Union vs VHS

Unchained

50 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I honestly don’t know if Radford & Appomattox meet that Radford wins. I know CalPreps has Radford winning easily but I wouldn’t bet on the outcome. 

Like to see Appo beat them but just don’t see it this year but I hope you’re right 

14 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I'm keeping my prediction of Union/Graham as the state champion. People are rightfully focused on 3 good teams in Radford, Central, and Riverheads. Keep your eyes on King William and Poqouson.

1. K. William is now running single wing and is taking people apart. Completely different team from the first 6 games and was tied with Central Woodstock with 3 minutes left in 3rd quarter and that's before they started the single wing.

2. Poqouson, might have had the most impressive game of any Class 2 team this year in a Loss to Lafayette this past weekend. They led by 10 pts with 6 minutes left in the game. 

King William changed to a single wing that deep into the season???  Kinda crazy I figured it would take months to perfect that 

I

5 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Who said anything about Richlands besides you? I think 2D is down this year and we'll soon find out

I've said this all year.  Region 2D is down this year but I've not followed the other regions enough to say 2D can't win it all.  Union has been the best team in 2D this year and I feel like they would have been the third best team last year. The individual talent is down, especially in the class of '24.  The class of '25 and '26 are shaping up to be good classes. 

6 minutes ago, V-Cats said:

I don't anticipate that we will give up 500+ rushing yards like the last time we played Union but of course the Bears will still roll in this one

Union will do enough passing to make sure that doesn't happen.

On 11/6/2023 at 9:44 AM, Duke2015 said:

King William changed to a single wing that deep into the season???  Kinda crazy I figured it would take months to perfect that 

Yep, game 7. Calpreps predicts Poquoson big over KW in A. I don't think it happens. I think Poqouson wins, but close. KW has the size, speed, and coaching to give a Reg B Central\Riverheads problems. The problem for KW is getting out of the Region. Poquoson sees speed all year on the coast and is use to playing against it.

I think Region D is down, but said this in early Sep, so is the rest of the state outside of Radford and Union.  I don't think the Woodstock or Riverheads or Graham or Appo or Ridgeview or Glenvar or Strasburg teams are as good as last year. There is parity this year and one could argue that Radford is that elite team, kind of..but Glenvar, Galax, Wytheville who Radford plays aren't as good this year. 

I like Union and Graham because of their ability to run the ball and pass it very well with athletes that can also score from anywhere on the field. Radford is still heavy pass, get the QB in space, runs it well, but runs with gimmicks. Isn't super a lining up and running straight off tackle (which is usually needed at some point in cold weather and the playoffs)but I favor Union and Graham. Central, Riverheads. Poquoson are heavy run and Poquoson with it's wing T passes as rarely as Central and Riverheads, and these 3 don't throw it efficiently enough and are kind of like older Union teams. Get them in 3rd and long and they are hurting.

Whether it's Union or Graham against likely Radford (but not a definite) in the semis, the game will be very very close. I give the edge to Union/Graham. If Union wins D and Appo sneaks up and wins C, I change my pick. I don't know if God doesn't like Union against Appo, or carma, or divine nature or whatever, but something happens to Union against Appo and I'm not picking them over Appo.

12 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Who said anything about Richlands besides you? I think 2D is down this year and we'll soon find out

No one just figured since you was talking s… I’d return the favor and agree 2d is down a bit 

The Veterans Day parade was scheduled for Saturday in Big Stone at 11. Because the game was moved to Saturday the town of Big Stone canceled the Veterans Day parade. A lot of people are understandably upset. 

2 hours ago, BearsFan88 said:

The Veterans Day parade was scheduled for Saturday in Big Stone at 11. Because the game was moved to Saturday the town of Big Stone canceled the Veterans Day parade. A lot of people are understandably upset. 

That’s awful! Nothing, not even football should supersede honoring our veterans. It’s a shame the game couldn’t have been schedule for late afternoon/evening as to not interfere with the parade. I’m guessing gate opens a couple hours before the game which would cut it close to overlapping??? If parade is not that long, still could do both I would think even without changing times. 

33 minutes ago, BearsFan88 said:

As they should be. Why can't they work it out to have both?

21 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

As they should be. Why can't they work it out to have both?

I am hearing that the parade was cancelled due to veteran's groups being committed to events elsewhere. If so, perhaps the town needs to clarify this because the timing is horrible.

16 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Why would the parade even be affected by the game that’s 3 hours later.  The parade would’ve only lasted 30 minutes 

Because everyone needs something to complain about!

There would be no logical reason a football game at 2 pm would cancel a parade at 11 am.

I understand why they are upset with the timing of it. But I was definitely not quick to jump to conclusions. 

It didn’t make sense to me that they would cancel the parade over a football game. The parade would last 30 minutes and they would have plenty of time. 

I think people need to quit jumping to conclusions. 

I understand why people are upset. People assume that they canceled the parade for the game. 

It would be better if people waited for an explanation. 

39 minutes ago, BearsFan88 said:

I think people need to quit jumping to conclusions. 

I understand why people are upset. People assume that they canceled the parade for the game. 

It would be better if people waited for an explanation. 

From what I'm seeing and hearing, the cancelling of the parade didn't have anything to do with the football game.  All this uproar could have been avoided if the person who made the post for the Town of BSG had given a reason for cancelling.