Union/Ridgeview

Gridiron60

1 minute ago, Wolf1207 said:

Between that and the Rv fans around me spending most of the night letting the refs have it! 

Yeah a few of your fans have some good lungs over there I couldn't hear the horn over them I guess 🤣

6 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Look…blow your horn all you want until they break the huddle and then stop….follow the dang rules and have some integrity.  It ain’t hard.  I also noticed the band played and the PA announcer was vocal during RV’s snap count as well.  So, either they aren’t educated in the rules or just don’t care.  It drew a lot of attention from the RV side.  If they aren’t careful, I can see them banning all air horn devices.  I think they did that in the playoffs (can someone check me on that?).  

pleeeeaaaaseee, P A guy bothered you,yep you were not there, a  T V expert ,because if you would have been there your own band played (i stood right beside them) and no one and i mean no one could hear the play by play guy, we complain that the home side cant hear him , less so on the visitors side.

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

pleeeeaaaaseee, P A guy bothered you,yep you were not there, a  T V expert ,because if you would have been there your own band played (i stood right beside them) and no one and i mean no one could hear the play by play guy, we complain that the home side cant hear him , less so on the visitors side.

Yea, no way anyone heard Mr Mumbles. Wish they would replace him. We have the most boring, monotone PA guy in the M7.

29 minutes ago, Travis s said:

Just by watching teams on film I think Abingdon is better then Ridgeview and Union. Going to be big games for both teams Union at Abingdon Ridgeview gets them on the Ridge.

Abingdon will be a tough out, but the way Central was able to battle back in the 2nd half gives me hope.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Yea, no way anyone heard Mr Mumbles. Wish they would replace him. We have the most boring, monotone PA guy in the M7.

I quit buying half and half tickets because I can't hear the numbers being announced

9 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Look…blow your horn all you want until they break the huddle and then stop….follow the dang rules and have some integrity.  It ain’t hard.  I also noticed the band played and the PA announcer was vocal during RV’s snap count as well.  So, either they aren’t educated in the rules or just don’t care.  It drew a lot of attention from the RV side.  If they aren’t careful, I can see them banning all air horn devices.  I think they did that in the playoffs (can someone check me on that?).  

The Ridgeview band did the same thing while Union had the ball. So for the band specifically it’s pretty much a wash for both teams. 

3 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

I was there. Everything I said stands…doesn’t matter if he mumbles (he does do that-  RV’s is no better—-come to think of it a lot of places have guys like that).  If RV’s band did, I’m surprised because I didn’t hear them play much of anything.  That horn tho’. Straight up illegal guys and those dudes know it.  RV burned two timeouts due to it in the first half.  A spade is a spade.  I also noticed there was no running play clock (was told they were broke) and I specifically watched all the refs and never saw one check time.  On a 2nd and 8 (running clock situation) the Union QB walked to the sideline and got the play from the coach and half jogged back, called the play in the huddle, walked to the line and then burned another 4-5 seconds on the call…..not one ref checked time.  Absolutely 0% chance that happened within 40 seconds.  Chalk it up to home field advantage.

14 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Watching this game saturday morning on nfhs. Why is the train horn blowing during a ridgeview snap count?

Because 40 year old men think it’s okay to knowingly due illegal stuff (with the schools consent) to mess with 16, 17 kids from another team.  From what I’ve seen over the years…they don’t hide from it, They own it.  I’m an old Army guy who still believes in integrity.  Do the right thing. I’m a dinosaur, I guess.

1 minute ago, oldfool said:

Refs dont call a sideline warning none either lol Union coaches are on playing field practically every play.

Turner calls for a measurement on a 3rd and 2….it was a full two yards short…RV side went nuts.  Turner immediately pulled his offense to the sideline and drew up a play….free timeout. RV’s defense stayed on the field. Refs not smart enough to know what just happened.

10 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

I was there. Everything I said stands…doesn’t matter if he mumbles (he does do that-  RV’s is no better—-come to think of it a lot of places have guys like that).  If RV’s band did, I’m surprised because I didn’t hear them play much of anything.  That horn tho’. Straight up illegal guys and those dudes know it.  RV burned two timeouts due to it in the first half.  A spade is a spade.  I also noticed there was no running play clock (was told they were broke) and I specifically watched all the refs and never saw one check time.  On a 2nd and 8 (running clock situation) the Union QB walked to the sideline and got the play from the coach and half jogged back, called the play in the huddle, walked to the line and then burned another 4-5 seconds on the call…..not one ref checked time.  Absolutely 0% chance that happened within 40 seconds.  Chalk it up to home field advantage.

I'll give you the train horn, but Mr Mumbles barely talks when he's supposed to let alone while the ball is in play.

