Week 3 Scores/Updates

Iceman2553

3rd OT.  Oak Hill Got the Ball first from the 20 and Princeton's defense holds them to a 4th down and 5 from the 15 yard line.  Oak Hill kicks a 32yd field goal to go up 17-14.  Princeton's turn.  Princeton takes the ball at the 20 yard line, and gets to the 5 yd line.  Then, Princeton faces a 4th and goal from the 1 yard line.  Do you kick it to tie and go to a 4th OT, or do you go for it from the 1 yd line to win the game?  If you don't get it, the game is over.  Princeton goes for it from the 1 yd line and scores.  Game Over.  Princeton with a "Walk Off" TD on a 4th and goal from the 1 in 3 OTs

Final:  Princeton 20, Oak Hill 14.  Princeton goes to 3-0 on the season.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Dude, everybody has been overhyped, but then underhyped, then evenly hyped.  Never seen a season in this area with teams this schizophrenic from week to week in a good 15 or so years.  From Glenvar to Holston to Patrick Henry to Gate City to Appomattox now 0-2 and about to be 0-3 if they lose to Lord Boty next week, to Abingdon to Richlands to Bluefield being 0-3.  Just absolute craziness in trying to get a read on these teams.  Giles included in my opinion, but I always questioned our line depth.  We don't have it and just get pushed off the ball

Giles used to have great line play. The offensive line was the thing that made them formidable. They had excellent blocking allowing for the back to get big chunks. Watching them play twice this year it is apparent the offensive line just isn't getting any push and missing key blocks. Tonight while watching them on the live stream I noticed they have athletic running backs but they arent getting the blocks they need consistently to move the ball effectively. Defensively I noticed they try to tackle high resulting in the opposing backs to keep driving. They also seem to be getting pushed off the line. My question is...Is there a strength issue that can be remedied in the weight room or are the offensive and defensive line just young? As in mainly sophomores and some juniors who need more time?

13 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Giles used to have great line play. The offensive line was the thing that made them formidable. They had excellent blocking allowing for the back to get big chunks. Watching them play twice this year it is apparent the offensive line just isn't getting any push and missing key blocks. Tonight while watching them on the live stream I noticed they have athletic running backs but they arent getting the blocks they need consistently to move the ball effectively. Defensively I noticed they try to tackle high resulting in the opposing backs to keep driving. They also seem to be getting pushed off the line. My question is...Is there a strength issue that can be remedied in the weight room or are the offensive and defensive line just young? As in mainly sophomores and some juniors who need more time?

Was at the GW-Giles game and their line looks really undersized. One guy was probably around 6'2 or 6'3 and he was noticeable taller than the rest.

9 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Small. We have a couple guys with size, but we have been incredibly small the last 5 or 5 years. Our skilled position guys are small. Lots of it just flat out.....size. We just don't have much size and have little depth. This was my worry from the last year and this one early on. 

10 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Tazewell 0

Colonial Heights 0

about 2 minutes left in 1st.

Bulldogs with 2 turnovers in the 1st quarter

Won’t be able to keep doing that & come out on top. Hopefully, Bulldogs start clicking & bring home the win.