Union vs VHS

Unchained

Unions OL are proving themselves week after week. They ran off right tackles azz now for weeks then against jb the center got hurt they just shifted and kept rolling. I see these kids with rings this season.  Don't forget about 62 on defense what a beast

I didn’t think Union played as well as they could have early against Battle. It was the first cold game of the year and for whatever reason there is ALWAYS a slump during it. Union fans know exactly what I’m talking about. 

As for this game, I think unions team speed on defense and overall physicality will be way too much for the Bearcats. Has anyone heard if this will be a Friday or Saturday deal? I know union likes to keep them on Friday night but the forecast doesn’t look promising right now. 

3 hours ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I didn’t think Union played as well as they could have early against Battle. It was the first cold game of the year and for whatever reason there is ALWAYS a slump during it. Union fans know exactly what I’m talking about. 

As for this game, I think unions team speed on defense and overall physicality will be way too much for the Bearcats. Has anyone heard if this will be a Friday or Saturday deal? I know union likes to keep them on Friday night but the forecast doesn’t look promising right now. 

One of the 47 coaches told me if they win first 2 games will be Friday but I guess weather could change it to Saturday 

29 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

One of the 47 coaches told me if they win first 2 games will be Friday but I guess weather could change it to Saturday 

I just read from USN that it will be Friday at 6. Don’t really understand why 6 unless it is a typo. 

EDIT it now says 7 so must have been a typo. 

1 hour ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I just read from USN that it will be Friday at 6. Don’t really understand why 6 unless it is a typo. 

EDIT it now says 7 so must have been a typo. 

I’d prefer 6 my old ass gets cold nowadays 

Va High has several athletes on this team, and I'll not be surprised to see them score a few TDs because of that. However, Union will completely dominate the line of scrimmage.

IDK if they stick to Friday or if the weather will change any, but I don't see the Bears needing to throw a single pass.

A complete dismantling along the line of scrimmage on both O and D for Union. Can't run laterally on Union this year either. Great athleticism. With VH and its speed, the QB will have zero time to get the ball in the flats. The Bearcats are going to be better the next couple of years, but for 2023 and this game, it's going to be a running clock.  Only my opinions. I think you see Union throwing the ball very little this game and the Union running game gashing for 15 and 20 yds gains straight off tackle. Union is way to physical for VH in 2023.

3 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Va High has several athletes on this team, and I'll not be surprised to see them score a few TDs because of that. However, Union will completely dominate the line of scrimmage.

IDK if they stick to Friday or if the weather will change any, but I don't see the Bears needing to throw a single pass.

Seems like they’ve thrown more last few games than the three previous seasons 

On 11/5/2023 at 12:24 AM, Dawg pride said:

Unions OL are proving themselves week after week. They ran off right tackles azz now for weeks then against jb the center got hurt they just shifted and kept rolling. I see these kids with rings this season.  Don't forget about 62 on defense what a beast

Union aint gettin no rings this season. U can take that to the bank

46 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’d say they have a good a chance as anyone and better than most in Class 2 this year. 

Crazy year in 2A almost seems like there could be as many as 7-10 teams who can win.  I still think Graham or Radford wins though as long as they’re healthy 

16 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Crazy year in 2A almost seems like there could be as many as 7-10 teams who can win.  I still think Graham or Radford wins though as long as they’re healthy 

I honestly don’t know if Radford & Appomattox meet that Radford wins. I know CalPreps has Radford winning easily but I wouldn’t bet on the outcome. 

I'm keeping my prediction of Union/Graham as the state champion. People are rightfully focused on 3 good teams in Radford, Central, and Riverheads. Keep your eyes on King William and Poqouson.

1. K. William is now running single wing and is taking people apart. Completely different team from the first 6 games and was tied with Central Woodstock with 3 minutes left in 3rd quarter and that's before they started the single wing.

2. Poqouson, might have had the most impressive game of any Class 2 team this year in a Loss to Lafayette this past weekend. They led by 10 pts with 6 minutes left in the game.