Graham Vs Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

Just watched the first half of Tazewell and Graham and Richllands vs Union. Both games can be summed up the same.  Union and Graham far to physical and a mismatch on the line of scrimmage. Forget about penalties, miscues, busted plays, long plays, athletes, etc. All played a part, but you could take those away and in both games, from tackle to tackle, just domination, and it was clearly noticeable in both games. No need to watch the second halves. 

2 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Just watched the first half of Tazewell and Graham and Richllands vs Union. Both games can be summed up the same.  Union and Graham far to physical and a mismatch on the line of scrimmage. Forget about penalties, miscues, busted plays, long plays, athletes, etc. All played a part, but you could take those away and in both games, from tackle to tackle, just domination, and it was clearly noticeable in both games. No need to watch the second halves. 

Can Union stay with Graham?

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Can Union stay with Graham?

If Graham plays like they did last night, no doubt Union can beat us. We played very well but some of our players did not play their best game. Now with that being said, I think GMen keep improving & tweaking. I think penalties begin to taper off. This is not meant to put Tazewell down in any way but I think they made us look better than we actually performed. Our boys are doing great but there's room to get much much better. I also think Meadows is coming along as QB & our receivers need to help him out some, lol. As always, this all just my  unprofessional opinion; others can disagree. 

50 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

If Graham plays like they did last night, no doubt Union can beat us. We played very well but some of our players did not play their best game. Now with that being said, I think GMen keep improving & tweaking. I think penalties begin to taper off. This is not meant to put Tazewell down in any way but I think they made us look better than we actually performed. Our boys are doing great but there's room to get much much better. I also think Meadows is coming along as QB & our receivers need to help him out some, lol. As always, this all just my  unprofessional opinion; others can disagree. 

Strength on strength. Graham excellent at running the ball and stopping the run, Union is same exact way. Union has a better running QB while Graham has the better single running back seems like. 

Just now, Mountain Football said:

Absolutely. I'm with @Union_Fan on this. I wish we didn't play each other in the regular season. Kinda takes the edge off a playoff match up. Graham definitely has some improving to do, both offensively and defensively.. 

Same can be said about Union and the pass defense. Lotta talent just very young. 

15 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Same can be said about Union and the pass defense. Lotta talent just very young. 

Unions weakness is the secondary from what a saw last night. A team with an elite passing attack could do some damage if they don’t grow up quickly. 

36 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

You do realize you’re making fun of a name that has a deeply perjorative history that Shake Rag Forever is working tirelessly to change, right?

Serious question, so you can PM me if appropriate. Where did the name come from? I listened to Mr. Viney’s interview and figured it was derogatory, but never knew the origin. I have plenty of family from Tazewell that always called a specific section by that name, but they couldn’t explain either. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

Serious question, so you can PM me if appropriate. Where did the name come from? I listened to Mr. Viney’s interview and figured it was derogatory, but never knew the origin. I have plenty of family from Tazewell that always called a specific section by that name, but they couldn’t explain either. Thanks.

Will send a PM.

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Unions weakness is the secondary from what a saw last night. A team with an elite passing attack could do some damage if they don’t grow up quickly. 

How quickly those freshmen grow up this season will make or break Union's season. Very capable everywhere else.

13 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

You do realize you’re making fun of a name that has a deeply perjorative history that Shake Rag Forever is working tirelessly to change, right?

Obviously not... I make jokes and and sarcasm quite regularly because its hard to take things on a message board so seriously.

It was a shirt people had on and saying Shake Rag forever. If it was harmful why have shirts and sayings? 

2 hours ago, T8KNDookeez said:

Obviously not... I make jokes and and sarcasm quite regularly because its hard to take things on a message board so seriously.

It was a shirt people had on and saying Shake Rag forever. If it was harmful why have shirts and sayings? 

It's taking something that even in my time growing up was considered derogatory of that area and instead embracing it and coming together to celebrate that instead 

On 9/3/2022 at 1:15 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Me too. Didnt take long to notice LOS domination. Difference is speed. The long plays against Richlands were outside runs which turned into 50 plus yard gains or TD's. I think Union will have a hard time doing that to Graham. The Gmen havent given up 100 yards rushing after two games combined. Graham can pass alot better than Union. 

On 9/2/2022 at 9:57 PM, UVAObserver said:

Can’t gift wrap 21 points for Graham in the first 11 minutes and expect to win.  Once Tazewell found its legs, it was about what I expected: a team hoping it could score against a team knowing it would win.  You saw flashes of what could hurt Graham’s defense, but it wasn’t nearly consistent enough.  Graham is as advertised…to be the man, you have to beat the man.  Congrats, G-Men!  Might see you again at Mitchell in mid-November.

A little confused (gift wrapped)????? Tazewell had a total of 114 yards of offense. They were dominated . they executed maybe two plays all game. If Graham doesn't turn the ball over, somebody will need multiple D1 offensive players to give them trouble. They played with Glass and done well. Nobody in this region has that many athletes. 

1 hour ago, Gmen2021 said:

Me too. Didnt take long to notice LOS domination. Difference is speed. The long plays against Richlands were outside runs which turned into 50 plus yard gains or TD's. I think Union will have a hard time doing that to Graham. The Gmen havent given up 100 yards rushing after two games combined. Graham can pass alot better than Union. 

I’d say if you subtract the losses on sacks, Tazewell probably had less than 10 net yards rushing. Defense is one of our main strengths & I only see them becoming a more cohesive unit as the season progresses.