first round dates and times

Real Sasquatch

Save travels going home tonight for those attending games.  It looks like the heavy rain will start around 9pm, so a 7pm kickoff gets the game in, or at least gets the majority of most games in which will end around 9ish, but folks, it's going to be dangerous traveling home for fans and teams.  For example, folks from Central-Wise will be leaving West VA in the dark and driving 2 hours going home.  Giles will be traveling home from Independence (Grayson) to Pearisburg (and hour and 1/2ish) at least with the storm's direction, but I don't know that the direction of the storm matters much, as winds in a storm seem to come from different angles.  Safe travels going home folks, and consider a hotel and minimizing risk if possible.  

55 minutes ago, Pegasus 27 said:

I remember when most fans would go watch a game in any weather.

This is why I said NFHS was a bad deal for the schools. The amount over money they get from NFHS doesn’t come close to making up the money the schools lose from people staying home and watching the games. 

18 minutes ago, EH31 said:

This is why I said NFHS was a bad deal for the schools. The amount over money they get from NFHS doesn’t come close to making up the money the schools lose from people staying home and watching the games. 

I’ve said NFHS needed to go after the 2020 spring season. I know it’s helped a lot of people watch some games. Heck, it’s saved me a time or two when work schedules haven’t lined up. But it has ruined most environments outside of big games. I don’t know any details of the money the schools get from it but I agree there is NO way it is enough to make up for ticket and concession money. 

5 hours ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Save travels going home tonight for those attending games.  It looks like the heavy rain will start around 9pm, so a 7pm kickoff gets the game in, or at least gets the majority of most games in which will end around 9ish, but folks, it's going to be dangerous traveling home for fans and teams.  For example, folks from Central-Wise will be leaving West VA in the dark and driving 2 hours going home.  Giles will be traveling home from Independence (Grayson) to Pearisburg (and hour and 1/2ish) at least with the storm's direction, but I don't know that the direction of the storm matters much, as winds in a storm seem to come from different angles.  Safe travels going home folks, and consider a hotel and minimizing risk if possible.  

We will be driving back to staunton after the Graham game.

6 hours ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

By accuweather Bluefield’s forecast is not showing any significant chance of rain till 1 am.