AFTER THE WHISTLE EP. 3.10 Megan Markle Is a Robot, Finland Isn't Real and Holston & Union are 1 Game Away

bucfan64

EPISODE 3.10

WEEKLY RECAP - We cover the Region D Championship games.

CONSPIRACY OF THE WEEK- Royal family are vampires, Megan Markle is a Robot and Finland is a Communist Conspiracy to gain fishing rights in the Baltic.

PEAK PERFORMER OF THE WEEK - Union Bears

BIG TALK - Covid claims a contender and Holston is one game away from the Big Dance!

DID YOU KNOW ? Most points scored in a college football game, longest game and longest ever losing streak.

STUMP THE CRIG - If you had to stop brushing your teeth or wiping your butt, which would stop doing and why?

PIGSKIN PICKS - Union vs Appo and Holston vs Galax, who will be playing for it all?

Here's my issue with this Union-Central game commentary (and these coaches are a perfect example here):  I work with a lot of Central folks and all I've heard this week has been "If we wouldn't have fumbled....yada yada". Not a soul has stated another obvious fact here. Had Union not been  flagged so many times (especially the drive- killing holding calls we could have scored more ourselves. The excuses get old. Travis called a brilliant game. The Union sets had the Warriors offstride all night. Nobody from Union was making excuses when Central beat us earlier this year. We could have used the we are young excuse that Central has used for years,but we didn't.. Show some respect and give the devil his due. The excuses disrespect the opponent and teaches kids to make them in life which is a disservice to them when things gets tough.

4 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Losing teams make excuses...it's just the way it is

As the saying goes "Champions make plays, not excuses". When the game was on the line it came down to Union needing 2 first downs and the Warrior defense needing a stop. Nothing fancy from the Bears,just smash mouth pound the ball and punish the defense to win the game. Don't blame the fumbles. Blame the defense's inability to stop what everyone in the county knew was coming.

The part I listened to they gave Turner credit & Union credit for playing well. Wished Bears luck etc. They mentioned turnovers & said you can’t turn it over X number of times in playoffs and win which in essence is true whether it’s between Union & Central or  some other two teams. 

38 minutes ago, Unchained said:

As the saying goes "Champions make plays, not excuses". When the game was on the line it came down to Union needing 2 first downs and the Warrior defense needing a stop. Nothing fancy from the Bears,just smash mouth pound the ball and punish the defense to win the game. Don't blame the fumbles. Blame the defense's inability to stop what everyone in the county knew was coming.

Well a lot of things probably go into it.,.just man up and admit you got beat...no shame in it

6 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Let’s reexamine this early Saturday evening.

I'm sure some union moron will.make excuses...every fan base has them...yes graham too(if bradshaw would have played) blah blah blah....but most sensible union fans know if they lose Saturday that appo is the better team

26 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Let’s reexamine this early Saturday evening.

How will that have any bearing on the games already played?

EDIT-I see what you're saying, to wait And see if Union fans make a buncha excuses. But it still won't change the excuses given from anyone else. If Union makes excuses, they'll be in same boat as Wise/Graham fans already making excuses.

And why did no one tell me that the dude was so drastically changing reality and talking about virtue signaling? In that thread, all that was said was that if you're out there being reckless, you aren't just putting yourself in danger, you're putting other people who may be less equipped to deal with a deadly virus in danger. It's an incredible leap of logic from that to all the hyperbolic nonsense about virtue signaling. That's silly. No one advocated shutting anything back down, no one said to stop playing sports, the point was other things that can kill other people, i.e. driving was an example given, are highly regulated and require proper training. If you're out there flouting all safety measures and choosing to do the wrong things like not giving people space, not being vigilant with hand washing, etc...it's being incredibly selfish.

TBH, I'm pretty disappointed in the host @bucfan64.  It was a discussion about personal freedoms v. personal responsibility to public health and then you go out there and say it was a "sickening" display of virtue signaling. If you'd like to elaborate on your claim and be more specific, maybe we can actually figure out what caused you to so overstate things.

And I wanna be as clear as possible, I'm not talking shit, I'm not saying anyone did anything wrong or anyone should be upset or whatever, I was just disheartened to watch the podcast and have my opinion be classified in that manor. Maybe he's talking about someone else and I missed it, maybe I came off disingenuous, I dunno. It just sucked to have my nuanced, fair (at least I thought) and rational opinion be just thoroughly dismissed as being some illogical, insane opinion. 

It could be worse,  ever watch loudmouth on ESPN? At least it's local and partly in fun,  if some of you actually knew these guys you'd be surprised how much they're rooting for region D no matter what. They're stating opinions based on their experiences, knowledge,  and bias. Yes bias, we all lean towards our alliances but there's no harm intended or done.  Enjoy the game,  and for the record crigger has a beautiful voice. Would have been better if the old guy played spoons and tester on bass. My autocorrect tried to spell chigger, makes sense lol.

To be the man, you have to beat the man, Appomattox is the defending state champion, many many of those kids are still there, 4x champions, speed everywhere , heck their cheerleaders can run fast . Union  will be Union, hopefully the kicking game don’t beat them like it did last time

10 hours ago, BigWinners said:

How will that have any bearing on the games already played?

