Union Vs Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

I asked my son , I don’t agree with that type of posting either . He said someone posted something like that on a some social media site called “Barstool”not sure what that is myself . He said no one knows who posted it . Doesn’t know if it was a player (doesn’t think it was) or fan . 
 As far as the player hurt , if it was the Tazewell player , it was a dislocated knee cap ,Doc Shrader put it back in place on the field but the young man has to go for follow up . 

27 minutes ago, Wildcat/Chanticleer said:

I asked my son , I don’t agree with that type of posting either . He said someone posted something like that on a some social media site called “Barstool”not sure what that is myself . He said no one knows who posted it . Doesn’t know if it was a player (doesn’t think it was) or fan . 
 As far as the player hurt , if it was the Tazewell player , it was a dislocated knee cap ,Doc Shrader put it back in place on the field but the young man has to go for follow up . 

I’m not saying it is all of the players but if you go look at the comment section you can see that some of the players thinks that it was funny (update: it appears that the post was deleted)

23 minutes ago, Wildcat/Chanticleer said:

Most schools have an account that is usually ran by a student/player but has no affiliation with the school.

13 minutes ago, Stelley said:

I’m not saying it is all of the players but if you go look at the comment section you can see that some of the players thinks that it was funny (update: it appears that the post was deleted)

Internet is forever baby! Somebody somewhere took a screenshot and it’s a bad look making fun of any player’s injury whether you’re an adult or teenager or laughing at it. But kids are stupid & do stupid stuff! I would hope no team actually takes pleasure in an opponent being hurt. 

39 minutes ago, Wildcat/Chanticleer said:

Barstool is pretty popular but they arent the most reputable out there and they have a history of offending as well.  Never been a fan of them at all.

That's the one.  Glad it wasn't anything worse than that.

22 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Who is the best passing team that Union has played so far?

Science Hill has since made changes at QB and got more of a pure passer back there. But strictly due to the talent/skill of their receivers alone, I’m going with them. 

I would agree that SH was the best team that Union has played. They're defensive speed was really impressive. Strictly going off the QB position, I can't say that we've faced a great passer except for O'Quin, but he didn't have the protection or receivers last year, so difficult to go by that. That's why we're looking forward to seeing Creasy.

I can't wait to see if our D can get pressure on him, and how our DBs cover the receivers. This has the potential to be a much different game than we've seen so far this season.

On 11/11/2023 at 9:00 PM, stu_bean said:

Some of the better reasons for it to be on Saturday. Getting older sucks and don't recover from things like use to. 

I fuss at my boy for wearing shorts on cold days like to the game last Friday night then I think back and I did the same thing back then. I was complaining about 41 degrees last week.

If it's above about 25, I'm not wearing pants haha. 

3 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Who is the best passing team that Union has played so far?

Has to be Science Hill. They had athletes that could stretch the field, but Union's pass defense held up nicely. Inside/Outside Zone seemed to be what gave them the most problems. Screen game also hurt them. 

37 minutes ago, appyvol said:

Has to be Science Hill. They had athletes that could stretch the field, but Union's pass defense held up nicely. Inside/Outside Zone seemed to be what gave them the most problems. Screen game also hurt them. 

In all fairness, Science Hill had some DUDES on the Oline. And the running back was really good. Would start for everyone over here. I thought the way Union played was a major success and really prepared them for the Graham and Tazewell and Ridgeviews of the world. 

The key is going to be for Creasy to find a way to buy some time.  Ridgeview swarmed him pretty well in the first quarter then adjustments were made.  Graham had a great defense and some wrong choice on stop go routes made things look that much worse.  Again caused by not having enough time.  I'm looking quite forward to it and will just have to wait and see.  Part I dread the most is finding somewhere to park.  I remember how much fun that was the last time down there.

