Graham vs Union

Gridiron60

19 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Funny to hear about the refs because the Union people thought they road down on the Graham bus. Haha 

When both teams complain, it must mean they really sucked or they were actually fair.

The official on Graham's side will need rotator cuff surgery after last night. My man threw more flags in one night than he'll throw all year. Was the delay in the 2nd half because the back judge was held up in the bathroom TK8NDookeez? I have a feeling he got into the hotdogs on the visitors side. I was just ready for the game to end and go home. I believe the officials were getting paid by the hour.

31 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Funny to hear about the refs because the Union people thought they road down on the Graham bus. Haha 

When both teams complain, it must mean they really sucked or they were actually fair.

They were less than stellar officiants. With that said, Turner & Palmer need to have a “Come to Jesus Meeting” as the saying goes with the whole team and some particular players especially. Both teams guilty & both got away with some stuff. I won’t defend Graham by simply blaming refs or Union. Graham’s play & behavior is on them. I love our team, our coaches but last night was not our best showing in many ways. Be better GMen! Be better! 

11 hours ago, BigWinners said:

If they play 10 times, they split 5-5

I’d say Union would be lucky to win 2 of 10.  Graham played its worst game of the year, in a difficult environment, against a quality team, and still won by 2 scores.

Said it all along, I think Ridgeview’s the bigger threat to them.

14 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I’d say Union would be lucky to win 2 of 10.  Graham played its worst game of the year, in a difficult environment, against a quality team, and still won by 2 scores.

lolol then you clearly don't know shit about football. Union played a terrible game too. How many trips inside the 30 and zero points? Four. You're a homer so I don't take what you say to mean anything anyway, but what was the yardage difference? Only a clown would make that statement. 

Just watched this on NFHS.  Union with 43 total yards in the second half and the real kicker here from watching NFHS, Union had Negative as in -18 total yds in the 4th qtr.  That was the difference in the game.  Close game as everyone thought it would be in two closely matched teams, but.....in my opinion, they aren't even.  They are very close, but they aren't even.  Graham is 7 points better In My Opinion which is certainly within the margin of error for Union to be able to win if the two play again.  

Both teams are good enough on the line of scrimmage and defensively to win a state title in my opinion when you consider Class 2 is not as strong across the board this year.  

17 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Just an absolute clown take. Union, with the fumble going to take the lead, missing a wide open TD, having no kicker, etc... And you think Graham is 80% better. That's downright hilarious. I take it you weren't there watching.

take away the long TD by Clemens, Graham struggled mightily to move the ball. 

1 minute ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Here's what I got from a RV fan who went.  

Total Yards in first half

Graham 145.  Union 172

Total Yards in second half

Graham 103  Union 43

4th Quarter Total Yards- Graham 31, Union -18

Total Yards for Game- Graham 246, Union 216

Bc Union had to pass and Graham could tee off on QB. 

2 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Here's what I got from a RV fan who went.  

Total Yards in first half

Graham 145.  Union 172

Total Yards in second half

Graham 103  Union 43

4th Quarter Total Yards- Graham 31, Union -18

Total Yards for Game- Graham 246, Union 216

I can’t see Union only with 172 in first half every drive they moved the ball down field except one 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

Just an absolute clown take. Union, with the fumble going to take the lead, missing a wide open TD, having no kicker, etc... And you think Graham is 80% better. That's downright hilarious. I take it you weren't there watching.

If you take away the one long run by Honeycutt, Union doesn’t score.

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Missed 2 TDS passing actually the one before half and another in second half when he had a back open and threw such a bad pass he dove to catch it for a -1 yard loss 

13 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

lolol then you clearly don't know shit about football. Union played a terrible game too. How many trips inside the 30 and zero points? Four. You're a homer so I don't take what you say to mean anything anyway, but what was the yardage difference? Only a clown would make that statement. 

He’s a Tazewell fan now

8 minutes ago, Gfan said:

If you take away the one long run by Honeycutt, Union doesn’t score.

No argument, but Union has the ball inside the 20 four times and got zero points.  Anyone who think Graham is head and shoulders above is a clown. 

1 hour ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Just my $.02.. I think priority should be on taking care of the penalties a team did have rather than just saying “well.. they did it too!”

