Union/Graham

Gridiron60

6 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Your right they where running a 1-1-9 defense during practice today.  So Graham should be focusing on a run game this week.  Also on offense Union will run a single wing offense with Lomax the QB.  So anyone on here from Graham please don't let the coaching staff no this 🙏

Don’t tell Coach Turner but Graham moved Brody to QB and plan to throw it across the middle all game long. No passes to Bradshaw, no need to even cover him much less double cover. Should be interesting with all the changes Union & Graham are trying out. 😂😂😂

45 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Hopefully this game will be streamed by someone on facebook, NFHS sucks and does nothing but buffer.

It might be your internet service. I’ve never had that issue. The camera at Mitchell is pretty good as far as view & following the action. 

14 minutes ago, foosballer said:

Has Graham ever beat Union at home in a playoff game?

No. According to fourseasonsfootball.com this will be the 3rd playoff game between these teams at Mitchell. Union won both times. Graham hadn't beat Union at Mitchell until this year's regular season game. 

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Don’t tell Coach Turner but Graham moved Brody to QB and plan to throw it across the middle all game long. No passes to Bradshaw, no need to even cover him much less double cover. Should be interesting with all the changes Union & Graham are trying out. 😂😂😂

Union should have some success with the 8 DBs sitting in coverage 😂

4 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Union should have some success with the 8 DBs sitting in coverage 😂

Don't know about who has the success, but I would dang sure bet the house Union plays has a shi# ton of kids in the secondary.

I think Union almost gives Grahsm the run in order to not get beat with the pass, and they make Graham work down the field which killss clock and shortens the game.  In a perfect world for the Bears, they want the GMen to have no more than 7 touches and 3 of those turnovers, 1 stop, and 3 touchdowns which means the Bears need 3 scores to tie and one more to win

Is the above what the Bears coaches are thinking? I haven't a clue. No idea what their plan is. I'm just telling you mine if I'm in the Bears situation, and it's why I'm not a coach.

I think everyone agrees Union wants to run it, and run it well, and shorten the game with their run game and shorten the game by not giving up big plays on defense which also shortens the game because it takes more time for the Gmen to score. Gate City and Gretna years ago was that perfect world scenario.

51 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Don't know about who has the success, but I would dang sure bet the house Union plays has a shi# ton of kids in the secondary.

I think Union almost gives Grahsm the run in order to not get beat with the pass, and they make Graham work down the field which killss clock and shortens the game.  In a perfect world for the Bears, they want the GMen to have no more than 7 touches and 3 of those turnovers, 1 stop, and 3 touchdowns which means the Bears need 3 scores to tie and one more to win

Is the above what the Bears coaches are thinking? I haven't a clue. No idea what their plan is. I'm just telling you mine if I'm in the Bears situation, and it's why I'm not a coach.

I think everyone agrees Union wants to run it, and run it well, and shorten the game with their run game and shorten the game by not giving up big plays on defense which also shortens the game because it takes more time for the Gmen to score. Gate City and Gretna years ago was that perfect world scenario.

The first game what killed Union was not being able to tackle the QB.  Couple times they had him sacked and I'd look away and then here he comes running back across the field.  Also the holding has to stop or there's no chance

15 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

The first game what killed Union was not being able to tackle the QB.  Couple times they had him sacked and I'd look away and then here he comes running back across the field.  Also the holding has to stop or there's no chance

Nope, fumble in the red zone with the opportunity to go up two touchdowns and punter calling his own fake from the goal line was what killed Union.

10 minutes ago, foosballer said:

Nope, fumble in the red zone with the opportunity to go up two touchdowns and punter calling his own fake from the goal line was what killed Union.

Who fumbled for Union in the red zone?  QB, Lomax, Satterfield?  QB exchange, etc?  I remember watching on NFHS and the fumble where Union had it all but put away, but can't remember who fumbled or what caused it?  Was it stripped, exchange with QB, etc?

20 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Who fumbled for Union in the red zone?  QB, Lomax, Satterfield?  QB exchange, etc?  I remember watching on NFHS and the fumble where Union had it all but put away, but can't remember who fumbled or what caused it?  Was it stripped, exchange with QB, etc?

Satterfield

26 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Satterfield, it’s hard to tell on NFHS but it looked like he lost it when Brody tackled him.

Also in last 2 minutes or so, Union is driving down field and the play before 3 and 3 Lomax leaves the game with cramps......next play they are short of the 1st down requiring them to punt. If Lomax stays in the game they more than likely make that first down and run the clock out.  

2 hours ago, foosballer said:

Well yeah the fumble hurt and the fake punt but getting 30 yard runs and 80 yard tds Called back don't help either

1 hour ago, foosballer said:

Also in last 2 minutes or so, Union is driving down field and the play before 3 and 3 Lomax leaves the game with cramps......next play they are short of the 1st down requiring them to punt. If Lomax stays in the game they more than likely make that first down and run the clock out.  

They should have went for it on 4th down but the defense was playing well

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Satterfield

Dam*, Satterfield sure is in the thick of things up at Mitchell.  He put one away in the end in the spring, and was key in helping perhaps give one away in the fall.  I predict this game comes down to something involving Satterfield in the final minutes regarding the outcome.

1 hour ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Dam*, Satterfield sure is in the thick of things up at Mitchell.  He put one away in the end in the spring, and was key in helping perhaps give one away in the fall.  I predict this game comes down to something involving Satterfield in the final minutes regarding the outcome.

Hope it's more akin to the Spring than September.

10 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

It might be your internet service. I’ve never had that issue. The camera at Mitchell is pretty good as far as view & following the action. 

Only real problem is camera always misses a big play