Pulaski vs Graham (Thursday)

Gridiron60

The GMen stepped up last night. They will still be missing two key players, Meadows at QB/LB is still not released to play. Graham will have to manage offense without their best RB.

Pulaski & Graham are both heavy run teams. This could be a classic ground & pound game. I can't see Pulaski not figuring out how to plug the holes unlike VA High. I also think Pulaski is improved over last year. Graham has also proved they can adjust and have other options on offense. Defense is just plain nasty. How is Pulaski on LOS? 

Thoughts? 

7 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

The GMen stepped up last night. They will still be missing two key players, Meadows at QB/LB is still not released to play. Graham will have to manage offense without their best RB.

Pulaski & Graham are both heavy run teams. This could be a classic ground & pound game. I can't see Pulaski not figuring out how to plug the holes unlike VA High. I also think Pulaski is improved over last year. Graham has also proved they can adjust and have other options on offense. Defense is just plain nasty. How is Pulaski on 

Vhigh had 11 kids within 4 yards of LOS and still couldn't stop it. Not sure what Pulaski is going to do differently. 

3 hours ago, BBHoops_18 said:

They do

Yes, they absolutely do.  At least the lineplay of Pulaski is much better.  PC is big and strong on the line of scrimmage and have a good power run game.  It absoluely should be a "slobber knocker".  PC will be a little more versatile on offense then Graham this week, but I still like Graham by 7.  I think the defense gets enough stops to win it.

Pulaski seems much improved overall & offense definitely seems better than last year. Hopefully, Graham’s defense makes enough stops to give the GMen the win & our offense can put enough points on the board. It will be a hard fought game on both sides of the ball in my opinion. I have full confidence in our coaching staff to get the team prepared. The team showed grit & determination in trying circumstances and I think they’ll do the same this week and squeak out the win. 

5 hours ago, Hokie Bound said:

I've seen Graham play once this year. Strong,fast,athletic, and physical. What impresses me about Graham is they fully expect to win going into games. They are a confident group and I see them making another deep run into the playoffs with an excellent shot to win it all.

I don’t know how deep they go, one game at a time but they certainly have the right mindset. I credit the coaching staff instilling that expecting to win mentality. Two teams with equal talent can have two totally different seasons if they’re not confident and thinking they can win every game they play. If a good team goes into a game thinking they’ll lose, you can bet they probably will. It separates winning culture programs from mediocre programs. The GMen are strong, physical, fast, & a good group of athletes and are having a very good season thus far. Wishing them a great game against Pulaski! 

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Pulaski is different on the LOS compared to VH. Graham wins imo, but will face far tougher resistance on the ground up front than what VH proposed.

Does anyone know how long the Graham RB is out for? Will he be back?

He will not be back until next week. 

11 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I’ll take Pulaski + 21.5! 

Agree.  If Graham wins by more then 7 to 10 points, I would be surprised.  I wouldn't be surprised to see PC win by 7 or 10 either.  PC has good numbers, a good power run game and very good line play, they match up well with Graham.   If Graham wins by more then 3 scores, they will make a believer out of me.  Graham has a little more speed, even without Clements, but PC will have the option to pass when needed.  Interesting matchup for sure.

PC may come out of Bluefield with a sweep of the two Bluefield teams.  They are a good ball team.

If PC beats Graham, then the G-men will need to pull for the Beavers to beat Ridgeview, which is also very possible.

25 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Rarely ever do I root against Graham but I’m taking my former hometown team in this one. Go Cougars! 

It’s okay, we don’t mind as long as your team doesn’t win 😂😂! Root away! 😂

11 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I still think Graham wins by 7-10 😞

I was just picking at you in good natured fun but I certainly hope you’re right with that prediction. On a side note, any word on how Dixon is doing? I hope his health issues are better. Heck of a coach, I hated he couldn’t stay coaching. It seems coaching staff is doing pretty well this season though even without him at the helm.