2022 Score Updates Week 3 Playoffs Regional Finals

Liam McPoyle

5 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Guys, I know you are going to be upset at me, but you could FEEL it in the 3rd qtr for Glenvar. Moment to Big, and success with being comfortable simply unacceptable. Its why Appo is Appo and Glenvar is Glenvar.

Spot on

CLASS 1

1B-Riverheads 42 Lunenburg Central 13 F

CLASS 2

2A-Poquoson 14 King William 7 F

2B-Central Woodstock 34 Strasburg 7 F

2C-Appomattox County 38 Glenvar 34 F

CLASS 3

3B-Brentsville District 35 Warren County 7 F

3D-Christiansburg 34 Lord Botetourt 7 F

CLASS 4

4A-Warwick 31 King's Fork 19 F

CLASS 5

5A-Green Run 50 Kempsville 8 F

5B-Maury 55 Nansemond River 7 F

5D-Stone Bridge 42 Mountain View 7 F

9 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

If Graham wins will it be the first meeting with Appomattox?  I was thinking the year you guys won state you played Radford 

No, twice that I know of recently. 

28-13 Appo at Appo

42-28 Graham at Graham

Graham did play Radford in 2018 , the year we went on to win state. 

22 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

No, twice that I know of recently. 

28-13 Appo at Appo

42-28 Graham at Graham

Graham did play Radford in 2018 , the year we went on to win state. 

Damn didn’t realize that, Union loses so early lately I usually quit paying attention after that but good luck tomorrow 

Final:  Independence 58, North Marion 19.  The Patriots from Coal City, WV, (Just south of Beckley) will play for the AA WV State Championship.

Final: James Monroe 27-7 over Wheeling Central Catholic, and the first team from the coverage area to play for a state title in football this year enters the mix, as the Mavericks will play in the Single A WV state championship game next week.  

The boys from Southern WV getting it done.  Although Indy isn't in the coverage area for swvasports, they are very close to it.

2 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Probably the most shocking score to me.

LBs "D1" rated kids arent from LB feeder schools.  Zero imagination on offense, lack skill players, no threat to pass/catch ball.  LB tries to overpower teams, when they encounter well-coached teams they are toast. They got dominated and pushed all over the field by Christiansburg OL/DL.  Games wasnt as close as the score.  Not impressed with LB nor with way program is run.

NC Single A Football Final Score

Mt Airy 35, East Randolph 17.  Mt. Airy advances to play Draughn.  Mt. Airy is a single A powerhouse in NC with a rich history, but the problem has been Tarboro who is the Salem of Single A in NC or the Pikeville equal in Kentucky at their level.  They just dominate, but.......Mt. Airy has a chance this year against Tarboro, and they certainly will have chance over the next few years with what they have in talent coming ahead.

6 hours ago, GHS89 said:

It is just really hard to displace teams that are “entrenched” in the later part of the playoffs year after year.  Teams like Appomattox and Graham.  Much of that goes to coaches that know how to prepare for the end run.  

Agreed. meanwhile teams with loys of talent but imbecile coaches like Radford, never make it past roinds where you can win on talent alone.

8 hours ago, mike hunt said:

LBs "D1" rated kids arent from LB feeder schools.  Zero imagination on offense, lack skill players, no threat to pass/catch ball.  LB tries to overpower teams, when they encounter well-coached teams they are toast. They got dominated and pushed all over the field by Christiansburg OL/DL.  Games wasnt as close as the score.  Not impressed with LB nor with way program is run.

You summed it up perfectly. Harless recruits 75% of team with promises of getting kids recruited and still cant win it all.