Graham vs Union

Gridiron60

3 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Got hit on a blocked punt and apparently no back up 

1 minute ago, foosballer said:

Took a bad shot to the kneed during a blocked punt vs JIB. Carted off the field at the half.

I hate to hear that. Seems like every time we play one team or the other is missing a key player or two. 

Just now, Mountain Football said:

I hate to hear that. Seems like every time we play one team or the other is missing a key player or two. 

Yeah and not sure if Honeycutt is playing either that’s 2 positions with 1 injury.  That’s the bad part about a player playing both sides of ball.  Tough kid though so he may play 

19 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Blevins is definitely missed but Hughes probably had his best game ever against Tazewell last week & Isabelle had his best against Richlands. Sawyers is probably the most improved during last season & he’s had some pretty good outings this year, some better than others. I guess my point being , they are improving and will only get better from here on, Graham’s D line is about as good as they come. They were on fire Friday. I’m not saying we beat Union but if our defense plays the way it has the past two weeks, and offense keeps mixing it up; we’ve got a good chance of squeaking it out. 

Hughes did quite well against Richlands also.  Sawyers is very good too.  Isabelle is learning the role too.

8 hours ago, Gmen2021 said:

So the Gmen have given up 77 yards rushing total in 3 games and their LB's are bad? That comment is so delusional. Not sure Union has a LB that could start at Graham. I'm sure sure Coaches aopreciate the bulletin board material though. 

Most of those 77 yards on the backups in the Tazewell and Richlands game.  Also, on the injury front.  How is Floyd doing for Graham?  Does anybody know if he will be available.  Not sure how they will shift guys around, I didn't really pay attention to who came in for Graham in his absence in the last game.

16 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Most of those 77 yards on the backups in the Tazewell and Richlands game.  Also, on the injury front.  How is Floyd doing for Graham?  Does anybody know if he will be available.  Not sure how they will shift guys around, I didn't really pay attention to who came in for Graham in his absence in the last game.

Last I heard, he was out due to same ankle he hurt before but that's about 3rd hand information.

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Last I heard, he was out due to same ankle he hurt before but that's about 3rd hand information.

I hear ya.  His ankle was heavily taped during the game against Richlands before he got hurt again.  I would be surprised to see him on the field on friday.

51 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Hughes did quite well against Richlands also.  Sawyers is very good too.  Isabelle is learning the role too.

Hughes at DE had the first sack of the game and assisted in several more. He has played extremely well the last two games. Isabel is still learning. Saw where he had 1 1/2 tackles against Richlands but not sure just the stat I saw. Meadows is a good LB 

3 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Have seen Union only once and Honeycutt is outstanding on both sides of ball, but Satterfield is more than capable of toting the rock 25 times and performing well. Sounds to me like defensively his loss will hurt more as it relates to playing Graham, could be wrong though.

Yeah big loss on D for sure but Honeycutt is impossible to replace in backfield with his speed and experience.  Satterfield is very capable but he’s been outstanding as a lead blocker for the other backs 

I think this is anybody's game. Graham is more dynamic on offense, but has been inconsistent. Union has been consistent, but not dynamic. Both have good run D's. Bears probably have the single biggest weakness in their youthful DBs.

If Honeycutt is unable to play this week, it will be a huge, but not insurmountable hit in the run game. The loss of Harmon could definitely swing a tight game. I'm willing to bet that Union starts the game in one of their more open offensive sets, but end up going to the T and pounding Chandler up the middle. I also don't see them being too aggressive on D, but taking a more containment approach with possibly a spy designated to watch the QB on pass plays and follow Clements on anything that looks like a run.

Above all else, I'm looking forward to seeing how well we run the ball. I expect to see some big plays given up by our youthful DBs although they are coming along nicely, and at some point during the season, will hold their own.

2 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Just drove by Graham High School.  The band was out practicing in the rain.  The football team was nowhere in sight.  Not a good sign....

I sure hope they were inside watching film.

Tough band though.

I'll say one thing about Graham's band. There may not be 100 of them, but they sure are loud.

33 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Just drove by Graham High School.  The band was out practicing in the rain.  The football team was nowhere in sight.  Not a good sign....

Tough band though.

They usually lift weights and watch film and then the rest of the week they do long practices 

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Tough band though.

I drove by too & it appeared cross country was also practicing along with band. The football team was out too but there was a break in the rain. They probably watched film first. I'm sure the coaches aren't taking this game lightly. 

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I'll say one thing about Graham's band. There may not be 100 of them, but they sure are loud.

Didn't I read in the paper where Graham has a new band director or something like that and the Graham Band direction is about to have a bigtime uptick in numbers over the next few years?  I think the BDT or somebody wrote that.  I don't know much about bands other than the kids that participate in them are outstanding individuals and I'm grateful for them just like the players, but Graham hired some kind of a new director that has some serious credentials if I'm not mistaken.

2 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Didn't I read in the paper where Graham has a new band director or something like that and the Graham Band direction is about to have a bigtime uptick in numbers over the next few years?  I think the BDT or somebody wrote that.  I don't know much about bands other than the kids that participate in them are outstanding individuals and I'm grateful for them just like the players, but Graham hired some kind of a new director that has some serious credentials if I'm not mistaken.

I don't know anything about their band director, but I do like a good HS band playing on Friday nights.

7 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Dr. Carl Hess, very impressive resumè. He's originally from SWVA, a graduate of Graham. Most recently,  director of the Moravian College Marching Band. 

• GMan locked this topic