EDIT-I see what you're saying, to wait And see if Union fans make a buncha excuses. But it still won't change the excuses given from anyone else. If Union makes excuses, they'll be in same boat as Wise/Graham fans already making excuses.

And why did no one tell me that the dude was so drastically changing reality and talking about virtue signaling? In that thread, all that was said was that if you're out there being reckless, you aren't just putting yourself in danger, you're putting other people who may be less equipped to deal with a deadly virus in danger. It's an incredible leap of logic from that to all the hyperbolic nonsense about virtue signaling. That's silly. No one advocated shutting anything back down, no one said to stop playing sports, the point was other things that can kill other people, i.e. driving was an example given, are highly regulated and require proper training. If you're out there flouting all safety measures and choosing to do the wrong things like not giving people space, not being vigilant with hand washing, etc...it's being incredibly selfish.

TBH, I'm pretty disappointed in the host @bucfan64.  It was a discussion about personal freedoms v. personal responsibility to public health and then you go out there and say it was a "sickening" display of virtue signaling. If you'd like to elaborate on your claim and be more specific, maybe we can actually figure out what caused you to so overstate things.

Bucfan64 is harmless-just an old man tilting at whatever windmills talk radio tells him to. 

13 hours ago, Unchained said:

Blame the defense's inability to stop what everyone in the county knew was coming.

Im fairly certain the astronauts that went to the space station today knew what was coming. 😂😂

I would wager that the vast majority of Union fans feel as I do regarding tomorrow. We are playing with house money. There's zero pressure on our kids. Not a soul going into this season thought this team would be Region D Champions and a state semifinalist. Appo has the weight of expectation-not us. Go out and be loose and hit 'em in the mouth and see what happens Bears.

38 minutes ago, Unchained said:

I would wager that the vast majority of Union fans feel as I do regarding tomorrow. We are playing with house money. There's zero pressure on our kids. Not a soul going into this season thought this team would be Region D Champions and a state semifinalist. Appo has the weight of expectation-not us. Go out and be loose and hit 'em in the mouth and see what happens Bears.

I will have to agree with you 100% on your post....If Union can play with them hand & hand and stay away from the BIG PLAY they have a great chance in winning this game...I think the weather plays a factor in this game also, A wet sloppy field will slow a fast Appomattox down some....

And last the Union fan base will have to be the 12th man in showing the Bears we got the backs!!!👍💪🏈 By showing how LOUD we can cheer them on with Bells, Train Horns and all..

GO BEARS🏈

1 minute ago, UNION#ATW said:

I will have to agree with you 100% on your post....If Union can play with them hand & hand and stay away from the BIG PLAY they have a great chance in winning this game...I think the weather plays a factor in this game also, A wet sloppy field will slow a fast Appomattox down some....

And last the Union fan base will have to be the 12th man in showing the Bears we got the backs!!!👍💪🏈 By showing how LOUD we can cheer them on with Bells, Train Horns and all..

GO BEARS🏈

If we cut down on the laundry and hang onto the pigskin we have a shot.

1 hour ago, Unchained said:

If we cut down on the laundry and hang onto the pigskin we have a shot.

I agree we gotta keep the penalties down to have any chance.  I watched both Appo playoff games and we gotta stop that Damn quick handoff up the middle.  They have busted about 5 TDS on that same play and when he gets by the line no one is catching him.  It's  nothing fancy but they execute it to perfection.  Hopefully Jervis and company stop him in the backfield before he hits fifth gear.

21 hours ago, Unchained said:

Here's my issue with this Union-Central game commentary (and these coaches are a perfect example here):  I work with a lot of Central folks and all I've heard this week has been "If we wouldn't have fumbled....yada yada". Not a soul has stated another obvious fact here. Had Union not been  flagged so many times (especially the drive- killing holding calls we could have scored more ourselves. The excuses get old. Travis called a brilliant game. The Union sets had the Warriors offstride all night. Nobody from Union was making excuses when Central beat us earlier this year. We could have used the we are young excuse that Central has used for years,but we didn't.. Show some respect and give the devil his due. The excuses disrespect the opponent and teaches kids to make them in life which is a disservice to them when things gets tough.

Go back and read the Union Central thread from the first meeting... plenty of excuses in that one 😂

Hats off to Union and good luck to them. Better prepared and out executed in all facets of the game including coaching.

4 hours ago, Warriors_XO said:

Go back and read the Union Central thread from the first meeting... plenty of excuses in that one 😂

Hats off to Union and good luck to them. Better prepared and out executed in all facets of the game including coaching.

Went back and read it didn't see 1 excuse.  All I could find was Union played well last 3 quarters after Central kicked our butt in the 1st quarter.  Must be on a different thread that I couldn't find.

3 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Went back and read it didn't see 1 excuse.  All I could find was Union played well last 3 quarters after Central kicked our butt in the 1st quarter.  Must be on a different thread that I couldn't find.

Looked like somebody said "IF" Jenkins would have thrown that ball.... thats making an excuse. We can see IF all day. I'm saying why not say one team outplayed and outexecuted the other?

1 hour ago, Warriors_XO said:

Looked like somebody said "IF" Jenkins would have thrown that ball.... thats making an excuse. We can see IF all day. I'm saying why not say one team outplayed and outexecuted the other?

You wrote "plenty of excuses" what else you got cause that's a bad one