Union Vs Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

Its possible for them to pull the upset if things go their way. Im not that impressed with union. They have a really good defense but that offense seems very average at best. If tazewell can match their strength on the line and also protect Creasy I think they could sneak out with a W. But theyre gonna have to be able to run the ball a little either with their backs or Creasy or work the screen game. Ive not seen tazewell do very well running in wat limited action ive seen them in. And teams seem to run on tazewell fairly easily.  Just hope its a decent game til the end

11 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Late November -1984 - Blacksburg. VA.  0 degrees with a wind chill of -25.  That was the coldest I have ever been at a ball game.  Close 2nd was in 2002 -2 with a wind chill around -10.

You win! Haha

I love my Bears, but I just don't think I could handle that!

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I'm personally not a fan of day games, but this time of year weather plays a big role. Not many people able to sit out in the cold, night air. I'm sure the travel time for Tazewell was taken into consideration too.

Was told today that the vhsl made it mandatory for the region finals to be played on Saturday so Travis changed the games to Saturday to get the kids in a routine.  Just here say so don’t quote me on it 

1 hour ago, CriticalNoise said:

That games was MISERABLLLLEEEEE!! 

Game wise it was a very good one and really enjoyable even with the loss but I think it took me all the way back to Lebanon before I got thawed out. 

Just now, stu_bean said:

Game wise it was a very good one and really enjoyable even with the loss but I think it took me all the way back to Lebanon before I got thawed out. 

I was recovering from bronchitis that night. Not the best decision to go, and I paid for it! 

2 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I was recovering from bronchitis that night. Not the best decision to go, and I paid for it! 

Some of the better reasons for it to be on Saturday. Getting older sucks and don't recover from things like use to. 

I fuss at my boy for wearing shorts on cold days like to the game last Friday night then I think back and I did the same thing back then. I was complaining about 41 degrees last week.

33 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Was told today that the vhsl made it mandatory for the region finals to be played on Saturday so Travis changed the games to Saturday to get the kids in a routine.  Just here say so don’t quote me on it 

I knew the semifinals were mandatory Saturdays and the region finals have been Saturday for several years, but assumed it was due to travel.

If that's true, good move by Travis. Routine is a must for teenagers.

20 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Here's my broken record talking again, if Creasy has protection, this game will be closer then expected.  If not, long night for the Dogs. I think they could have some measure of success running an unbalanced line with 77 and 52 and #6 lead blocking if Union is getting pressure on Creasy.  They have got to take the pressure off of him in big games.  The opposing teams know that the offense relies heavily on the qb and when he is out. there is a huge dropoff.

Games gonna come down to whether Union can put pressure on the QB imo.  I’m sure Tazewell will throw some quick slants and screens to help out the O-Line.  This game could definitely come down to the last possession 

21 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Another question that will have to be answered. Does Tazewell have the receivers to get separation against the Union DB’s and LB’s? And a big key will be Keyshawn Anderson and Keith Chandler tackling in space, which is an area where they both excel. 

Yes our secondary tackles very well in open space need to do that this week for sure 

First off Tazewell are bulldogs haven't earned the DAWG status LOL. 

But anyway it's gonna be a tit for tat in the beginning but Union will pull ahead by 3 tds easy.

Our O LINE and Defensive backs are top notch and as always don't forget our bulldozer Brent Lovell

15 minutes ago, Dawg pride said:

But anyway it's gonna be a tit for tat in the beginning but Union will pull ahead by 3 tds easy.

Our O LINE and Defensive backs are top notch and as always don't forget our bulldozer Brent Lovell

15 minutes ago, Dawg pride said:

Curious, so Tazewell hasn’t earned the “Dawg” status but you have ….. by chance did you go to the Univ of Georgia and that’s the reason you have earned it ? If so what year did you graduate from UGa ? Me ….1988  ….earned my Doctor of Pharmacy degree ….. so maybe we know each other ….. Go Dawgs …. Tazewell( yes these young men have earned it) and Univ of Georgia

Not sure why anyone wants to belittle these high school athletes  ….. these players from all the teams give 100% …..Union very well may win but the team they will face against Graham is not the same team they played earlier in the season …. Go G-Men 

20 minutes ago, Wildcat/Chanticleer said:

Curious, so Tazewell hasn’t earned the “Dawg” status but you have ….. by chance did you go to the Univ of Georgia and that’s the reason you have earned it ? If so what year did you graduate from UGa ? Me ….1988  ….earned my Doctor of Pharmacy degree ….. so maybe we know each other ….. Go Dawgs …. Tazewell( yes these young men have earned it) and Univ of Georgia

