Graham vs Richlands

Graham32

20 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Met several guys on the board over the years.  Always fun to see who you are arguing with!

Also a shocker when you learn that some are family and didn't have a clue!

I met you in the parking lot of a Tazewell/Abingdon game a few years back. Good dude. 

On 10/14/2017 at 1:36 PM, EH31 said:

Any Bluefield fans out there that have an opinion on this one?

I think Graham has more overall talent and Cooke sould be a game changer for Graham.  Richlands has a strong line and ran their slant plays pretty well when I saw them.  Better than anyone else has against Bluefield.  Graham needs their linebackers to play well underneath to contain that and they should be ok.

I still believe that the Graham QB is more athletic and will make more plays than the Richlands QB.  QB play coupled with Cooke should be the formula that Graham needs to win by two TDs.

Still, with heated rivals so many different things can happen.  Richlands has a lot of pride and they never quit while Graham will play with confidence and a chip on their shoulder.

On 10/14/2017 at 12:36 AM, Bulldogs52 said:

Graham sends The R to they’re first losing season in years! Mance says screw it and punches a ref!

I'm going to be there with the video camera ? Just kidding but I will be there & unless there's some better play calling & use of clock, I don't see Richlands winning. 

9 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

If maturity and discipline are factors, Palmer wins hands down. ?

I can't speak for Graham every week but their team is 100x more disciplined more than last year from what I have seen.

Mance could take hisuns and beat yoursuns, or take yoursuns and beat hisuns!  

Graham said to call them buttah, cause they're on a roll! 

Richland's defense has not played poorly all year( Except giving up the big play at times) !  I think Graham has speed, and speed kills, but no one from Graham is talking about last years implosions at Bluefield? 

On paper Graham should be favored, but does Mance have their number? 

I mean Mance adjusted and overcame HUGE deficits last year, with in my opinion, a better Graham Team last year? 
I thought Cousins, Meade, Allen, Dante, and last years team were better? 
No offense to Marion, but they caught lightning in a bottle with a couple of penalties and a 3 vertical call, that caught an adjustment to the run. 

RIchlands  should have beat one of the best record wise team n the Region.... 

Mance and company had Blacksburg sweating early with game plan. If Richlands moves the chains, and chews the clock, and doesn't let Graham hit a home run with Allen Scramble, Long Run, or Long Pass to Cook I would have to say the pressure is on the G men, and a wise man once said "Pressure Busts Pipes"     Graham may be too hype coming out..... Look for Mance to take the Rock, and if RIchlands gets the lead, the heat is on.......  Levi the Leg Forrest is a Weapon and can kick it deep from the turf at Ernie and has been clanging and banging coffin corner punts all year long (Except the ruh roh kick to Mitchell where he proceeded to MIA take it to the house through the coverage)  ALL THE PRESSURE IS ON GRAHAM. Same as it was on the Scarlet Hurricanes....... It took a bad snap, a 58 yard TD Strike LATE in the game, and some fortutious penalties (30 yards worth) and a blown call before the half to negate a RIchlands TD end of second for the Hurricane to emerge..........

16 minutes ago, trevorpilkins said:

Richland's defense has not played poorly all year( Except giving up the big play at times) !  I think Graham has speed, and speed kills, but no one from Graham is talking about last years implosions at Bluefield? 

I mean Mance adjusted and overcame HUGE deficits last year, with in my opinion, a better Graham Team last year? 
No offense to Marion, but they caught lightning in a bottle with a couple of penalties and a 3 vertical call, that caught an adjustment to the run. 

Mance and company had Blacksburg sweating early with game plan. If Richlands moves the chains, and chews the clock, and doesn't let Graham hit a home run with Allen Scramble, Long Run, or Long Pass to Cook I would have to say the pressure is on the G men, and a wise man once said "Pressure Busts Pipes"     Graham may be too hype coming out..... Look for Mance to take the Rock, and if RIchlands gets the lead, the heat is on.......  Levi the Leg Forrest is a Weapon and can kick it deep from the turf at Ernie and has been clanging and banging coffin corner punts all year long (Except the ruh roh kick to Mitchell where he proceeded to MIA take it to the house through the coverage)  ALL THE PRESSURE IS ON GRAHAM. Same as it was on the Scarlet Hurricanes....... It took a bad snap, a 58 yard TD Strike LATE in the game, and some fortutious penalties (30 yards worth) and a blown call before the half to negate a RIchlands TD end of second for the Hurricane to emerge..........

Let me guess you and Dook carpool to the family reunion.....

1 hour ago, trevorpilkins said:

Very thought-out, insightful, unbiased first post. 

Just get it off your chest and tell us how you really feel! Welcome a'board!

25 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Go Blues!!!!!

You see, I've never understood the phenomenon of cheering for a different school, especially one in your own classification and a possible postseason opponent, simply because their coach is an alumnus of your school.  It's bizarre.  Yet it happens in this weird Giles-Richlands love tryst.

You don't see Graham fans cheering for Gate City because of Akers.  You didn't see UVA fans cheering for Tennessee when Derek Dooley was coaching.  You don't see Oregon State fans cheering for UVA.

Besides, cheering for Richlands in this lopsided rivalry is like cheering for the house in blackjack.

12 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

You see, I've never understood the phenomenon of cheering for a different school, especially one in your own classification and a possible postseason opponent, simply because their coach is an alumnus of your school.  It's bizarre.  Yet it happens in this weird Giles-Richlands love tryst.

You don't see Graham fans cheering for Gate City because of Akers.  You didn't see UVA fans cheering for Tennessee when Derek Dooley was coaching.  You don't see Oregon State fans cheering for UVA.

Besides, cheering for Richlands in this lopsided rivalry is like cheering for the house in blackjack.

Really I'm not cheering for Richlands as much as I am Mance..good friend of mine I want to see have suceed

And if Giles can't win anything most of us root for our friend...once he leaves there I will not care one way or the other about them unless they are playing some team I just care nothing about

And this has nothing to do with Graham...they have an excellent team this year and are going to do well in post season

20 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Really I'm not cheering for Richlands as much as I am Mance..good friend of mine I want to see have suceed

And if Giles can't win anything most of us root for our friend...once he leaves there I will not care one way or the other about them unless they are playing some team I just care nothing about

And this has nothing to do with Graham...they have an excellent team this year and are going to do well in post season

Understood, but as a Giles fan shouldn't you want Graham to win so Giles will get extra rider points? Those extra points maybe could be the difference in a #3 ranking or #4? That would buy you another week before having to travel to Appomattox.