2022 Score Updates Week 2 Playoffs Regional Semifinals

Gridiron60

14 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I agree 100%....the way he acted he should never be leading kids again...he should have been thrown out 2-3 times...he really showed his ass tonight...nothing like his father at all

His dad couldn't be proud of his actions  Dave was a classy coach and a good and decent man.  It's really hard for me to watch this with his son.  It's actually a bit surprising how he has turned out, but I will disagree with the board a little bit.  I'm not certain he should be fired yet.  I would base it on his actions before this event that the Radford insiders would know.  Has he been a good leader?  Off field issues in the mix?  Etc.  If that's the case, then he would be gone, but at the same time, every human on this earth has a bad day.  I know I have.  Call me soft or liberal or whatever, but I'm all about second chances, but the keyword is SECOND.  If this stuff has been going on on the practice field, etc, that's a whole other ballgame if it's a pattern.  But if it's not a pattern, well, everybody can have a bad day and like Denzel Washington (who is one wise and smart man) said, "the Devil loves to come for you at your highest moment."

IF it's not a pattern and it's a one time thing for him, what if he gets called in and gets hammered and warned, but not fired, and then makes a change and turns his behavior around?  These things DO happen, but they aren't as popular.  We don't hear about them as much.  We only here of, or mostly hear of the bad outcomes.  

Crist is a scumbag who plays favorites based in parents who give money or are small town legacies. Better players have sat on sidelines last 2 years while coaches pets played. Character like his may be hidden for awhile but eventually shows itself like it did tonight. 

1 hour ago, Tigerking21 said:

I thought I seen him walking up and down the sideline with a towel on his head. #8 right?

He no D1 talent! GW Cb shut him down just think what happens when he faces real talent! 

7 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

His dad couldn't be proud of his actions  Dave was a classy coach and a good and decent man.  It's really hard for me to watch this with his son.  It's actually a bit surprising how he has turned out, but I will disagree with the board a little bit.  I'm not certain he should be fired yet.  I would base it on his actions before this event that the Radford insiders would know.  Has he been a good leader?  Off field issues in the mix?  Etc.  If that's the case, then he would be gone, but at the same time, every human on this earth has a bad day.  I know I have.  Call me soft or liberal or whatever, but I'm all about second chances, but the keyword is SECOND.  If this stuff has been going on on the practice field, etc, that's a whole other ballgame if it's a pattern.  But if it's not a pattern, well, everybody can have a bad day and like Denzel Washington (who is one wise and smart man) said, "the Devil loves to come for you at your highest moment."

IF it's not a pattern and it's a one time thing for him, what if he gets called in and gets hammered and warned, but not fired, and then makes a change and turns his behavior around?  These things DO happen, but they aren't as popular.  We don't hear about them as much.  We only here of, or mostly hear of the bad outcomes.  

I'm all about second chances to but this is a pattern.  He's been warned before and there has already been a set down.  He needs to go.  What happened out there tonight had the most diehard Raddy fans like myself feeling dirty.  Just felt dirty.  He needs replaced.  He ain't a good coach anyway even when taking away his bahavior stuff. 

1 minute ago, Fairlawncat said:

I'm all about second chances to but this is a pattern.  He's been warned before and there has already been a set down.  He needs to go.  What happened out there tonight had the most diehard Raddy fans like myself feeling dirty.  Just felt dirty.  He needs replaced.  He ain't a good coach anyway even when taking away his bahavior stuff. 

If he threw a tantrum over the hit on the QB then he is dead wrong...it was just a clean hit that nailed the QB and he fumbled

💯 % agree! Any idea what happened with Baylor tonight? Couldn’t figure out why he was on the sideline? 

• Gridiron60 changed the title to 2022 Score Updates Week 2 Playoffs Regional Semifinals
7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

💯 % agree! Any idea what happened with Baylor tonight? Couldn’t figure out why he was on the sideline? 

Behavior issues.  Through one of his temper tandrems and got into it with an assistant coach.  just a shitstorm mess man.  To have that kind of talent squandered.  Baylor and the QB have real issues.  Prioleau is different though.  He's an A-B student, well behaved, good leader and just an all around great kid, but problem with Clark the QB and Baylor.

Behavior issues.  Through one of his temper tandrems and got into it with an assistant coach.  just a shitstorm mess man.  To have that kind of talent squandered.  Baylor and the QB have real issues.  Prioleau is different though.  He's an A-B student, well behaved, good leader and just an all around great kid, but problem with Clark the QB and Baylor.

Yeah I'm impressed with Prioleau...don't seem to say a word or act like a fool on the field....Clark and Baylor act like spoiled kids on the field

On 11/18/2022 at 11:32 PM, Fairlawncat said:

30 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

I tried to warn every one about Crist when he left VA High.  It’s a fake persona, and he cares about no one but himself.  Everything I read tonight about him playing favorites, no accountability in his athletes, and discipline are very true.  I am kind of surprised to hear he showed any emotion what so ever tonight.  I don’t know what he did with a reaction, but the above comments are spot on, and definitely show pattern!!!

Bad football coach and a worse human being.  Both of which were on full display tonight. The truth never stays hidden for long...

4 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

They played for the region C championship in 91

The fall of ‘91 was my senior year at Grayson. They lost in the second round to Lebanon by a bunch after beating James River the week prior.

You only needed to win one playoff game to reach a regional championship in those days?

Hats off to Grayson.  To be the best, you got to beat the best, and Grayson is a step closer to being the best in C this year, if they can get by GW.  That's going to be tough.  GW is dam* good.  I'm still surprised by that score.  I don't say it to be disrespectful to Grayson.  I say/write out of respect for Galax in these type of games against other Class 1 schools over the years.  They just find a way.  I think it was 14-0 from what I recall by the score (I didn't watch it) and I think Galax came back and tied it in the later 4th quarter and I thought, here we go.  Typical Galax, this game is over.  Galax will win this like always, but Grayson bucked the trend.  Gotta hand it to them.

Watched that episode again.  Hats off to #52 Radford for being the adult on the field.    You represented yourself well.  Such a contrast to watch all that knowing Coach Smith was on the other sideline.  If he brings a team back to Mitchell, I’ll make the drive home to watch them.  

I'll have the updates for the Graham/Gate City game covered. It's very cold and very windy today at Mitchell Stadium. I think it may be more windy today than it was last week. Best of luck to all teams today. Safe travels to everyone as well.

18 minutes ago, -oo- said:

I'll have the updates for the Graham/Gate City game covered. It's very cold and very windy today at Mitchell Stadium. I think it may be more windy today than it was last week. Best of luck to all teams today. Safe travels to everyone as well.

Just pulled in wearing my shorts. Hopefully it isn’t too bad lol 

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

The fall of ‘91 was my senior year at Grayson. They lost in the second round to Lebanon by a bunch after beating James River the week prior.

You only needed to win one playoff game to reach a regional championship in those days?

Correct, they only took four teams per region back then. The  three district champions and the next highest point team.four playoff games total including the state championship game.  We was the one seed that year. Lost to Lebanon in the region championship game 42- 28.