Graham vs Union

Gridiron60

30 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Biggest near miss of that game was the barely overthrown pass for the Union receiver at the end of the first half.  That was dang huge.  That could have possibly been the difference in the outcome.  Credit Graham for getting some pressure and forcing the throw, but Graham can also credit a little bit of luck that the ball was overthrown because that kid was wide open and that would have given the Bears the likely lead going into the half.

You get 1-2 of those freebies a game gotta hit that pass.  Lack of passing game gonna send Union home once again 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Just an absolute clown take. Union, with the fumble going to take the lead, missing a wide open TD, having no kicker, etc... And you think Graham is 80% better. That's downright hilarious. I take it you weren't there watching.

take away the long TD by Clemens, Graham struggled mightily to move the ball. 

Take away the 51 yd counter, Union is shut out. A W is a W , an L is an L. 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

We could do this all day. My point was the teams were basically even. 

I think Union is a good team, very hard nosed, physical and typically has a solid game plan. At the end of day, they are all kids. They all make mistakes, make plays at critical points and execute in high leverage situations. Graham made more than Union last night, they won the game. Not sure why people cant come to grips with reality. At this point, both are very competitive teams but Graham is better so far in 2022. 

Graham ended up with 250 on the ground.  Union had over 200 on the ground. The low total yards numbers for both teams aren't surprising when you consider 2 running teams which had SOME success, but defenses that hold up in the red zone. It makes for a game of limited possessions. If someone never sees this game, Union giving up 250 on the ground is concerning for a second meeting. Most teams giving up 250 on the ground rarely win. Union will have to turn this around and buckle down and focus on it if they meet again. Union is good enough up front to do exactly that. 

Great talk on two great teams, but can't count out RV. When you have a talented team that is loaded with seniors like RV, it is going to make them very very difficult to beat in what is basically both younger football teams in Union and Graham

3 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Graham ended up with 250 on the ground.  Union had over 200 on the ground. The low total yards numbers for both teams aren't surprising when you consider 2 running teams which had SOME success, but defenses that hold up in the red zone. It makes for a game of limited possessions. If someone never sees this game, Union giving up 250 on the ground is concerning for a second meeting. Most teams giving up 250 on the ground rarely win. Union will have to turn this around and buckle down and focus on it if they meet again. Union is good enough up front to do exactly that. 

Great talk on two great teams, but can't count out RV. When you have a talented team that is loaded with seniors like RV, it is going to make them very very difficult to beat in what is basically both younger football teams in Union and Graham

12 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I think Union is a good team, very hard nosed, physical and typically has a solid game plan. At the end of day, they are all kids. They all make mistakes, make plays at critical points and execute in high leverage situations. Graham made more than Union last night, they won the game. Not sure why people cant come to grips with reality. At this point, both are very competitive teams but Graham is better so far in 2022. It's all about matchups. If is all about D1 players , Tazewell would have had more than 77 yards on Graham. Football is a team game, where strategy and game planning is worth 7-10 points. 

1 minute ago, Gmen2021 said:
  12 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I think Union is a good team, very hard nosed, physical and typically has a solid game plan. At the end of day, they are all kids. They all make mistakes, make plays at critical points and execute in high leverage situations. Graham made more than Union last night, they won the game. Not sure why people cant come to grips with reality. At this point, both are very competitive teams but Graham is better so far in 2022. It's all about matchups. If is all about D1 players , Tazewell would have had more than 77 yards on Graham. Football is a team game, where strategy and game planning is worth 7-10 points. 

Graham was better last night but nothing in that game made me think Graham was a step above. Graham was better this meeting, if they meet agwin, it could easily go other way. 

8 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

4-0 is proof in FOCUS. 

What?

I think Palmer does a great job and keeps his kids focused week in and week out. If you coach a team that has won every regular season game since 2019, you can state your opinion. The calls last night were egregious. If anyone thinks the 4th down pass interference call was legit, they haven't a clue.  

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Just an absolute clown take. Union, with the fumble going to take the lead, missing a wide open TD, having no kicker, etc... And you think Graham is 80% better. That's downright hilarious. I take it you weren't there watching.

take away the long TD by Clemens, Graham struggled mightily to move the ball. 

Absolute clown take, LOL.  It’s not like you haven’t littered this board with a whole circus full of them since you disgraced us with your presence.

Union scored the same number of points as Tazewell did.  Schematically, Union is a poor matchup for Graham, and even with Graham playing poorly…the Bears scored 8.  

