Week 1 Updates

Iceman2553

Just now, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Pass it now Gmen. 2nd and 9. Bluefield is playing all run Throw the ball

That series right there for Graham might have cost them if they lose. Bkuefield had 9 in the box on 1st and 2nd down and Grahams offensive play calling was offensive. Remember that series right there. Graham's offensive staff panicked and went way to conservative. Even if Graham wins, that's not a good take for Grahams offensive staff.

Just now, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

That series right there for Graham might have cost them if they lose. Bkuefield had 9 in the box on 1st and 2nd down and Grahams offensive play calling was offensive. Remember that series right there. Graham's offensive staff panicked and went way to conservative. Even if Graham wins, that's not a good take for Grahams offensive staff.

And just like that, the best call of the night happens by Palmer with the QB keeper.

2 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Calling my shot now boys. Looks like Graham will win with that run as long as they dont do something stupid. Graham and Bluefield will both be state chanpions this year. Just stupid physical lineplay on both sides of ball. 

Only my opinions. 

They are the best two teams west of I-77.  That’s as far as I’d go now.  Class 2 has some good teams in va,  But I’ll say Graham is the favorite.  

6 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

They are the best two teams west of I-77.  That’s as far as I’d go now.  Class 2 has some good teams in va,  But I’ll say Graham is the favorite.  

Anything is possible, but I've now seen King William, Draft, Riverheads and Central. Haven't seen Appo or Poqouson. I will say this. Stuart's Draft and King William are BOTH better than Riverheads and Central in my opinion. Radford isn't physical enough. Graham will maul them if they play. 

My preseason early August pick to play for state was Graham vs Poqouson. I'm going to stick with it. Anything can happen though. Graham is beatable, but it's going to be tough for anyone to do.

13 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Calling my shot now boys. Looks like Graham will win with that run as long as they dont do something stupid. Graham and Bluefield will both be state chanpions this year. Just stupid physical lineplay on both sides of ball. 

Only my opinions. 

Long way to go with injuries being in play but healthy Graham has no worries 

23 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Only my opinions. 

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy both sides of the ball. Hopefully, Graham can clean that stuff up!

3 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Bluefield will get to see some real power football when the Spartans arrive at Mitchell later in the season…. Kidding, after what I watched tonight I think Giles would’ve been better off playing North Cross again…

LOL.  Spot on man.  Bluefield is NASTY on the line of scrimmage.  Graham is also.  

Radford looks good.  George Wythe isn't as good.  I will NEVER be fooled again by any scores that Radford and Glenvar puts up.  I watched this movie for to many years.  Is Appomattox still playing football?  If so, then I'm picking them to win that Region and will continue to pick them to win even if they are down 21-0 to a Radford or Glenvar in the region title and only 1 second is left.  Until one of those 2 beats Appomattox, I don't care if they win every game by 28 to 60 points.  I'm not picking either one over Appomattox, with Doug Smith or without Doug Smith.

3 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Radford looks good.  George Wythe isn't as good.  I will NEVER be fooled again by any scores that Radford and Glenvar puts up.  I watched this movie for to many years.  Is Appomattox still playing football?  If so, then I'm picking them to win that Region and will continue to pick them to win even if they are down 21-0 to a Radford or Glenvar in the region title and only 1 second is left.  Until one of those 2 beats Appomattox, I don't care if they win every game by 28 to 60 points.  I'm not picking either one over Appomattox, with Doug Smith or without Doug Smith.

I will agree with this. Appo has a pretty good team again but on film I think Glenvar and Radford both look better. However, in a head to head match up, I’m still taking Appo.