Union Vs Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

On 11/17/2023 at 11:40 AM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

One of those guys doing the picking named Brian Owens from what it appears.......literally went with the Calpreps picks, literally down to the score for both teams.  Dude needs to be more autonomous.  At least change the score a couple of points or something, good grief.  I like how they do these picks.  I'm telling ya man, Southwestern VA could learn so much from Northeast TN and West Virginia regarding HS football, media coverage, etc. 

I went 24-2 last week... guess going with Calpreps didn;t hurt me too much... Lol

On 11/17/2023 at 3:50 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Swvahavokfan I've read his posts on here and they are always sharp and enjoyable.  Damn it swvahokfan, put some more effort in to those picks while on the job and stop taking breaks and sliding over to swvasports while at work.  In all seriousness, if I were in swvahavokfan's position, I would do the same thing.  I know it sounds crazy, but if you take 20 or so people and have them pick football games in round 2 of the playoffs and forward, the computer is going to be more accurate in my opinion.  I can't prove that for sure, but I do believe it to be true.

To be fair, yes I do use the Calpreps score IF I agree with what Calpreps picks on the winner, but the narrative on each game is all me. There have been times this year where I have disagreed with the Calpreps pick of the winner and went on my own.

Of course, the college games, I do come up with my own scores.  Thanks for the compliments otherwise though.  

20 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

To be fair, yes I do use the Calpreps score IF I agree with what Calpreps picks on the winner, but the narrative on each game is all me. There have been times this year where I have disagreed with the Calpreps pick of the winner and went on my own.

Of course, the college games, I do come up with my own scores.  Thanks for the compliments otherwise though.  

I hear ya man.  Thanks for the work you all do down there.  I enjoy the reads.  On Calpreps with High School Games, I disagree perhaps 5, maybe 10% of the time.  That's it.  That's kind of how I feel about Calpreps.  Extremely accurate in my book.

I went back and watched the Tazewell/Union NFHS broadcast with the Tazewell Bulldog Radio commentary overlayed.

Good job gentlemen! I think you strike the right tone in-between fair, independent and homerism. It's a balancing act to support your team without being obnoxious, and you guys are right in the middle.

I appreciate the kind words for the Union players, fans and community. Glad you found everyone welcoming and easy to work with.

I also want to compliment you on your passion for the Tazewell community and the players. Union and Tazewell definitely have that in common!

6 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I went back and watched the Tazewell/Union NFHS broadcast with the Tazewell Bulldog Radio commentary overlayed.

Good job gentlemen! I think you strike the right tone in-between fair, independent and homerism. It's a balancing act to support your team without being obnoxious, and you guys are right in the middle.

I appreciate the kind words for the Union players, fans and community. Glad you found everyone welcoming and easy to work with.

I also want to compliment you on your passion for the Tazewell community and the players. Union and Tazewell definitely have that in common!

Who does the 93.5 games now cause I usually never listen except if I leave the game early???  Assumed they’d be rooting for wise co schools but they were obviously pulling for Rye Cove vs eastside 

22 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Who does the 93.5 games now cause I usually never listen except if I leave the game early???  Assumed they’d be rooting for wise co schools but they were obviously pulling for Rye Cove vs eastside 

Jacob Townsend mostly does the play by play. I think he has different people doing the color commentary.

Corey Sanchez and Adam Sturgill are also on there sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

29 minutes ago, FactChecker2022 said:

Crist will coach in a state championship game next weekend. Doesn’t your decision to make this post look bad now. 

I think Crist is basically hands off & let's his OC & DC call the shots which kudos to him, it's working! Hope they can win against the RH but it will take a lot to do that. 

1 hour ago, FactChecker2022 said:

Crist will coach in a state championship game next weekend. Doesn’t your decision to make this post look bad now. 

You should've commented on this three weeks ago until waiting to see if they could get there. You waited because you weren't sure they would get there either.🙄

18 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

You should've commented on this three weeks ago until waiting to see if they could get there. You waited because you weren't sure they would get there either.🙄

You’re right I wasn’t sure he’d get there. Not because he can’t coach but because he didn’t have the most talent. But today he had his team better prepared against a more talented team and now he’s in the state championship game. And he deserves a lot of credit for the job he’s doing!

It remains a terrible take on your part.

8 minutes ago, FactChecker2022 said:

You’re right I wasn’t sure he’d get there. Not because he can’t coach but because he didn’t have the most talent. But today he had his team better prepared against a more talented team and now he’s in the state championship game. And he deserves a lot of credit for the job he’s doing!

It remains a terrible take on your part.

After they whip the hell outta Riverheads next week, I'm looking forward to seeing Crist taking his coaching skills to a failed program and rebuilding it to a powerhouse! May I suggest Castlewood, Thomas Walker, Northwood, Bland.

33 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

After they whip the hell outta Riverheads next week, I'm looking forward to seeing Crist taking his coaching skills to a failed program and rebuilding it to a powerhouse! May I suggest Castlewood, Thomas Walker, Northwood, Bland.

When is the last time Radford won a state championship? Played in a state championship? I’ll wait while you google it.

3 minutes ago, FactChecker2022 said:

When is the last time Radford won a state championship? Played in a state championship? I’ll wait while you google it.

Radford last won the title in the early 70s with everything QB Ken Alderman. But, can't always use the history argument, because before today, Radford had not beating Graham in about 30 years.  Radford has never had a QB this game changing since Alderman 50 yrs ago who was elite for his time. What ai am getting at is....Radford has had a bunch of "firsts" this year. 

Radford can beat Riverheads. Riverheads can beat Radford, but Radford can beat Riverheads. The most shocking part of the game today or surprise was Radfords run defense. If they replicate thst next week, they have a decent chance to beat Riverheads.