On a side note I'll be quite interested to see if they fixed all the things I complained about down there, everybody says they did 🙂lol

7 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

The key is going to be for Creasy to find a way to buy some time.  Ridgeview swarmed him pretty well in the first quarter then adjustments were made.  Graham had a great defense and some wrong choice on stop go routes made things look that much worse.  Again caused by not having enough time.  I'm looking quite forward to it and will just have to wait and see.  Part I dread the most is finding somewhere to park.  I remember how much fun that was the last time down there.

On a side note I'll be quite interested to see if they fixed all the things I complained about down there, everybody says they did 🙂lol

If you get there by 12:30, you won't have any trouble with parking. Arrive after 1, and you're on your own! That's why Union people get there so early. Too lazy to walk a mile! haha

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Park on the end where the little league fields are about an hour early but stop and get your ticket at main gate because they wasn't selling tickets on that end last week

4 hours ago, stu_bean said:

The Bulldogs could have some success running, with Taylor and Alley (or Zeigler behind one or both), if they run off tackle (not just against Union) and have one lead block for the other.  I would love to see them try to run a power game behind J. Taylor and G. Beavers with Alley or Taylor lead blocking for the others.  I swear, if Creasy is getting pressured, or goes out like in the Graham game, they should abandon the pass with the backups and that wildcat stuff (they looked confused and out of kilter).  Keep it simple, line it up and play smash mouth with those 2 imposing RB's.  Heck, if nothing else, it'll keep you from getting blown out in an adverse situation, could pay off.  I really wish they would have used Alley a little more offensively this year.

15 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

The Bulldogs could have some success running, with Taylor and Alley (or Zeigler behind one or both), if they run off tackle (not just against Union) and have one lead block for the other.  I would love to see them try to run a power game behind J. Taylor and G. Beavers with Alley or Taylor lead blocking for the others.  I swear, if Creasy is getting pressured, or goes out like in the Graham game, they should abandon the pass with the backups and that wildcat stuff (they looked confused and out of kilter).  Keep it simple, line it up and play smash mouth with those 2 imposing RB's.  Heck, if nothing else, it'll keep you from getting blown out in an adverse situation, could pay off.  I really wish they would have used Alley a little more offensively this year.

The coach himself said they’d probably underutilized Alley this year ; I believe I’m remembering correctly from the article I read in Bristol paper about the Ridgeview game. He definitely had a great game Saturday! 

20 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Funny you mention Alley. Apparently, the coach agrees with you. The quote I saw in the BHC said he thought Alley was underutilized. Maybe they'll follow your advice Saturday.

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

The coach himself said they’d probably underutilized Alley this year ; I believe I’m remembering correctly from the article I read in Bristol paper about the Ridgeview game. He definitely had a great game Saturday! 

Deja vu! Haha 

25 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Funny you mention Alley. Apparently, the coach agrees with you. The quote I saw in the BHC said he thought Alley was underutilized. Maybe they'll follow your advice Saturday.

23 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Deja vu! Haha 

22 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I'll have to read that artcle.

I’m not knocking Coach Harris but isn’t your job as head coach figuring out how to best utilize all your talent? @SwvaOGhas been saying that about Ridgeview the past couple years being guilty of the same. 

1 hour ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

From what I just read Creasy is the top QB in the state amongst all classifications with 3173 yards this season. 

I’m not saying he’s a bad qb. He is just underwhelming, there have been numerous qbs this year that I’ve seen that are far more talented. Musick, Reece, O’Quinn, and Anderson I would probably put before him in a ranking.

38 minutes ago, Stelley said:

I’m not saying he’s a bad qb. He is just underwhelming, there have been numerous qbs this year that I’ve seen that are far more talented. Musick, Reece, O’Quinn, and Anderson I would probably put before him in a ranking.

Can’t speak for who’s better but I guarantee Creasy has a better game vs Union than O’Quinn had 

1 hour ago, Stelley said:

Creasy is currently 9th in career passing yards, T-10th in in career TD passes, and 6th in career pass completions in VHSL history but he's underwhelming?!?!?

giphy.gif