Scoreboard: Week 1

Real Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Tiger_Tilt said:

Final 

Hon 6 Leb 27

Honaker looked better today than they did against Castlewood. 

My opinion the addition of Houchins and Hertig made the difference in this game! 

I agree, for the most part I don't think Lebanon will be a push over this year. Their backfield of Ward, Hertig, Houchins, and Tatum is pretty tough. They also have a couple other good athletes who made plays. 

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

According to VHSL standings, power points were given for Tazewell vs Riverhead game and first Graham vs Richlands game. 

Which matches exactly the information I was given by a fairly reliable source: that the Top 2 teams in each of the M7 and SWD, by Power Points, would qualify for the playoffs, which includes the SWD’s +1 game.

Counterpoint: 🤷

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

According to VHSL standings, power points were given for Tazewell vs Riverhead game and first Graham vs Richlands game. 

This is not true Coach Thad Wells said in the newspaper that the first game against gmen was a glorified benefit game and it did not count. He would know he is the coach. The next gmen blues game will be the game that decided who wins the south west district and makes playoffs the first game did not count 

22 minutes ago, Hokies1977 said:

This is not true Coach Thad Wells said in the newspaper that the first game against gmen was a glorified benefit game and it did not count. He would know he is the coach. The next gmen blues game will be the game that decided who wins the south west district and makes playoffs the first game did not count 

That's not what the official power points released by the VHSL are saying in the link posted. Maybe Wells misunderstood or was misquoted? Seems like you're incorrect

5 hours ago, BigWinners said:

That's not what the official power points released by the VHSL are saying in the link posted. Maybe Wells misunderstood or was misquoted? Seems like you're incorrect

Since the M7 has Abingdon and that was seen as unfair(a complete schedule and the benefit of playing a 3A, something no SWD team could do) the region voted that Abingdon doesn't count for the M7 teams and the non-district games don't count for the SWD teams. The first G/R game was designated as the non-district game. It meant nothing beyond bragging rights.

Or at least that's what multiple coaches from the region are saying 

11 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Since the M7 has Abingdon and that was seen as unfair(a complete schedule and the benefit of playing a 3A, something no SWD team could do) the region voted that Abingdon doesn't count for the M7 teams and the non-district games don't count for the SWD teams. The first G/R game was designated as the non-district game. It meant nothing beyond bragging rights.

Or at least that's what multiple coaches from the region are saying 

That's what I was under the impression of as well. The issue is that no one actually knows. And I don't trust the VHSL at all lol.

There also seems to be some disagreement about whether the Battle cancelations will be factored into the power points, will Rv and C multiply by 5 (as if Battle was a L) or by 4 (as if the game was never played, because it wasnt). 

Its a mess and no one seems to have seen anything definitive from the Region D or the VHSL, which is unacceptable imo

12 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Only playing 6 games then all 6 should count

As long as everyone is on the same page it doesn't really matter, but if the Abingdon game doesn't count for the M7 folks then the Out of District or duplicate game shouldn't count for the SWD. 

Its all a mess and id like a definitive answer to these questions, everyone seems to be getting their info from reliable sources, that have at least 2 different versions of how points are calculated.

20 minutes ago, redtiger said:

As long as everyone is on the same page it doesn't really matter, but if the Abingdon game doesn't count for the M7 folks then the Out of District or duplicate game shouldn't count for the SWD. 

Its all a mess and id like a definitive answer to these questions, everyone seems to be getting their info from reliable sources, that have at least 2 different versions of how points are calculated.

That's what I was thinking someone's source isn't gonna be so reliable

3 hours ago, redtiger said:

Out of district games count for points in a normal season...they should count now imo...no difference...if teams want to play twice then go right ahead but points should count for both games

11 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Out of district games count for points in a normal season...they should count now imo...no difference...if teams want to play twice then go right ahead but points should count for both games

I think his point is that the M7 doesn’t have any OoD games, and they all play a class 3 team in Abingdon that brings more points to the M7 teams. No SWD team was able to get a Class 3 school, so they are automatically behind in points through no fault of their own. 

So to make it even, what I and several others have been told from reliable sources is that the Abingdon games wouldn’t count and the SWD OoD games wouldn’t count so that way all 12 Class 2 teams have 5 Class 2 opponents to do the power points off of. Making it an even slate. 

52 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I think his point is that the M7 doesn’t have any OoD games, and they all play a class 3 team in Abingdon that brings more points to the M7 teams. No SWD team was able to get a Class 3 school, so they are automatically behind in points through no fault of their own. 

So to make it even, what I and several others have been told from reliable sources is that the Abingdon games wouldn’t count and the SWD OoD games wouldn’t count so that way all 12 Class 2 teams have 5 Class 2 opponents to do the power points off of. Making it an even slate. 

If Battle does not make up there games with RV and Central something just as nasty will happen 

1) Both Central and RV would end up dividing there power points total by 4 instead of 5 

2) John Battle will divide there's by 3 (Which strangely enough will all be Home Games)

3) All other opponents will miss out on at least 2 and up to 4 rider points because  because no one would be winning those games

Honestly I think that they will make up the games baring future outbreaks but who knows

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

If they’re only taking the top 2 in each district, does it really matter if SWD had 5 or 6 games? The top two will be the top two in all likelihood whether first game counts or not.  I guess as far as where playoffs are held it makes a difference. As someone said, it’s a mess but if VHSL is showing power point awarded for those games, I’d raise a stink if I were a coach that had them negated after the fact but that’s just me. 

13 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

If they’re only taking the top 2 in each district, does it really matter if SWD had 5 or 6 games? The top two will be the top two in all likelihood whether first game counts or not.  I guess as far as where playoffs are held it makes a difference. As someone said, it’s a mess but if VHSL is showing power point awarded for those games, I’d raise a stink if I were a coach that had them negated after the fact but that’s just me. 

Do some regions have 2A teams in more than 2 districts?  If so, how is that going to work out?  Is it up to each region to decide who makes the playoffs or is it up to the state?