Union/Graham

Gridiron60

3 hours ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

It's also hard to beat Graham once this year.

I like Graham by 14 points or more in the vicinity of 34-17, OR......Union wins close.  Will not be any in between in my opinion.  I'm going to choose the second option.  I think Union beats Graham close.  I picked Union to win the Region immediately after the loss to Graham in round one and I'll stick with.  They'll run it well enough to limit Graham's possessions and they won't turn over more than once, and they will Beg Graham to throw the ball in the middle of the field and take away the deep pass, and I still think Graham's inability, or almost by choice, lack of intermediate passing game will catch them.  Even against Lee High win I watched the game this morning, no across the middle/intermediate routes.  I think Union gets a couple picks on deep balls playing center field.  Why Graham's offensive staff will not design a pass route across the middle of field 10-15 yards off the ball is beyond my understanding, but I think it's one of the contributors that ends Graham's season Saturday afternoon.

On the above, I am just giving my take.  I'm no soothsayer and have no idea what the future will be.  I'm just giving some reasons/opinions on why I think Union wins it close.  I could be dead wrong.

I agree with the first sentence 1000%. Graham wins comfortably or Union sneaks in and steals it late. Im inclined to say Graham wins by 20, 40-20 or something similar, but honestly no result would shock me aside from a Union rout (which I can't see happening).

28 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Im very saddened to read of the passing of one of BSG finest my thoughts and prayers for his family and community. 

I read on Twitter that Officer Chandler scored the last TD in Powell Valley football. Such a sad , senseless death. Prayers for his family, friends, coworkers, & community. 

9 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I agree with the first sentence 1000%. Graham wins comfortably or Union sneaks in and steals it late. Im inclined to say Graham wins by 20, 40-20 or something similar, but honestly no result would shock me aside from a Union rout (which I can't see happening).

This game is going to be a nail bitter. If Graham plays like they did the first time Union will make it interesting. Graham needs to fully game plan against Lomax. You stop him you stand a chance. Not going to be easy though. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I read on Twitter that Officer Chandler scored the last TD in Powell Valley football. Such a sad , senseless death. Prayers for his family, friends, coworkers, & community. 

THAT is true, he always bragged about it, loved that kid

19 minutes ago, graham32 said:

This game is going to be a nail bitter. If Graham plays like they did the first time Union will make it interesting. Graham needs to fully game plan against Lomax. You stop him you stand a chance. Not going to be easy though. 

they game planned for LOMAX or LOAD-MAX back in the spring and SATTERFIELD took it to the HOUSE

Just now, jarhead24219 said:

they game planned for LOMAX or LOAD-MAX back in the spring and SATTERFIELD took it to the HOUSE

One would like to think Tony Palmer learns from his mistakes. The game is going to be close. 

9 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Thanks for going there…I still have nightmares about that last play 😂😂 I get some big time football anxiety when we play Union especially after that run by Satterfield, lol. 

22 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Good point. 

22 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Thanks for going there…I still have nightmares about that last play 😂😂 I get some big time football anxiety when we play Union especially after that run by Satterfield, lol. 

As long as they dont wear all yellow, they should be ok.

2 hours ago, graham32 said:

One would like to think Tony Palmer learns from his mistakes. The game is going to be close. 

I’d say Tony Palmer and his assistants will have his team well prepared. I just hope he’s held back some offensive stuff and throws some surprises Union’s way. If it comes down like it did the past two games between Union & Graham, I might should stand near the Rescue Squad ambulance to watch because I may have a coronary.