George Wythe vs Grundy

Gridiron60

GW is a very good team with a back up QB that isn’t afraid to run. I think Jollay at QB is a better passer which would be better against Grundy in my opinion. I’m not sure when he comes back though. Both are coming off losses. Who will want it more? How do you all see this one shaking out? 

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

GW is a very good team with a back up QB that isn’t afraid to run. I think Jollay at QB is a better passer which would be better against Grundy in my opinion. I’m not sure when he comes back though. Both are coming off losses. Who will want it more? How do you all see this one shaking out? 

He will be back 10-28 

12 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

How well can GW pass without Jollay?  That’s the question.  Grundy cannot defend the pass with 20 DBs on the field, but are solid in the trenches.  If it’s a ground-and-pound game, I’m taking Grundy.  If GW is competent through the air, GW takes it.

In my opinion GW isn’t nearly as effective with passing game without Jollay. He’s a much more proficient passer than Smith. Smith is probably faster & can run but he can’t pass as well as Jollay in my opinion. 

On 10/2/2022 at 9:29 AM, UVAObserver said:

How well can GW pass without Jollay?  That’s the question.  Grundy cannot defend the pass with 20 DBs on the field, but are solid in the trenches.  If it’s a ground-and-pound game, I’m taking Grundy.  If GW is competent through the air, GW takes it.

GW is a run first team we've been able to open holes every game even the ones we lost. And have had big runs each game it's an attack by committee multiple players will carry the ball. And as far as passing goes Jollay is the better of the 2 passers no doubt. But that doesn't mean Smith is capable of slinging it. Against Giles he dropped some dimes. Against Graham he was off a bit but Graham had something to do with that lol. And Smith like Jollay will take off on you and you better hope you have speed to contain them if they do. 

In short to me GW has a big speed advantage in this game and should have a pretty solid line play advantage imo. Colton Green is a man and will get in the backfield on D and the other linemen aren't slouches they get after it. Grundy is a gonna pound the rock at you all night and GW is built well to deal with that unless we're trying to tackle Graham's RB haha that kid is a cheat code. But if I'm honest I could see a trap game here GW should be favorites here so hopefully we do not look past Grundy if we do best case will be another RR game. If GW comes out and plays the way we can GW by several tds. So I'm gonna go GW-41 Grundy-15 

15 minutes ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

All seriousness did something happen to them 

In the second half of last week’s game the home side’s lights on the field house end of the field blew out.

Someone else said after the game another set at the 50 yard line blew as well but I don’t know if that’s 100% correct or not. 

10 hours ago, 02GW12 said:

GW is a run first team we've been able to open holes every game even the ones we lost. And have had big runs each game it's an attack by committee multiple players will carry the ball. And as far as passing goes Jollay is the better of the 2 passers no doubt. But that doesn't mean Smith is capable of slinging it. Against Giles he dropped some dimes. Against Graham he was off a bit but Graham had something to do with that lol. And Smith like Jollay will take off on you and you better hope you have speed to contain them if they do. 

In short to me GW has a big speed advantage in this game and should have a pretty solid line play advantage imo. Colton Green is a man and will get in the backfield on D and the other linemen aren't slouches they get after it. Grundy is a gonna pound the rock at you all night and GW is built well to deal with that unless we're trying to tackle Graham's RB haha that kid is a cheat code. But if I'm honest I could see a trap game here GW should be favorites here so hopefully we do not look past Grundy if we do best case will be another RR game. If GW comes out and plays the way we can GW by several tds. So I'm gonna go GW-41 Grundy-15 

George Wythe has not held up well to a team that pounds the ball in the past. They have struggled against Galax every year. I think the game to watch will be GW and Grayson as they mirror each other . Both like to throw and try to catch you with quick hitters. 

8 hours ago, Topper22 said:

George Wythe has not held up well to a team that pounds the ball in the past. They have struggled against Galax every year. I think the game to watch will be GW and Grayson as they mirror each other . Both like to throw and try to catch you with quick hitters. 

That is true in the past few seasons we have definitely struggled with pound the rock teams. I think this year's team is much improved in that area we have some studs up front on both sides. We're not as big up front as we normally are but they get after it and are quick. So we shall see Friday if GW can slow Grundys run game down I think we can but we'll see. And yes the GW vs Grayson game has me very interested I think that will tell us alot of what we need to know about both teams.

1 hour ago, Austrian Ben Shapiro said:

Grundy looked like a regional contender/favorite tonight knocking off GW, they controlled this game throughout.

They could make some noise in the semi finals as well. They just thumped what most thought was the favorite to win Region C