Coaching Changes

Tru Blue 72

On 12/12/2022 at 10:25 AM, Tru Blue 72 said:

Anyone heard of any area coaching changes coming down the line?  Does anyone foresee any changes coming?

I hear all the football experts on this board will finally be getting their chance to take the helm of their respective teams. Every team in SWVA will go undefeated when these guys take over. 🤣

8 minutes ago, generallyspeaking said:

I hear all the football experts on this board will finally be getting their chance to take the helm of their respective teams. Every team in SWVA will go undefeated when these guys take over. 🤣

You say that as if you think there aren't already coaches on this board!?!?!

Believe me, a lot of them are here in one form or another!

Most on here have some knowledge of basic concepts of football but a fair amount of individuals are without a doubt the worst daddy-ball mentality that ever was.  It's comical at times but confirms the suspicion I've had of a couple folks having parents that were related before they were married.  Shoot, most of us couldn't fill a post-it note with our knowledge.  Not even the little post-it tabs.  On the other hand, I heard that coaches in 2D are agreeing to only call TD plays on offense and Pick6's on defense so next season gonna be tough.  Good fund raiser, sale chances on the coaches clip board, whistle, backpack (where applicable), and let the winner call the shots for a quarter, lol.

14 minutes ago, sixcat said:

You say that as if you think there aren't already coaches on this board!?!?!

Believe me, a lot of them are here in one form or another!

Oh I know they’re on here, they just tend not to speak up as much as some folks who think they know the ins and outs of every aspect of the game. I get a good chuckle out of some of the highly opinionated people on here that “know what’s best” for their team. The real coaches aren’t saying much because they don’t have to. 

32 minutes ago, generallyspeaking said:

Oh I know they’re on here, they just tend not to speak up as much as some folks who think they know the ins and outs of every aspect of the game. I get a good chuckle out of some of the highly opinionated people on here that “know what’s best” for their team. The real coaches aren’t saying much because they don’t have to. 

I think you'd be surprised. 

4 hours ago, land_rider said:

Time for a change in Richlands 

I think Richlands needs consistency rather than more changes but that's an outsiders' perspective. I also think the same is true of Fort Chiswell. They need to find someone who will stay & build the program. 

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think Richlands needs consistency rather than more changes but that's an outsiders' perspective. I also think the same is true of Fort Chiswell. They need to find someone who will stay & build the program. 

If they want to change coaches let them..... you guys need to change.

I don't think the Richlands HC is the problem.  I think what it comes down to is the feeder programs, (Little League).  A few years back, there were several teams in the program allowing many young and upcoming talented players to learn from their coaches.  Then along comes a couple of guys who want to be known as the best coaches in the area, and wreck the program.  They reduced the number of teams down to two, each having a multitude of players, and then, they only play a few, while the others get to watch from the sidelines.  They made the program about their coaching ability rather than a learning experience for the players.  Who wants their young child to go to practice everyday, do all that's expected, and never get into live action.  Back in the day, little league was all about learning the game, not acting like you are the Dallas Cowboys rather than the Richlands Cowboys.  Now we have very talented players walking the halls of our schools and never coming out to participate because they don't want to waste the time and energy to set on the bench, like they have been taught during their time in the feeder program.  Fix the feeder program, and in my opinion, you fix the problem.  Let the younger players play, no matter what level of talent, you are to teach them, not destroy their desire!  Who cares if you don't win the championship on that level, it's what you have taught these young minds that is the important thing, not the fact that you are the winningest coach that ever came along.  Who cares about you? It should be all about the players on the feeder program level, not the flamboyant coach on the sideline!!!!

On 12/15/2022 at 5:09 PM, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Tony Palmer leaving Graham for the Carolina Panthers job, per ESPN's Adam Schefter. Chris Akers may be returning home folks!

But I like Wilkes... lol

9 hours ago, swvaballclub said:

Is Chilhowie making a change? Northwood admin should admit they made a mistake with their current guy. He and the OC are a joke.

I’ve heard Chilhowie is not gonna make a move. They are going to let Robinson do baseball football and AD. As far as northwood goes I would have to agree with you on that one. Their defense was solid but the offense was hard to watch