Region Finals Scores and Updates.

Real Sasquatch

11 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

It was a one score game going into the 4th. Appo was weak on the line and didn't have the horses to keep up this year.

Radford is winning on the talent of the QB alone. Union and Graham will both win the LOS and both will have the speed to slow down the QB. He'll still make plays, but he won't look super human like he has in these blowout games.

He threw 3 picks against a very slow Highlander team tonight.

Dropped what should’ve been another pick in the 4th

2 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

It was a 8 point game and 4th and 17 for Radford midway thru fourth quarter if they don’t convert that it’s a different ballgame 

You’re right, they were in a fight for sure. My point was just that with Clark, if you don’t put some distance on the scoreboard he’s gonna make plays and if they’re close, they’ll snatch the W bc he’s so dang good. I think you gotta be able to have him play from behind and under pressure or he’s gonna burn ya. 

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

You’re right, they were in a fight for sure. My point was just that with Clark, if you don’t put some distance on the scoreboard he’s gonna make plays and if they’re close, they’ll snatch the W bc he’s so dang good. I think you gotta be able to have him play from behind and under pressure or he’s gonna burn ya. 

They might destroy Union or Graham I’m only going off last 2 games because that’s all I’ve seen of Radford and wasn’t impressed by either game.  Agree with you on Riverheads though they’re gonna be hard to beat.  

11 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

It was a close game but did you ever really feel Radford was losing? I didn’t but I could be the outlier. I always felt they were gonna hit a couple huge plays and Appo couldn’t do anything to match. 
tonight was different, Glenvar didn’t give them breathing room until the end and even then it bit them. 

My single biggest rationale is this: would I bet on Clark having three INTs and not being explosive and dynamic again? I won’t but that’s maybe a suckers bet. The 2D winner should have success running the ball but can they convert all their chances and not make mistakes? Both teams are super talented but both are penalty prone and Union stinks on special teams and those can be absolute season Enders this time of year. If you wanna run the ball and 2nd and 4 turns to 2nd and 14, drive over. With Clark, 2nd and 4 or 2nd and 14, doesn’t matter as much. 

maybe I’m way off, that’s entirely possible. I just think people putting too much stock in a great Glenvar showing (and not enough in the absolute domination by CCC and RHS). 

A lot of people have been waiting for Radford to implode all season, but with their easy schedule it wasn't likely to happen in the regular season.

Appo is not good this year. So, for Radford to only be winning by 8 in the 4th, I absolutely thought that might be their implosion game because a legit title contender should have been blowing out the Raiders at that point.

As for Riverheads, there's no reason to pay much attention to them at this point. Union/Graham have to get past Saturday first, and then worry about Radford, not the Gladiators. That's why all the focus was on the Radford/Glenvar game.

Union/Graham can worry about them in 2 weeks...if they get past Radford AND Riverheads gets past Poquoson.