Not sure why anyone wants to belittle these high school athletes  ….. these players from all the teams give 100% …..Union very well may win but the team they will face against Graham is not the same team they played earlier in the season …. Go G-Men 

No offense here. I like the fact you have a pharmacy background, but I'm not so sure "these players from all the teams give 100%." When I was a sophomore, I didn't. I was a lazy little snot nosed prick at times and Coach Rags straightened me out thank God.  Even Marty Smith, as intense as he was/still is, Marty and me were close and he wasn't much more focused than I was when we were sophomores. Rags put a foot in his ass also and by the summer before starting junior year, different kids. 

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

When I was a sophomore, I didn't. I was a lazy little snot nosed prick at times and Coach Rags straightened me out thank God.   

Ok Party boy, you aren't lazy anymore or little or snotty nosed, but Coach Ragsdale might have come up short on the prick part

😜

46 minutes ago, Wildcat/Chanticleer said:

I’d assume he’s from Appalachia and joking it’s not that serious 

51 minutes ago, Wildcat/Chanticleer said:

I don’t think he’s belittling individual players. Maybe he just means this group hasn’t earned a district title or regional title? I mean I use the term “Dawgs” as it’s just a deviation of Bulldog when talking about Tazewell. He might just be kidding too! It’s hard to tell sometimes😂😂😂

There are definitely times when players don’t give 100% , do some always give 100% ? Sure, do others? Not always! As for Graham, they definitely aren’t the same team as they were earlier this season with that statement I 100% agree! 

18 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

No offense here. I like the fact you have a pharmacy background, but I'm not so sure "these players from all the teams give 100%." When I was a sophomore, I didn't. I was a lazy little snot nosed prick at times and Coach Rags straightened me out thank God.  Even Marty Smith, as intense as he was/still is, Marty and me were close and he wasn't much more focused than I was when we were sophomores. Rags put a foot in his ass also and by the summer before starting junior year, different kids. 

Maybe I should have said “most of the players give 100%” , I stand corrected . I have issues when we as parents , fans or want to be coaches have disparaging things to say about the other teams/players and coaches . At the end of the day this is a game that we love , it has taken my son that was a slug (I can say that ) Xbox junkie as a child and molded him into tremendous young man . Do I hope we beat Union Saturday, yes but if we don’t ,my son will still be a “Dawg”…… he’s showed that for 4 years and he and the rest of this team have earned the “Dawg” status .

4 minutes ago, Wildcat/Chanticleer said:

Maybe I should have said “most of the players give 100%” , I stand corrected . I have issues when we as parents , fans or want to be coaches have disparaging things to say about the other teams/players and coaches . At the end of the day this is a game that we love , it has taken my son that was a slug (I can say that ) Xbox junkie as a child and molded him into tremendous young man . Do I hope we beat Union Saturday, yes but if we don’t ,my son will still be a “Dawg”…… he’s showed that for 4 years and he and the rest of this team have earned the “Dawg” status .

Football has certainly molded many a boy into a man! 
Go “Dawgs”! I’d love to see two Tazewell County teams in the final! 
(And it has nothing to do with not wanting to play Union; I just think it would be neat but we both have formidable opponents to face first). 

59 minutes ago, Wildcat/Chanticleer said:

It's a joke get your panties out of a bunch bro. 

29 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Cmon. Don’t start rooting for Graham to beat us yet. Show some fight!

Union has some Tazewell fans on this thread…just scroll back 😂🤣 

Seriously, Tazewell needs to come into Bullitt Park thinking they can win! Last year against Ridgeview they got off the bus defeated. If they can give Creasy time to throw and his receivers can get open, it might just be a game! But they have to think they can do it! That’s half the battle! Will their coaches have them thinking they can? We’ll see! 

1 hour ago, Stelley said:

Honestly Tazewell deserves everything that Union can throw at them. Just seen a social media post that mocked O’Quinn for being injured. No room for stuff like that

Not asking for the call out on the post but was it a player or an adult fan?  There are those types of fans everywhere unfortunately.  I for one wanted Oquinn to be there playing so we could see the battle of QBs.  

Don't knock a whole team for one jackass person.

On another note, does anybody have an update for the player that got hurt on RV final touchdown?  That looked like a nasty injury from what we could see in the stands.