Thursday
High = 59*
Low = 50*
40% chance of rain

Friday
High = 60*
Low = 42*
60% chance of rain

This move has to be related to something other than weather. Veterans Day maybe?

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Play them sat not thur...if you're too soft to stand in cold stay home....geez

I agree. Cold should play Zero factor. Same thing for rain in my opinion.  I actually think they should be played Friday night. If no lightening in the forecast, then play it as. Ice, lightening? That's different, but...the only thing about Thursday compared to Saturday is...... no margin for error if played on Saturday. It's the playoffs, so if somehow, someway, something happens Saturday, then that only leaves Monday with a short turnaround for a tougher opponent very soon to follow. Can't blame some teams for wanting to play Thursday instead of Saturday for THIS given week. Use Graham....they are feeling like they are winning with only 3days practice over Central (no offense Central), but they are thinking Union or GC the following week where things should be tougher. So, more prep if playing on Thursday instead of Saturday

42 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Current weather forecast for Galax.....

WeatherBug App

Thursday
High = 58*
Low = 54*
40% chance of rain

Friday
High = 61*
Low = 53*
40% chance of rain

Weather.com

Thursday
High = 58*
Low = 53*
100% chance of rain

Friday
High = 61*
Low = 46*
70% chance of rain

National Weather Service

Thursday
High = 59*
Low = 50*
40% chance of rain

Friday
High = 60*
Low = 42*
60% chance of rain

This move has to be related to something other than weather. Veterans Day maybe?

Weather channel calling for possibility of 1" during the day and 1/2" Friday night

50 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Weather channel calling for possibility of 1" during the day and 1/2" Friday night

Weather.com and The Weather Channel are the same thing!

I have posted an image twice but it keeps denying the post. Forecast suggests more rain for Friday than Thursday but during the game-time window for Thursday and Friday, they look remarkably similar. 

7 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Weather.com and The Weather Channel are the same thing!

I have posted an image twice but it keeps denying the post. Forecast suggests more rain for Friday than Thursday but during the game-time window for Thursday and Friday, they look remarkably similar. 

I'm aware they're the same I'm just posting what they're calling for instead of just percentages  and as of now they're calling for 1/4" Thursday night and 1/2" Friday night but I'm sure that will change throughout the week.

17 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

I'm aware they're the same I'm just posting what they're calling for instead of just percentages  and as of now they're calling for 1/4" Thursday night and 1/2" Friday night but I'm sure that will change throughout the week.

In looking at the extended forecast, the best chance of avoiding heavy rain is definitely Thursday, and maybe that's the thinking here. But the game-time forecast at this moment is remarkably similar regardless of which day they play the game. If the system slows, or changes course, Thursday may allow for the game to be played in dry conditions. That isn't a possibility on Friday unless something changes. But, that shouldn't matter with the turf.

Either way, it's a short work week for most of us so it doesn't matter. It's a bit more problematic for those kids who leave school at 6:30am on Friday morning for an hour-plus trip to Governor School. It is what it is, we'll deal with it and move on!

53 minutes ago, sixcat said:

In looking at the extended forecast, the best chance of avoiding heavy rain is definitely Thursday, and maybe that's the thinking here. But the game-time forecast at this moment is remarkably similar regardless of which day they play the game. If the system slows, or changes course, Thursday may allow for the game to be played in dry conditions. That isn't a possibility on Friday unless something changes. But, that shouldn't matter with the turf.

Either way, it's a short work week for most of us so it doesn't matter. It's a bit more problematic for those kids who leave school at 6:30am on Friday morning for an hour-plus trip to Governor School. It is what it is, we'll deal with it and move on!

Just to show much this forecast will change this week, now they're calling  for more rain Thursday night than they're Friday night....lol. I'd say it will go back and forth all week