Graham/Beaver Game

Gridiron60

I believe that the game plays out similar to last season.  Graham's  bigger, more physical line allowed Graham to push Bluefield around the field and the Beavers couldn't stop the run.  I think Bluefield may get a couple big plays and their athletic qb makes a couple of somethings out of nothings.  But in the end I think Graham wins comfortably. 

I haven't seen the Beavers yet.  Seen the G-Men against GC and the G-Men look pretty dang talented out there.  Big and Fast and stout lineplay and defense.  I would have loved to see the Beavers in one of their scrimmages.  Bluefield is one tough nut to crack over the years for the GMen and it's been pretty rare for Graham to beat em twice in a row in their series history.  I know there has been a few times I can remember where Graham beats em the year before and Graham seemed to kind of be the favorite coming in the next year only for Bluefield to get a W. I have no idea who to pick or who wins, but it's going to be some quality football on the field with two very good and athletic teams.   I don't see this game listed on NFHS either.  I would like to be able to watch it.

Graham is going to straight out run over beaver.Just like last year. The only thing that will make it close is if Hairston can hit the corner. Between the tackles it's not happening. This might be the best graham defense in years. Graham 28 Bluefield 6.

Bluefield is a great unknown right now to me. I agree Graham’s defense is solid. Fuller at QB for Bluefield is going to be an asset from what I’ve read. I could see it being within one score. I’m not sure Graham bulldozes Beavers but I hope they pull out the win. My Bluefield friends are saying Beaver bulldozes Graham so I guess we’ll see. It’s few & far between GMen winning two in a row against Bluefield! 🤞

I think it will be a close game of course. Bluefield has always been Graham’s older brother. Over the years Graham has had the talent but seems to come out nervous and scared and make a lot of unforced errors. I sense that’s about to change though. 

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Bluefield is a great unknown right now to me. I agree Graham’s defense is solid. Fuller at QB for Bluefield is going to be an asset from what I’ve read. I could see it being within one score. I’m not sure Graham bulldozes Beavers but I hope they pull out the win. My Bluefield friends are saying Beaver bulldozes Graham so I guess we’ll see. It’s few & far between GMen winning two in a row against Bluefield! 🤞

Anyone in Bluefield know what's up with the Beavers and how they have looked in scrimmages? Man, it's like trying to get I fo from Fort Knox about gold. A tight lip has been kept by the Beaver fans. I haven't heard nothing about any of their scrimmages.

32 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Anyone in Bluefield know what's up with the Beavers and how they have looked in scrimmages? Man, it's like trying to get I fo from Fort Knox about gold. A tight lip has been kept by the Beaver fans. I haven't heard nothing about any of their scrimmages.

The only thing I’ve heard by someone who has watched them is that they are fast and like to run on the outside and do quick pass routes. They haven’t faced a defense like Grahams yet so will be interesting. 

I think the QB for Bluefield is the kid that hit 2 half court or 3/4ths court shots at the buzzer in Basketball this past season.  You don't have to know one lick about this kid's talent at QB to know the following......if it's close in the end and the ball is in his hands, bad things can happen for the opponent.  Kid's a winner and winner's don't lose easily and they often don't lose closely.  So, if Graham is going to win, they may want to win it surely and not be in a situation up 5 points with Bluefield having the football at midfield with 1 minute left, because their QB wreaks of one word.....WINNER.  (Again, this is if we are talking about the same kid that hit the shots in hoops and who is very, very clutch).

8 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but is Graham rolling bluefield a reasonable prediction? And if so, is bluefield down a bit from years past or is Graham expected to be that good?

I'm not convinced Graham is going to "roll" Bluefield. I'm starting to think some of us need to take our parent goggles off and our 4.3 speed goggles off and put our real glasses back on. 

30 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I think the QB for Bluefield is the kid that hit 2 half court or 3/4ths court shots at the buzzer in Basketball this past season.  You don't have to know one lick about this kid's talent at QB to know the following......if it's close in the end and the ball is in his hands, bad things can happen for the opponent.  Kid's a winner and winner's don't lose easily and they often don't lose closely.  So, if Graham is going to win, they may want to win it surely and not be in a situation up 5 points with Bluefield having the football at midfield with 1 minute left, because their QB wreaks of one word.....WINNER.  (Again, this is if we are talking about the same kid that hit the shots in hoops and who is very, very clutch).

It is the same kid.

20 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I haven’t heard much chatter about Beaver thus far. Can Graham come away with a repeat of last year or do Beavers dominate? What says the board? 

Graham wins by 20. Book it! Saw Bluefield scrimmage and they didn’t get in the red zone, much less score. If they can’t score against JF and LB , they are in trouble Friday. 

1 hour ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but is Graham rolling bluefield a reasonable prediction? And if so, is bluefield down a bit from years past or is Graham expected to be that good?

I’d be surprised if anyone gets rolled, probably be dogfight until the time runs out. I’m just hoping GMen pull out the W! 

Bluefield is always good and athletic. Graham will have their hands full. The difference is it's the first game of the year so both teams will show a lot of things they did not in the scrimmages. Also, mistakes and turnovers usually come into play the first week of the season. I look for it to be a battle predominantly on the ground.  Obviously I'm no Lou Holtz, I just play him on message boards. #theyputtheirpantsonsamewaywedo

I feel like if this game was played week 8 instead of week 1 Graham would win almost every time. But there is always something about that opening week that always gives Graham a problem vs Bluefield. That being said I really like a close one and a low scoring one. First "normal" Graham/Beaver game in a few years. The town of Bluefield has big plans for the entire week. I like a close one and potentially one of the greatest games in this historic rivalry.

Bluefield - 16

Graham - 14