Question for Graham fans.

Real Sasquatch

14 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

If it means commuting over Grapefield, that's a hard no 😂

You got that right.  I made that mistake a couple weeks back. I used to get car sick when riding in the back seat....as I have gotten older, I now get car sick in the front seat..

28 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Travel that road everyday and no problems here. But those players that live there or down the road from here to Rocky Gap, its a short trip 

It’s 55 MPH the whole way, and once you get about 2 miles out of Rocky Gap, it’s flat and straight.  Might be a matter of 1-2 minutes closer to Graham, but negligible in the long run.  

14 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

It’s 55 MPH the whole way, and once you get about 2 miles out of Rocky Gap, it’s flat and straight.  Might be a matter of 1-2 minutes closer to Graham, but negligible in the long run.  

Clearfork is fine. Grapefield not so much, lol. 

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Clearfork is fine. Grapefield not so much, lol. 

Agree.  I don't have much of a problem going from Rocky Gap to Tazewell up Clearfork.  I decided to take Grapefield a couple weeks back and regret it.  I know it's not the back of the dragon, but it's enough to make me feel sick to my stomach.

6 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Agree.  I don't have much of a problem going from Rocky Gap to Tazewell up Clearfork.  I decided to take Grapefield a couple weeks back and regret it.  I know it's not the back of the dragon, but it's enough to make me feel sick to my stomach.

5 min quicker so can't even think of not going that way haha

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

He & another player transferred right after the Bland program folded. He's been on team for several weeks now. Family relocated to Bluefield is my understanding from Bastian. The real question is if Bland has a team next year, do the two go back? 

Why would they go back?

5 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Why would they go back?

I wouldn't think they would but stranger things gave happened. I know their coach from Bland has been attending the Graham games to support them. He's a Graham guy himself I believe. 

17 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I wouldn't think they would but stranger things gave happened. I know their coach from Bland has been attending the Graham games to support them. He's a Graham guy himself I believe. 

You never know I guess and no disrespect to Bland. They're obviously a very small school but I think they've got a taste of winning and how things are done at a bigger program and don't want to leave now.

4 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

You never know I guess and no disrespect to Bland. They're obviously a very small school but I think they've got a taste of winning and how things are done at a bigger program and don't want to leave now.

I agree. It would be hard to go back to a program struggling to stay afloat much less a not having a winning record in years. Winning isn't everything but we can all agree that it's more fun than losing especially losing a lot. 

34 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Queue UVA observer 

Obvious troll is obvious, but not a shocker that his “Hard Hitter” account has been drinking the Graham Kool-Aid for weeks.  I’ll say this, if I were a 17-year-old athlete, I’d be mortified if someone repping my name was acting a-fool like that.

2 hours ago, redtiger said:

FROM Union to other schools you're probably right, but TO Union HAHAHA they've got 5 on this years team!

No, no, no! Those aren't transfers. They're refugees in search of a better life. Union graciously opened their borders so they might have a comfortable and safe space to play the game they love.

Anybody buy that??😂

58 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

No, no, no! Those aren't transfers. They're refugees in search of a better life. Union graciously opened their borders so they might have a comfortable and safe space to play the game they love.

Anybody buy that??😂

Its all about what's best for the kids and apparently accepting them from Eastern Lee and Scott Counties is what's best for them

13 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Obvious troll is obvious, but not a shocker that his “Hard Hitter” account has been drinking the Graham Kool-Aid for weeks.  I’ll say this, if I were a 17-year-old athlete, I’d be mortified if someone repping my name was acting a-fool like that.

We are from graham so….. the senior class are the the kids my sons  grew up and played with until we moved! You do a good enough job acting a fool on your own! 

7 hours ago, redtiger said:

FROM Union to other schools you're probably right, but TO Union HAHAHA they've got 5 on this years team!

I only know of satterfield who’s playing and Huff but he’s been here since 7th grade and his dad went to Appy 

14 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Lol you would be more mortified if you had to attempt athletics.

1 hour ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

We are from graham so….. the senior class are the the kids my sons  grew up and played with until we moved! You do a good enough job acting a fool on your own! 

So you have one account for supporting George Wythe and another account for supporting Graham?  That's weird.

8 minutes ago, Buffy Miller said:

Lol you would be more mortified if you had to attempt athletics.

Well, make that 3 accounts.  Which school does this one support?

• GMan locked this topic