Graham vs Virginia High

Gridiron60

I’ll be interested to see how Graham handles things coming off the Union game. I’m not going to bash individual kids but it’s obvious some of them were not ready, mentally or physically. Being strong in the weight room hasn’t transferred onto the field for some of them. There were some kids doing what they were supposed to be doing or at least trying even though they may have been injured or banged up and kudos to them. 

Play calling inside the red zone was very lacking. If  Graham scores TDs on those two possessions instead of two missed field goals, maybe could have squeaked it out maybe not. My point being, why keep doing something that’s not working. Diversify your offense. We have talent , figure something out.

I admittedly have never coached high school football and these are just my thoughts. I could be totally off base. I think Graham beats VA High but do they clean things up and play to their potential? That’s the big question mark! I’m hopeful, it’s a yes! I have faith in our coaching staff and the boys to step up! 

2 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Graham releases a lot of frustration this game.

G-Men 84-6

Tony Palmer may lack a diversified offensive playbook but I’ve never known him to run up a score…I get you’re over exaggerating your prediction 😂😂. I do think Palmer & company start righting the ship in the VA High game. It seems every season lately Graham starts clicking about midway through the regular season. I hope this season is no exception. 

I think when Clements returns to full strength, it will make a big difference for Graham.  After Jennings fumbled, I was surprised not to see him running the ball either.  Did he get hurt?  He was playing on defense....I was hoping to see him running the ball and get a measure of redemption back after the fumble.  Without Clements at full strength and without Jennings running the ball, I think that really limited Grahams offfense.

Clements healthy gets his 120-150 maybe. Union D pretty solid, guess palmer wasn't chancing it after the fumble ignited the first half, but watching looks like 2D championship rematch in November.   Looking at VHS, who knows?  They play tough one week and not-so-tough the next.  Graham is struggling a bit but I see them rebounding and getting back on track this week.  It might not be pretty, but I think they get the win with or without Clements.  Pulaski Co is the only remaining game in question.  Losing B-Burg on the schedule might change their normal PP they've been accustomed to if they were to lose to P-Co but they would still grab the #2 spot more than likely.  PP #2-5 will be tight, again.

9 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I think when Clements returns to full strength, it will make a big difference for Graham.  After Jennings fumbled, I was surprised not to see him running the ball either.  Did he get hurt?  He was playing on defense....I was hoping to see him running the ball and get a measure of redemption back after the fumble.  Without Clements at full strength and without Jennings running the ball, I think that really limited Grahams offfense.

I believe Jennings banged up his shoulder in previous game & still wasn’t 100%. I’m not sure if that played a part or the fact he fumbled at GW & then on that first play with Union is the reason he wasn’t utilized more. 

26 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Graham may have more trouble throwing than running. Va High does have lots of athletes, but the line is still a weak spot.

Overall, I don't see the GMen having any issues with this game.

Graham has already lost Hughes and  Clements and Jennings are banged up.  Lilly is their 4th option at RB.  This could be a close ball game.  Ridgeview only beat them by 2 scores.  

23 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham has already lost Hughes and  Clements and Jennings are banged up.  Lilly is their 4th option at RB.  This could be a close ball game.  Ridgeview only beat them by 2 scores.  

I think the Ridgeview score was close because their line is a weak spot as well. I think some RV folks mentioned that previously, and the low score, plus some turnovers, reinforces those concerns.

Graham's O Line will be enough to run the ball regardless of who's in the backfield.

And I don't see the Bearcats being able to do much against the GMen D.

3 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

27 is a blowout lol

It's absolutely not a blowout (in my own mind) if Giles is on the losing end. If Giles is the 27 point winner, then it absolutely is blowout. I'm objective and neutral, like Switzerland.

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

You forget Jamel Floyd ran wild on them last year with a JV squad down there. Graham will be fine.

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I think the Ridgeview score was close because their line is a weak spot as well. I think some RV folks mentioned that previously, and the low score, plus some turnovers, reinforces those concerns.

Graham's O Line will be enough to run the ball regardless of who's in the backfield.

And I don't see the Bearcats being able to do much against the GMen D.

RV has some injuries that will be hard to overcome.  To put it in Union terms, RV lost its version of Chandler and its version of Huff or who ever you consider your deep threat.  

17 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

RV has some injuries that will be hard to overcome.  To put it in Union terms, RV lost its version of Chandler and its version of Huff or who ever you consider your deep threat.  

I read about the injury to Hackney and that he's gone for the year.

Are any other players expected to be back this season?