Did you not comprehend the words typed on the screen? Graham was guilty and they need to do better but if it is a holding call for one team should it not be for the other? 

If you're watching basketball and its a hack on one end of the floor and not the other, I bet you're pissed too.

I agree 100% with  clean up you own mistakes

Guys, you can't take away plays from athletes like Hunnicutt's run or Clements.  That's part of the game man.  Same for Roberts with several caused loss of yds behind the LOS.  That's the danger with athletes  It can be 3rd and 18 and your defense is playing lights out, and then boom, 70 yd touchdown.  See the Miami teams of the 80's.  Same on defense where you get a D1 kid, you are moving the ball pretty good, and then the talent forces a 2nd and 17 or 3rd and 13 due to some crazy athletic play where he hits a kid in the backfield.  That's all part of the game.

There were great players on the field last night with evenly matched lines in my opinion.  If you could boil it down to one key difference that was the slight separator.  It would be Roberts for Graham on Defense and Clements.   When you have a D1 kid like that at the Class 2 level and a kid like Clements who is obviously going to start getting looks for D2/D3 schools, it can make that 7 or so point difference in what is basically an even matchup at 20 of the 22 positions on the field, but those 2 can make up that 7 pt difference.  It's the same thing when Union had Mitchell, the stud in the NFL or when Graham had Bradshaw.

3 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Guys, you can't take away plays from athletes like Hunnicutt's run or Clements.  That's part of the game man.  Same for Roberts with several caused loss of yds behind the LOS.  That's the danger with athletes  It can be 3rd and 18 and your defense is playing lights out, and then boom, 70 yd touchdown.  See the Miami teams of the 80's.  Same on defense where you get a D1 kid, you are moving the ball pretty good, and then the talent forces a 2nd and 17 or 3rd and 13 due to some crazy athletic play where he hits a kid in the backfield.  That's all part of the game.

There were great players on the field last night with evenly matched lines in my opinion.  If you could boil it down to one key difference that was the slight separator.  It would be Roberts for Graham on Defense and Clements.   When you have a D1 kid like that at the Class 2 level and a kid like Clements who is obviously going to start getting looks for D2/D3 schools, it can make that 7 or so point difference in what is basically an even matchup at 20 of the 22 positions on the field, but those 2 can make up that 7 pt difference.  It's the same thing when Union had Mitchell, the stud in the NFL or when Graham had Bradshaw.

Union will end up with some D1 looks, the youngsters at DB, Sneed maybe, Chandler, etc. 

4 minutes ago, T8KNDookeez said:

Did you not comprehend the words typed on the screen? Graham was guilty and they need to do better but if it is a holding call for one team should it not be for the other? 

If you're watching basketball and its a hack on one end of the floor and not the other, I bet you're pissed too.

I agree 100% with  clean up you own mistakes

I thought he was replying to Tony’s comments in the newspaper. He implied Union should’ve been called for many more holding calls than they were 

Just now, BigWinners said:

Union will end up with some D1 looks, the youngsters at DB, Sneed maybe, Chandler, etc. 

That Chandler kid is a stud.  Kid just all over the field and he's pretty vicious.  I'm impressed with that Hunnicutt kid.  He isn't D1, but he's a baller.  If you get 4 or 5 of him, you get titles.  I've seen him enough on the hoops court to know he's a baller and he's a winner.  Hunnicutt is so similar to me to the kids we had so many of at Giles over the years.  You are just going to have to take a baseball bat to defeat a kid like that, and even the bat doesn't work because they ain't quiting and they ain't losin.

Just now, EH31 said:

I thought he was replying to Tony’s comments in the newspaper. He implied Union should’ve been called for many more holding calls than they were 

If so, my mistake, I jumped the gun. 

Message board banter will sometimes cause that to happen. 🤐

4 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Union ran inside, Graham ran outside. Much easier to call holding on the edges. Palmer needs to focus on his team and not make silly comments like that. 

Biggest near miss of that game was the barely overthrown pass for the Union receiver at the end of the first half.  That was dang huge.  That could have possibly been the difference in the outcome.  Credit Graham for getting some pressure and forcing the throw, but Graham can also credit a little bit of luck that the ball was overthrown because that kid was wide open and that would have given the Bears the likely lead going into the half.

• GMan locked this topic