Graham would beat Union at least 8 of every 10 games played.  You’re just butthurt because (1) your team lost and (2) you know you can’t prove me wrong.

17 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Cant wait for Union - RV. All about stategy. Can Union stop big plays from RV receivers? Can RV stop a time eating , physical, run offense? Again, matchups and coaching means a lot !

5 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Absolute clown take, LOL.  It’s not like you haven’t littered this board with a whole circus full of them since you disgraced us with your presence.

Union scored the same number of points as Tazewell did.  Schematically, Union is a poor matchup for Graham, and even with Graham playing poorly…the Bears scored 8.  

Graham would beat Union at least 8 of every 10 games played.  You’re just butthurt because (1) your team lost and (2) you know you can’t prove me wrong.

I'm still waiting on 1 and 10 at the Graham 10 and cant gain a yard running it up and down the field on the Gmen? Oh, I know -let's blame the play calling. 

7 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

Cant wait for Union - RV. All about stategy. Can Union stop big plays from RV receivers? Can RV stop a time eating , physical, run offense? Again, matchups and coaching means a lot !

I love matchups like this. You figure Union gets the best of RV up front with Union's OL and run game, and RV gets the edge with big passing plays against Union's secondary, but who wins MORE. 

3 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

I love matchups like this. You figure Union gets the best of RV up front with Union's OL and run game, and RV gets the edge with big passing plays against Union's secondary, but who wins MORE. 

My early take barring injuries, is Union in  a squeaker. Defense and a run game travels. 

15 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I don't need to prove you wrong, you did a fine job yourself. And remind me again, how many points did Tazwell allow?

if you honestly think Graham is that much better than Union, then no one should ever taken you seriously on any football related take. Not like Union played perfrct, far from it, and if they had a kicker there's a good chance that game goes the other way. Keep being smug just know no one, I repeat no one, thinks you're right. No one. 

11 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

I'm still waiting on 1 and 10 at the Graham 10 and cant gain a yard running it up and down the field on the Gmen? Oh, I know -let's blame the play calling. 

So throwing the ball, when it's shown they can't do it, on second and 10 was the right call?.

You Graham fans butthurt Union was able to gash your vaunted run defense up and down the field. Union lived inside the Graham 40

So throwing the ball, when it's shown they can't do it, on second and 10 was the right call?.

You Graham fans butthurt Union was able to gash your vaunted run defense up and down the field. Union lived inside the Graham 40

I second this but you better becareful you'll get banned. Especially if this board is ran like certain programs in big stone.

You scored 8 pts, same as Tazewell., Bravo. Least we forget the BS unsportsmanlike on the Graham coaches the play before to get you another 15 yds. 

Just now, Gmen2021 said:

You scored 8 pts, same as Tazewell., Bravo. Least we forget the BS unsportsmanlike on the Graham coaches the play before to get you another 15 yds. 

Lolol now whining about the officials.  And how many yards did Tazwell get? How many trips inside the 30? 

Did Tazwell have almost identical yardage? How bout a FG kicker? 

He thankful you got the W, Graham was better Friday, but pretending Graham was sooooo much better is downright hilarious. Clown shit

Lolol now whining about the officials.  And how many yards did Tazwell get? How many trips inside the 30? 

Did Tazwell have almost identical yardage? How bout a FG kicker? 

He thankful you got the W, Graham was better Friday, but pretending Graham was sooooo much better is downright hilarious. Clown shit

I think you have me confused with UVA observer, I never said much better. Just better so far in 2022. Nobody gives a S##t about yardage. Make a play when it counts, that's what matters. That's how winners play. 

4 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

I think you have me confused with UVA observer, I never said much better. Just better so far in 2022. Nobody gives a S##t about yardage. Make a play when it counts, that's what matters. That's how winners play. 

He said Graham wins 8/10 meetings  do you agree?

My take:

Graham was the better team. I made the comment that Graham’s penalties would do them in. Union stalling out deep in Graham territory hurt. 

But Palmer’s comments about the flags? Congratulations on giving Union some bulletin board material. Palmer has had how much time to address the lack of discipline? 

Control your players. 

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

He said Graham wins 8/10 meetings  do you agree?

I think 6 , seven at most. I do think playing tougher matchups early , which Graham does, prepares kids for high leverage situations, especially on the road. Remember, they are kids. 

• GMan locked this topic