2022 Score Updates Week 4 Playoffs State Semifinals

Liam McPoyle

Swvagridiron and Duke, I respect the hell out of yall, but I disagree some man.  I know Central doesn't have the name recognition here in the west, and historically, not a very great program, but.......for last year and for this year, they have one of those once in a generation for that school type of bunch of seniors that is just different.  I think Graham will win also, but they are playing one heck of a football team.  Duke, I think Graham has the potential with all that talent over the next few years, but take a look at that Appo team today.  They only had 4 seniors at 22 starting positions from what I heard on the radio.  They will be tough to beat.  KW has lots in the tank coming up, and Poquoson had 2 seniors that started last week against KW and today against Central. 

3 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

I know one thing. Graham's defense isnt as good as some talk about. I suspected they weren't before this game. But Appo will have as many yards as they want on the ground in this game. Graham better keep scoring 

This did not age well

Graham fans.  Did Clements go for over 2800 today on the year and how many games did he miss this year?  I thought I read in Bristol paper where he had around 2550 coming into today and if he had near 250 today, he's close to 2800 on the season.  With a big game in the state title contest, he has a chance to go over 3,000 for a season.  Has any Graham player ever done that?  Has he already broken the Graham single season rushing record?

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

5, but really 3. The last one by Pennix in the final 1.5 minutes didn't matter as game was all but over. Another one by the fake punt in which Appo wasn't going to get that fake punt even if he completed it and it was desperation. Graham would have got good field position and I don't think Graham scored with the short field after the fake punt int, so really....Appo had 3 that truly mattered. 

The fake punt was a turnover. No one covered the outside gunner and Hass baited him into throwing him a soft throw that he picked off.Heck of a play by that kid.Palmer was running down the sideline trying to call a timeout he didn't get.Hass bailed us out on that.

3 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

I know one thing. Graham's defense isnt as good as some talk about. I suspected they weren't before this game. But Appo will have as many yards as they want on the ground in this game. Graham better keep scoring 

Appo was going to get theirs today regardless of Graham’s defense. No reasonable person thought Graham would hold Appo to zero. The defense really dialed in 2nd half and had a lot of key stops. This is the best D line Graham has had since Tony Palmer took over in my opinion. I think they’re ever bit as good as advertised! 

2 minutes ago, CPF said:

And the muffed punt

I counted zero turnovers for Graham.  That tells me concentration and focus are apart of mental toughness and preparation.  Credit Graham's coaching staff.  Turnovers are part of the game, but sometimes forgotten about or even more important, NOT turning it over is equally a part of the game.

20 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Graham fans.  Did Clements go for over 2800 today on the year and how many games did he miss this year?  I thought I read in Bristol paper where he had around 2550 coming into today and if he had near 250 today, he's close to 2800 on the season.  With a big game in the state title contest, he has a chance to go over 3,000 for a season.  Has any Graham player ever done that?  Has he already broken the Graham single season rushing record?

I don't think so.  I thought he had 1900 plus change coming in.

25 minutes ago, CPF said:

This did not age well

No, and  Appo scored 20 with a squad with two P5 players and another FBS commit. Bravo. It's time the Graham kids and coaches get a little credit. 

30 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

Graham's penalties kept 14 more points off the board today.

Graham has to clean that up in a short amount of time.

So, winning 50-20 is better than winning 36-20???

1 minute ago, GMan said:

So, winning 50-20 is better than winning 36-20???

I'm saying that needs to be addressed before next week. 14 points would have been big today had Appomattox took better care of the football.

4 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

No, and  Appo scored 20 with a squad with two P5 players and another FBS commit. Bravo. It's time the Graham kids and coaches get a little credit. 

Very true.  I was tough on Graham's offensive staff in the 4th qtr with not enough Clements in the Wildcat as Appo had no answer for it.  I was tough when Graham had 3rd and 1's, and would then switch up the offensive set and get a motion penalty when Appo had no answer for Clements in the Wildcat.  I stand by my critique, but that's 5% of it.  The other 95% tells me the adjustments made by Graham at halftime was marvelous.  They dialed it up on Appo defensively.  Graham was well prepared and think about how many times another Class 2 team in Virginia has beat Appo twice in a row?  It hasn't happened to my knowledge in many years.  Graham is now in 3 state title games in about 5 seasons.  Credit to Palmer and staff.

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Very true.  I was tough on Graham's offensive staff in the 4th qtr with not enough Clements in the Wildcat as Appo had no answer for it.  I was tough when Graham had 3rd and 1's, and would then switch up the offensive set and get a motion penalty when Appo had no answer for Clements in the Wildcat.  I stand by my critique, but that's 5% of it.  The other 95% tells me the adjustments made by Graham at halftime was marvelous.  They dialed it up on Appo defensively.  Graham was well prepared and think about how many times another Class 2 team in Virginia has beat Appo twice in a row?  It hasn't happened to my knowledge in many years.  Graham is now in 3 state title games in about 5 seasons.  Credit to Palmer and staff.

Thanks man! I understand the critique. Your opinion is usually spot on. Alot of folks on here just waiting to trash Graham because the teams they root for was eliminated. Graham's adjustment was good and has been all year. 

6 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

Thanks man! I understand the critique. Your opinion is usually spot on. Alot of folks on here just waiting to trash Graham because the teams they root for was eliminated. Graham's adjustment was good and has been all year. 

Top notch adjustments today, hats off to the Graham coaches.  

6 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

Gmen2021, Graham had a couple close one's on those deep balls today as some were very well covered and Meadows overthrew a couple.  Appo is tough to throw it deep on with their speed, but just my take.........the players for Central will not be as close to the Graham WRs when Graham runs some of those flags next week.  I think Graham will have success with the long ball on Central next week.  Central hasn't played as much speed, not used to the speed of Graham, and I think Central will load the box like they have all year in the Shenandoah Valley and if they do, Graham can and will exploit that.  Graham WILL have opportunities and WR's running open on deep balls next week.  

10 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

I don't think anyone is trashing Graham. Just pointing out things they should work on because we want them to win.

Once my team is eliminated, just like others, I always pull for the Reg D representative.