Union Vs Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

I think this is gonna be a tough one for the dawgs, does union have a good pass coverage defense? I have never watched union play other than watching them play Richlands, and that was like watching an nfl team play a little league team! I’m hoping for the dawgs to win, but I really don’t see it, from what I’ve seen and heard union is a load to handle!

Also, If and when someone finds the day and time will they post it! 

Union has several very good athletes in the secondary but stopping the Dogs offense will occur if Union can get consistent pressure. A good QB like Creasy can beat even the best coverage if he’s given the time. 

Union should be able to score as well but Tazwell puts up points in bunches. Can’t fall behind and start panicking. 

I think Union wins big. No offense to the Dogs, but I think they are playing a possible....possible state champion next weekend. Union is a bit different than the past. They got guys in the secondary that can run right with Tazewell.  I think many watching this game are going to be surprised at how well covered Tazewell's receivers are when they go on pass routes.

2 major differences with Union this yr from years past. The first is the Union secondary and their speed and the very few big plays they give up. Also, Union's big play threat on O. Can house it from anywhere. Speed at the skilled positions is what makes the Bears of 2023 Different.....possible state title diferent.

Just my opinions. I could be wrong.

23 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Saturday at 2 pm as of now. Rain is expected Friday and Saturday, but only a 40% chance. That will change before the weekend.

My only concern with this game is either team getting caught looking ahead to Gate City next week. 😉

No win on timing of game for me. Friday or Saturday something has to be sacrificed 🤔

Wish it was 1 though so I could get back a little earlier

2 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

No win on timing of game for me. Friday or Saturday something has to be sacrificed 🤔

Wish it was 1 though so I could get back a little earlier

I'm personally not a fan of day games, but this time of year weather plays a big role. Not many people able to sit out in the cold, night air. I'm sure the travel time for Tazewell was taken into consideration too.

5 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I'm personally not a fan of day games, but this time of year weather plays a big role. Not many people able to sit out in the cold, night air. I'm sure the travel time for Tazewell was taken into consideration too.

I like the day games as it's a little warmer. As I get older freezing sucks more and more. 

Union is the coldest freaking place I've ever been to a game. Our playoff game that year I took a water bottle in and sat it on the bleacher in front of me. When I left, there was ice in it and it was slushie

If Union does not show up energetic and play ball, they will lose. Creasy is good enough to take advantage of a flat defense. With that being said, unions defense has been exceptional at getting pressure on the QB and pass coverage. I think Creasy will be running for his life more often to not. Offensively, Chandler will be the difference.

Welcome 2 Death Row. 

3 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

He may actually be worse than Michael Crist for bad decisions.

We’re about to see how Crist does-one thing for sure! Smith can out coach him but will Radford’s talent be too much. Sorry totally off topic for this thread!   

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

We’re about to see how Crist does-one thing for sure! Smith can out coach him but will Radford’s talent be too much. Sorry totally off topic for this thread!   

Radford better knock Appo out early because you don't want Crist coaching Doug Smith in a close second half.

7 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Calpreps has narrowed the gap in these 2 the last 4 weeks. It was a 23 pt win prediction for Union 4 weeks ago.

They now predict (after today's games) 35-27 Union over the Dogs. 

I don’t know how Calpreps really works but I assume the Ridgeview results have something to do with that. That’s where the computer can’t get all the details right. 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

From what I've been told, Crist has completely stayed away from the offense this year and is hands off of it. If that is true, credit Crist. Knowing what you Don't know is a part of good leadership. Fairlawn tells me this is the case with Crist this year and the offense.

17 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I like the day games as it's a little warmer. As I get older freezing sucks more and more. 

Union is the coldest freaking place I've ever been to a game. Our playoff game that year I took a water bottle in and sat it on the bleacher in front of me. When I left, there was ice in it and it was slushie

I remember that night well. If I'm not mistaken, it was 14 degrees. I had to walk around the track at halftime just so I could feel my feet again. Still the coldest I've ever been at a game.

8 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I don’t know how Calpreps really works but I assume the Ridgeview results have something to do with that. That’s where the computer can’t get all the details right. 

True UnionGuy2017. It can't account for injuries and that's it's weakness.

32 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

23 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

True UnionGuy2017. It can't account for injuries and that's it's weakness.

You all are exactly right. 
O’Quinn & Honaker are 75%+ of Ridgeview’s offense that played @ Union, but were on the bench today. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Agree.  Appo has enough talent to knock them off if Radford doesn't play smart.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

I remember that night well. If I'm not mistaken, it was 14 degrees. I had to walk around the track at halftime just so I could feel my feet again. Still the coldest I've ever been at a game.

Late November -1984 - Blacksburg. VA.  0 degrees with a wind chill of -25.  That was the coldest I have ever been at a ball game.  Close 2nd was in 2002 -2 with a wind chill around -10.

Here's my broken record talking again, if Creasy has protection, this game will be closer then expected.  If not, long night for the Dogs. I think they could have some measure of success running an unbalanced line with 77 and 52 and #6 lead blocking if Union is getting pressure on Creasy.  They have got to take the pressure off of him in big games.  The opposing teams know that the offense relies heavily on the qb and when he is out. there is a huge dropoff.

1 hour ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

If Union does not show up energetic and play ball, they will lose. Creasy is good enough to take advantage of a flat defense. With that being said, unions defense has been exceptional at getting pressure on the QB and pass coverage. I think Creasy will be running for his life more often to not. Offensively, Chandler will be the difference.

Welcome 2 Death Row. 

Yeah, they will have to get rid of it quickly against Union for sure.