Fall 2021 Covid "moves"

VHSLhelper

34 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Yeah, very small school 304 grades 8-12 , we could have played Va High , Betsy, or maybe the new Westridge HS in Kingsport or even Volunteer HS as long as we don’t play them Ky schools

Thomas Walter was my first instinct ... then I thought ... no way that Union would even schedule them! Obviously, I was wrong! 🤐🤐🤐

gone : *Luray @ Stuarts Draft
add : King William @ Stuarts Draft (add Tues, CCD Wed - trans. issues)
drop : KW @ SD

Louisa Co. @ Monticello : 1-0, FFT
Clarke Co. @ Mountain View : 1-0, FFT
Pike Co. Central @ Phelps : 1-0, FFT

gone : Auburn @ Fort Chiswell - CCD 
add : Grayson Co. @ Fort Chiswell (NONd)

gone : Eastside @ Lee (from 9/3)
add : Eastern Montgomery - Lee @ Emory & Henry on Oct. 12
add : Eastside @ Hurley on Tues, 10/26
move : Thomas Walker @ Eastside - from Fri. 10/22, to Thur. 10/21

Broadway @ Central (Wood) - pushed back to Sat. @ 2

For the G-Men faithful, I read on VaPreps that Clarke County needs a game this weekend.  It looks like they just opened up today.  Quite a bit of distance between Bluefield and Berryville, about 4.5 hours driving time from one town to the other.   It would also feature a top five 2A matchup with Clarke ranked 5th in the Virginia Preps Rankings and the G-Men ranked 1st in the state. 

43 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

Thomas Walter was my first instinct ... then I thought ... no way that Union would even schedule them! Obviously, I was wrong! 🤐🤐🤐

Apparently, Union couldn't find a 10th game to fit the schedule and had to pay TW to play them. I've heard numbers between $2,000 - $5,000 going to the Pioneers. Not sure of the exact payment. Bear fans weren't very happy about it.

12 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

For the G-Men faithful, I read on VaPreps that Clarke County needs a game this weekend.  It looks like they just opened up today.  Quite a bit of distance between Bluefield and Berryville, about 4.5 hours driving time from one town to the other.   It would also feature a top five 2A matchup with Clarke ranked 5th in the Virginia Preps Rankings and the G-Men ranked 1st in the state. 

That would be a game

An FFT win is "scheming" and cowardly IF you are a school who has a forfeit win and you don't try to find a game and are just content with the FFT win.  I'm certain coward isn't in the vocabulary or mentality of the Graham homies.  Those cats want to play from the English Teacher to the Head Coach to the AD and every fan.  They've always been that way for decades and nothing has changed there.  I have no doubt Graham has tried.  This doesn't apply to Graham, but I wrote it earlier, the Coaches, Administrators, AD has a duty to find your kids football games.  This trumps the "scheming" of trying to get over on power points and be content with some stupid as* FFT.  If you have an "FFT" over Wytheville and you have a chance to play Salem which likely means a loss, you take the Salem game.  Your seniors got shi* on in their junior season and didn't have but an abbreviated season and this year, it's more of the same.  They deserve to simply be able to play football.   Again, this isn't in Graham's DNA.  They will play if they can.  But, I am certain there are some other schools out there who are "scheming" or worrying about power point rating like it's the NFL playoffs or something and for the schools that do that, you have shi* for leaders. 

In the specific case of Graham.  Lets say Graham can't find a game and they take the FFT win.   I argue that even with the power point gain by getting the FFT win, the value of getting your kids playing together, forming cohesiveness, decreasing the self inflicted penalties if FAR, FAR more valuable come playoff time than missing 4 more quarters for your kids to get experience, even with the fact of gaining power points.  Not playing is MORE costly when Graham gets to that 2nd or 3rd playoff game.  That experience of even just one more game can actually MATTER.  Union was sharp for paying TW to play.  Even though it sucks, they understand the importance of PLAYING GAMES.  It means everything in the form of cohesiveness, timing with your offense, rhythm, getting on the same sheet of music, cutting down turnover and penalties, etc. 

I understand what you are saying. It appears on the surface and I may be wrong on this that Wythe used the covid protocol to their advantage to avoid playing us. Graham, Tazewell, Richlands, and many other schools have played on 2 or 3 days practice. Granted it may have not worked out that great in terms of performance but the kids still got to play. Wythe hurt both schools with this. To my knowledge Graham has tried several schools. Chiswell chosen to play Grayson twice. The other schools that were open either declined, decided to drive across the state instead of staying home and playing us, or found closer opponents. As far as playing Clarke County, I'm not sure how difficult it is to secure the transportation and logistics for a trip that far. 

