Week 5 Scores/Updates

BandanaVTDavis4321

Virginia is now 1-4, but they are arguably better than  their record. They've lost to PH(should have won that one), Radford (49 to 3) Ridgeview 16 to 0( they've killed everyone else) and Graham 21 to 14. I know Graham isn't as good as they were last year, but they are a still one of the better teams. So Virginia high has lost to teams with a combined 18-2 record. With a better passing game and a much easier back end of the schedule, Virginia High may go on a run.  I feel like the Bearcats may still finish 5-5 or 6-4. 

11 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

Oh My!

Lebanon goes 3 & ... safe!

Punt is a line drive into the personal protectors posterior. Bounces back and rolls about 20 yards. Toby Baker picks it up and goes, like, 40 yards for a 1st down.

3 plays later, Luke Garrett w/a 31 yd. TD catch from Reece.

Leb. 7-0, 8:16 left in 1st

Has to be one of the craziest first downs I have ever seen.

19 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Giles fans should check out Kelly Wilmore’s Facebook page.

Couldn’t imagine any other superintendent acting this unprofessional. 

Marked safe from Giles train horn…what is he 5? That’s pretty childish. A superintendent should have a little more decorum than that. 

39 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Marked safe from Giles train horn…what is he 5? That’s pretty childish. A superintendent should have a little more decorum than that. 

My thoughts exactly. You’re the face of an entire school division. Show some class!!!

5 minutes ago, sixcat said:

My thoughts exactly. You’re the face of an entire school division. Show some class!!!

Well, he is the same superintendent that whined and threatened a lawsuit if the VHSL moved Grayson to 2A. If it comes down to them & Honaker in the playoffs, Honaker will chew them up and spit them out. Then he can post , Marked safe from having to travel to Salem. 

9 hours ago, sixcat said:

My daughter just got home from Auburn. She said the Auburn administration came across the field at halftime and informed Galax they only had 13 healthy players for the second half and would not be finishing the game. 

Maybe they should consider a Bland type schedule for the next few years. 

Not gonna go dig it up to verify, but I don't think we have played Auburn since 2019. We MIGHT have gotten a game in with them during the spring season of 2021

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Well, he is the same superintendent that whined and threatened a lawsuit if the VHSL moved Grayson to 2A. If it comes down to them & Honaker in the playoffs, Honaker will chew them up and spit them out. Then he can post , Marked safe from having to travel to Salem. 

I will take the train horn to Honaker. Just ask Appomattox. We will travel to the west coast if needed over someone that disrespects the horn 😂

14 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

That's an upset. Loris was supposed to win that one by about 10 pts 

Loris was leading 14 to 8 with little over 3 minutes to go in the game.   Had stopped Gators on 4 downs and Lions started on their own 17.  On 1st possession Lions coughed up the ball and Gators then scored TD and XP.  Lions got down field (with the help of 2 penalties), tried a FG with 7 seconds left, bad snap.  The rain was so heavy and wind blowing the radio announcers had to rely on sideline announcer to know where ball was.  Also, the Lions were without their playmaker Tray Knox.  

53 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I will take the train horn to Honaker. Just ask Appomattox. We will travel to the west coast if needed over someone that disrespects the horn 😂

You and your pops do solid work and a first class job. I among other fans I'm sure, appreciate your work.

23 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Appreciate it buddy 

Is it weird I like you and your dad with the horn better than the horn at Union? lol

they used to go overboard with the one in BSG but they’ve gotten much better at it, I can’t complain any more. 

7 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Is it weird I like you and your dad with the horn better than the horn at Union? lol

they used to go overboard with the one in BSG but they’ve gotten much better at it, I can’t complain any more. 

We use to not be as nice with the horn back in the day lol. We would blow it constantly while the opposing team was snapping the ball. But we’ve gotten a lot better with it because the last thing we want is for the VHSL to step in and drop the ban hammer on us. 

40 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

We use to not be as nice with the horn back in the day lol. We would blow it constantly while the opposing team was snapping the ball. But we’ve gotten a lot better with it because the last thing we want is for the VHSL to step in and drop the ban hammer on us. 

I think the guys from Big Stone have done the same. They don’t go overboard and blow it right at the snap or constantly while team inn the huddle. The horn can be a great way to build atmosphere but when it’s overdone it’s hard to deal with sitting around and it gives the opposing team an excuse. 

6 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I think the guys from Big Stone have done the same. They don’t go overboard and blow it right at the snap or constantly while team inn the huddle. The horn can be a great way to build atmosphere but when it’s overdone it’s hard to deal with sitting around and it gives the opposing team an excuse. 

Appomattox claims that our horn cost them a state championship in 2013(the year Giles won state). Apparently we blew it causing them to false start which halted what they say was their game winning drive. This also was in the second round of the playoffs..That’s why they banned it from their stadium. 

This might have been posted already by Bluefield Researcher.  I didn't check back in the thread, so apologies if already posted.  A couple of Tight One's in West Virginia last night as GW and Hurricane eaked out wins by the skin of their teeth

George Washington of Charleston 98, South Charleston 7

Hurricane High 81, St. Albans 0

Of interest, Hurricane comes to Princeton, WV, in 2 weeks.  If your team isn't playing and your somewhat close to the Bluefield-Princeton area, that's one to watch if you like offense. Two top 10 AAA Schools in WV.

18 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Of interest, Hurricane comes to Princeton, WV, in 2 weeks.  If your team isn't playing and your somewhat close to the Bluefield-Princeton area, that's one to watch if you like offense. Two top 10 AAA Schools in WV.

90% of Hurricane High Women Fans have a revulsion for Tiger Men wearing blue with pink garb. Ironically, 90% of Tiger Men wearing blue with pink garb have a revulsion of those Hurricane Women Fans.

1 minute ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Looks like the Giles/Auburn game is going to happen. Word on the street is that the JV game has been cancelled so that Auburn can move them up to play Friday with all the injuries they apparently had against Galax. 

Does Auburn pass the ball any?  If they only have 11 kids, but they throw it a lot, we might be in trouble.  Hell, forget about 11, make it 10.  Do they dress 10 players, but put the ball in the air a lot?  That's enough to concern me.

24 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Does Auburn pass the ball any?  If they only have 11 kids, but they throw it a lot, we might be in trouble.  Hell, forget about 11, make it 10.  Do they dress 10 players, but put the ball in the air a lot?  That's enough to concern me.

I think they prefer the run. They have a good size kid at rb. He’s 6’1 215ish