NFHS

Real Sasquatch

Anybody else notice that when there is no audio feed with the games on NFHS, that NFHS has some weird sound track of people talking, sounds like a kid yelling out stuff.  Not sure why I noticed this, but I keep hearing the same garbled voices on each game that I watch on there saying the same garbled things, no matter what team I'm watching and it repeats every few minutes.  Somebody please tell me that  you have noticed this and that I do not belong in the mental institution.

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Anybody else notice that when there is no audio feed with the games on NFHS, that NFHS has some weird sound track of people talking, sounds like a kid yelling out stuff.  Not sure why I noticed this, but I keep hearing the same garbled voices on each game that I watch on there saying the same garbled things, no matter what team I'm watching and it repeats every few minutes.  Somebody please tell me that  you have noticed this and that I do not belong in the mental institution.

Yes I’ve noticed and it drives me crazy! 

They started this around February due to copyright laws.  They could avoid it with a notification at the first of the broadcast but fail to do so. It also came along the same time of commercials before a broadcast.  It does make watching games after they have been played almost unwatchable. 

Broadcast replays with copyright music being played during original broadcast, during breaks for example, will get scrubbed and add in artificial crowd noise for on demand playback.  School broadcasts that avoid copyright material should be available to hear play by play when watching on demand.  (Per discussion with NFHS).  

2 hours ago, FRN said:

Broadcast replays with copyright music being played during original broadcast, during breaks for example, will get scrubbed and add in artificial crowd noise for on demand playback.  School broadcasts that avoid copyright material should be available to hear play by play when watching on demand.  (Per discussion with NFHS).  

There’s very few that won’t have copyright material in the background due to any warmup music being picked up over the broadcast. 

8 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

They started this around February due to copyright laws.  They could avoid it with a notification at the first of the broadcast but fail to do so. It also came along the same time of commercials before a broadcast.  It does make watching games after they have been played almost unwatchable. 

That's it, it happens when I watch the games that have already been played.  The kid yelling and some dude saying something garbled about a clock, good lord, I thought I was going nuts.

10 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I wish there was some way they could add the radio broadcast in with it. That’d be awesome! Yes, I’ve noticed too yeeeeeaahhhhhhh😂

Thought they were working on that originally.  Plus seems like during the COVID games I watched a couple where some schools did have that

19 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I wish there was some way they could add the radio broadcast in with it. That’d be awesome! Yes, I’ve noticed too yeeeeeaahhhhhhh😂

Some games I have watched such as Giles , Holston has the radio broadcast with it

3 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

The issue is copyright protected songs that could be overheard. There is a workaround though. Music recorded prior to 1922 is not protected, so stadiums could play early jazz or opera without consequence.  

A little 1812 Overture perhaps?

6 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Of course! We're starting to get a copyright free soundtrack together for Friday nights.

Maybe "Kill the Wabbit" for kickoffs??

I'm like Jerry Seinfeld. All my knowledge of high culture comes from Bugs Bunny Cartoons. Oh, I almost forgot one. The opening song to 2001: A Space Odyssey.