And the back judge absolutely checked time. Union actually burned a TO once because they almost had a delay. He had his right hand up and left hand on his stop watching looking at. He was about to start waving when Turner called the TO.

Can't speak to any other plays as that was the only one I watched the back judge.

1 hour ago, Travis s said:

Just by watching teams on film I think Abingdon is better then Ridgeview and Union. Going to be big games for both teams Union at Abingdon Ridgeview gets them on the Ridge.

Well, being a 3A school playing in a 2A conference has its advantages.  Lol. They should re-zone and send 150 kids to John Battle or make them drive to Roanoke.  I’m really surprised other M7 schools don’t complain more about this.

2 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Turner calls for a measurement on a 3rd and 2….it was a full two yards short…RV side went nuts.  Turner immediately pulled his offense to the sideline and drew up a play….free timeout. RV’s defense stayed on the field. Refs not smart enough to know what just happened.

That's just good coaching. You take what you can get.

No, no, no, don't youu non Union fans start getting a moral conscience now.  I went down to watch Graham and Union in 2018 when Graham beat up Union pretty bad, and I complained that Union was literally blowing their train horn during the snap count. Then a couple of sheeple came on here telling me it was a "bad take."  I told you then it was a problem and 3 years later it is still a problem. 

I blame Ridgeview. You know the history. Call the VHSL on Monday 4-5 days prior to the game and it gives you a chance at least to fix the problem. If you are a Union fan and don't understand that a train horn DURING the snap count, keywords....During the snap count is the true "bad take" then you are either ignorant or a first class poopy flavored lollipop.

13 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

No, no, no, don't youu non Union fans start getting a moral conscience now.  I went down to watch Graham and Union in 2018 when Graham beat up Union pretty bad, and I complained that Union was literally blowing their train horn during the snap count. Then a couple of sheeple came on here telling me it was a "bad take."  I told you then it was a problem and 3 years later it is still a problem. 

I blame Ridgeview. You know the history. Call the VHSL on Monday 4-5 days prior to the game and it gives you a chance at least to fix the problem. If you are a Union fan and don't understand that a train horn DURING the snap count, keywords....During the snap count is the true "bad take" then you are either ignorant or a first class poopy flavored lollipop.

Question: Does a second class poopy flavored lollipop taste any different than a first class one? Or do they both leave a sh@$!y taste in your mouth?

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

That's just good coaching. You take what you can get.

It is if he knows it'll happen. That happened at least twice and they were a good yard or more from the first down.

I didn't hear the PA announcer at all hardly or the bands. 

10 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

It is if he knows it'll happen. That happened at least twice and they were a good yard or more from the first down.

I didn't hear the PA announcer at all hardly or the bands. 

Think he flashed his leg, batted his eye lashes and said pretty please! 

Take what you can get, and use what you got! Lol

On 10/9/2021 at 1:15 PM, Union_Fan said:

Take what you can get, and use what you 

On 10/9/2021 at 12:32 PM, vtdavis4321 said:

I wasn’t on here at the time or I would have backed you up.  I suspect we will see action on this…it got a lot more attention this time.  Bubbas didn’t even try to cut it off….blew all the way through the play.  WCYB-TV had it on TV.  Lol.

14 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Take what you can get, and use what you got! Lol

It all adds up.  I don’t think it was a coincidence that Union outscored RV 14-0 in the first half and RV outscored Union 21-14 in the second.  Same thing happened two years ago.  “Slow” starts….critical penalties on RV…. bad snaps while a freakin train horn is blowing through your snap count…forced use of timeouts.   Fourteen seconds running off the clock on penalty with less than four minutes left in the game.  Broken play clocks (favors the slower paced team). Ounces add up to pounds.

12 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

They threw one deep, an under thrown fade.  I watched every snap of this matchup. Bunch wasn’t alone on him as they inverted a corner (#18) and placed him inside of Beavers.  They bracketed him the whole game.  If Bunch could “handle” him they wouldn’t have needed to add another DB and bracket.   They adopted the exact same approach as Central did…so, Turner did change his defense.  Give him credit for not allowing ego to get in the way.  Beavers will have to face a bracket the rest of his career.  Looks like they are finding ways to defeat it.  I still would have thrown the skinny post.  Bunch was 10 yards off and playing extreme outside technique. He would not have been able to get over on a post, nor run him down. RV has over relied on the fade to #7.  They need to show more diversity on his routes.

18 was only on that side of the field when they went four wide with four WRs. When Beavers was alone on one side,  he was given tons of cushion and Bunch shadowed him. I thought they would have Jenkins, 21, play over the top and have Bunch crowd him, but they used Jenkins to shadow Counts. Unions defensive alignment did not change much at all, no double safety looks, they kept their personnel the same. That was obv the game plan. Keep everything in front and then make tackles on short routes. It failed on the screens but down the field, RV had very little success.