Central Woodstock vs Graham

Gridiron60

57 minutes ago, Gfan said:

I have watched 6 CW  games now. Like everyone has mentioned they have a very good line and their strength is the power run game. I actually think Graham has the athletes to match up with them man to man on the passing game. Most of their completions are more contested catches which should be more difficult against Graham’s DBs. A lot has been said about the CW and King William game being closer than the champ game last year. KW’s rb gashed them on the ground last year. Once he reached the 2nd level they couldn’t catch him. He finished the game with over 350 yards on the ground. This gives me hope that Clements can do the same.   CW seems to struggle to defend the edge at times. However the teams they have played lacked the speed to really make them pay with long runs. I have been wrong plenty but I like Graham 35-21. Should be a great game and I am looking forward to it.

If you watch the Clark County game on NFHS they were really speedy and it created a lot of issues for CW. They were actually up 14-0 at one point. That gives me optimism about getting on the edge. If Graham can get it off tackle and force central to defend them on the edge that will open up a ton of plays in the playbook. I mean I could be wrong in my thinking from watching the film but that's what I see. I noticed a lot of teams don't play press on them. Let's see if Graham loads the box to stop the run and put their corners on islands. 

14 hours ago, tornado99 said:

Excellent take. He may never get the credit he deserves, but if there was a Hall of Fame or award for assistant coach, he deserves a spot for his career. This style probably works better now with the athletes on the back end being better suited not to get beat deep.

I really don't see Snake as one who cares about personal accolades. He just loves football and coaching defense. I agree if there was a Hall of Fame for assistant coaches or DC, his career at Richlands & now Graham would make him worthy of a spot. I'd like to know his win/loss record as a DC  & playoff appearances, I bet it's pretty impressive. 

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I really don't see Snake as one who cares about personal accolades. He just loves football and coaching defense. I agree if there was a Hall of Fame for assistant coaches or DC, his career at Richlands & now Graham would make him worthy of a spot. I'd like to know his win/loss record as a DC  & playoff appearances, I bet it's pretty impressive. 

He definitely doesn’t care about personal accolades. I guess the main point is pointing out that he has been a part of the success of countless young men (and women) by helping them reach or exceed perceived potential in not one, but two communities. So far, I imagine he’s contributed to 3 state titles (hopefully 4), and 5 additional state finalists. I will never know how much he has contributed to Graham since they have a great staff around him, but I feel from observation it’s obvious his influence on the improvement of the defense since 2018. At Richlands, his influence made the whole greater than the sum of its parts.

Good luck, G-men and Coach Palmer. Since I’m not superstitious, Graham 27-CW 17.

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I bet it is very good. The kids appreciate his knowledge and efforts for sure. 

4 hours ago, tornado99 said:

He definitely doesn’t care about personal accolades. I guess the main point is pointing out that he has been a part of the success of countless young men (and women) by helping them reach or exceed perceived potential in not one, but two communities. So far, I imagine he’s contributed to 3 state titles (hopefully 4), and 5 additional state finalists. I will never know how much he has contributed to Graham since they have a great staff around him, but I feel from observation it’s obvious his influence on the improvement of the defense since 2018. At Richlands, his influence made the whole greater than the sum of its parts.

Good luck, G-men and Coach Palmer. Since I’m not superstitious, Graham 27-CW 17.

Richlands hasn't beat Graham since snake came on staff. That's a pretty good indication.

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think Tony gets credit for turning the program around and for assembling a great supporting staff that compliment each other.  

I couldn’t agree more.

Just now, CPF said:

Richlands hasn't beat Graham since snake came on staff. That's a pretty good indication.

That’s painfully true.

I wonder how conditioning and depth match up between the two teams. I think both teams will be the most physical opponent the other has faced, to my knowledge. With Graham starters seldom playing in the fourth, I can’t 100% be certain how used they are to maintaining the physicality all game against another grueling team. I know Graham rotates on the lines a lot, and if CW doesn’t have that depth (I have no idea if they do) that could be the game deciding factor. 

6 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

They seem pretty confident 

They seem very confident in their ability to beat Graham and their defense to stop the GMen. I’m not saying they do or they don’t. I would be shocked if they held Graham to 14 points. It seems the coach is completely focused on stopping Clements which is understandable but surely they’ve watched enough film to know Graham has other options on offense. They were without him for two weeks and still had great games against VA High with a fully healthy Brody Jones & Pulaski. Another surprise for me reading the article, they haven’t played in a stadium with turf this season other than a summer camp. 
I hope Graham comes in ready to play some smash mouth football and can hold their own against this Senior laden team. I also hope we can pack out the home side!!!! 🤞🤞🤞

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

They seem very confident in their ability to beat Graham and their defense to stop the GMen. I’m not saying they do or they don’t. I would be shocked if they held Graham to 14 points. It seems the coach is completely focused on stopping Clements which is understandable but surely they’ve watched enough film to know Graham has other options on offense. They were without him for two weeks and still had great games against VA High with a fully healthy Brody Jones & Pulaski. Another surprise for me reading the article, they haven’t played in a stadium with turf this season other than a summer camp. 
I hope Graham comes in ready to play some smash mouth football and can hold their own against this Senior laden team. I also hope we can pack out the home side!!!! 🤞🤞🤞

They start keying on Clements that's gonna open up some play action passes. 

I don't think winning vs VHS or PUL this season without Clements is a great big deal, just hate he didn't get the stats he would've had.  Not a lot of resistance by either team but a compliment to Graham because they've got kids stepping up all season when he and others weren't in the game.  If CW can be physical and mistake free then it'll be interesting.  If not, Graham by 3/4 scores.  Good luck to both.

Reading that article, I didn't find CW to be overly confident or anything. They are trying to be very businesslike in their approach but they gave Graham tons of respect. 

But it irked me to see a grammatical error in that article, the wrong usage in a their/they're placement. SMH. Writing has gone down the drain everywhere. 

7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I knew deep down you were a GMen fan! 😂 Seriously, those cheerleaders produce a great hype video! 

I enjoy seeing how that program has progressed over the years. I miss the battles that Giles and Graham had 2013-2018. I have nothing but respect for what Palmer and staff have done there! 

8 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Reading that article, I didn't find CW to be overly confident or anything. They are trying to be very businesslike in their approach but they gave Graham tons of respect. 

But it irked me to see a grammatical error in that article, the wrong usage in a their/they're placement. SMH. Writing has gone down the drain everywhere. 

Yeah, the their/there stuck out to me too! Doesn’t anyone have people that proof this kind of stuff before it’s published?