Updated power points Region D -- UNOFFICIAL

swva_havok_fan

6 minutes ago, mv91 said:

I am not an expert on numbers crunching Re: the power points, but would Richlands make the playoffs at 4&6 with a win against Lebanon and either VA High or Graham?

Yes. Barring some highly improbable circumstances they would get in with a slim possibility of getting as high as the #7 seed.

2003 vs. Magna Vista is correct.  After receiving a forfeit for the playoff game vs. Magna Vista the year before. Technically Richlands did not lose a playoff game in 2002 but did not win a championship either.

Definitely a log jam for sure 3-7 in 1A. Don't know how that's going to play out. Is a Thomas Walker team going to lose to three Cumberland opponents and make the playoffs? Assuming they lose to Burton. 

17 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

2003 vs. Magna Vista is correct.  After receiving a forfeit for the playoff game vs. Magna Vista the year before. Technically Richlands did not lose a playoff game in 2002 but did not win a championship either.

It may not have counted as a loss but it was a defeat in every sense of the word.

3 minutes ago, trumpet1988 said:

I think the last time Richlands missed the playoffs was in 2000?

Correct.

1 hour ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Can somebody refresh my memory...what was the forfeit regarding?  Since that was just before I was on the board and didn't have connections to things then.

7 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Can somebody refresh my memory...what was the forfeit regarding?  Since that was just before I was on the board and didn't have connections to things then.

After Magna Vista lost in the playoffs they "discovered" ineligible players. Had to forfeit every game that they won including playoff wins.

Not ineligible "players", just one player. Back up wr who played against Richlands but also got hurt on a kickoff coverage in the 4th qt. He couldn't play anymore so he goes to bball practice and said he wanted to play, we had a new AD who had just taken over the job a few weeks earlier and he started checking the eligibility of the kids who came out for bball tryouts, discovered the kid was to old and reported it. 

Back to the discussion of Eastside vs Chilhowie this Friday earlier in this thread; This game will be a dog fight, and not a major upset if Eastside wins. I say this because both teams are talented, and Eastside is on a winning streak, which they would love to continue. Chilhowie has a world of talent and skill, but as I have often said, CHS is known to lay an egg on a game and not show up at least once a year. I hope I am wrong and they come to play, but they are hard to figure out at times. Their defense has improved this year, but they still need a lot of improvement on their pass defense in order to be successful, imo. Best of luck to both teams.