42 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

An FFT win is "scheming" and cowardly IF you are a school who has a forfeit win and you don't try to find a game and are just content with the FFT win.  I'm certain coward isn't in the vocabulary or mentality of the Graham homies.  Those cats want to play from the English Teacher to the Head Coach to the AD and every fan.  They've always been that way for decades and nothing has changed there.  I have no doubt Graham has tried.  This doesn't apply to Graham, but I wrote it earlier, the Coaches, Administrators, AD has a duty to find your kids football games.  This trumps the "scheming" of trying to get over on power points and be content with some stupid as* FFT.  If you have an "FFT" over Wytheville and you have a chance to play Salem which likely means a loss, you take the Salem game.  Your seniors got shi* on in their junior season and didn't have but an abbreviated season and this year, it's more of the same.  They deserve to simply be able to play football.   Again, this isn't in Graham's DNA.  They will play if they can.  But, I am certain there are some other schools out there who are "scheming" or worrying about power point rating like it's the NFL playoffs or something and for the schools that do that, you have shi* for leaders. 

In the specific case of Graham.  Lets say Graham can't find a game and they take the FFT win.   I argue that even with the power point gain by getting the FFT win, the value of getting your kids playing together, forming cohesiveness, decreasing the self inflicted penalties if FAR, FAR more valuable come playoff time than missing 4 more quarters for your kids to get experience, even with the fact of gaining power points.  Not playing is MORE costly when Graham gets to that 2nd or 3rd playoff game.  That experience of even just one more game can actually MATTER.  Union was sharp for paying TW to play.  Even though it sucks, they understand the importance of PLAYING GAMES.  It means everything in the form of cohesiveness, timing with your offense, rhythm, getting on the same sheet of music, cutting down turnover and penalties, etc. 

Graham finding a game wasn’t for lack of trying. I’m sure the coaches would prefer for the boys to play also. To my knowledge they were still reaching out to people last night. None of the Graham staff mentioned forfeit that was just me for GW finding every reason in the book to avoid playing Friday or Saturday of this week when they’re off of Covid protocol & putting another team in a bind needlessly. They did a disservice to Graham and their own boys. 

14 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I understand what you are saying. It appears on the surface and I may be wrong on this that Wythe used the covid protocol to their advantage to avoid playing us. Graham, Tazewell, Richlands, and many other schools have played on 2 or 3 days practice. Granted it may have not worked out that great in terms of performance but the kids still got to play. Wythe hurt both schools with this. To my knowledge Graham has tried several schools. Chiswell chosen to play Grayson twice. The other schools that were open either declined, decided to drive across the state instead of staying home and playing us, or found closer opponents. As far as playing Clarke County, I'm not sure how difficult it is to secure the transportation and logistics for a trip that far. 

I would play Wythe next season if it was 2 year deal and find a different opponent to schedule in the future.

12 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I would play Wythe next season if it was 2 year deal and find a different opponent to schedule in the future.

I heard George Wythe offered to play Monday night of next week. What? GW planning on practicing Saturday & Sunday. I guess they wanted to appear cooperative since they’re getting blasted on here and probably by some of their own folks I would imagine. Graham plays Bluefield Friday. I’m no coach but I wouldn’t play GW Monday after offering to play Saturday when I have to prepare for Bluefield. You want your boys to play every game possible but not two games the week you play Bluefield. I’m like you, once contract is fulfilled, find another team. 💯 %, done! 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I heard George Wythe offered to play Monday night of next week. What? GW planning on practicing Saturday & Sunday. I guess they wanted to appear cooperative since they’re getting blasted on here and probably by some of their own folks I would imagine. Graham plays Bluefield Friday. I’m no coach but I wouldn’t play GW Monday after offering to play Saturday when I have to prepare for Bluefield. You want your boys to play every game possible but not two games the week you play Bluefield. I’m like you, once contract is fulfilled, find another team. 💯 %, done! 

I don't think any coach or administrator gives a "FLYING SHIT" about what goes on here!!

7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Were they planning on holding practice Saturday and Sunday to prepare for their game on Monday? 😂

Just now, Mountain Football said:

You would be surprised my friend 

A damn message board means nothing to a coach or adminstrator.  Do you think their decisions are based on this board or have, remotely any action, in their decisions!  I know some definitley read the board, but they could care less!  

Just now, FoxTrot said:

A damn message board means nothing to a coach or adminstrator.  Do you think their decisions are based on this board or have, remotely any action, in their decisions!  I know some definitley read the board, but they could care less!  

Part 1 or your first sentence is 100% wrong.  Part two, regarding their decisions is correct, BUT........because part 2 is true doesn't make part 1 true.

6 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

I don't think any coach or administrator gives a "FLYING SHIT" about what goes on here!!

You may be right! I’m sure they don’t care what a bunch of nobody sports board junkies think but I bet a lot of them read it & it helps us fans vent 😂😂😂