Region Finals Scores and Updates.

Real Sasquatch

3 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

The winner of Martinsburg/Huntington (most likely M'burg) will destroy either of these teams. They're just on a different level. 

No question. Martinsburg plays defense. Bridgeport is the smallest AAA school in WV and Princeton is the 3rd or 4th smallest I think. Remarkable feat for either of them to make it to the title game though. With Martinsburg, we are talking abut a team with some historic national recognition versus a very good in state school. It will be no contest. 

Heck of a show by Princeton 2023. They are competing at the highest level/highest classification of West Virginia football and playing for the state championship. A great moment whenever a team from the coverage area plays for a title.

2 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Lot of eyes will be on Graham vs Union tomorrow, the only game in town in AA.  

Lot of folks already handing the title to Riverheads and giving CCC the POY on the "other" board.

CCC is without a doubt POY. He could be POY in Class 1 and 2 for 3 straight years. 

3 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Lot of eyes will be on Graham vs Union tomorrow, the only game in town in AA.  

Lot of folks already handing the title to Riverheads and giving CCC the POY on the "other" board.

It’s literally 2 people that post here that are saying that lol 

16 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

They beat Glenvar by 30 at Glenvar. If Glenvar is indeed a tough opponent, they’ve beaten them twice by a combined 38 points, at home and on the road. 

I think the Glenvar staff is very good and knew exactly how to slow down Radford after seeing them first hand. The 2D team won’t have that in their favor. 

Union was in a one score game w Tazwell well into the second half and the Dogs aren’t great. Good teams win in winning time and Radford has done it two weeks in a row. When you have a QB that can literally take over a game and make up for any mistakes, that gives you an edge against teams without that. If the 2D team is that much better at rhe LOS and can physically put Radford down (like Union did v Tazwell and Graham v GC), then they’ll win. If it’s close at the end, I’m probably taking the electric QB. 

I've been watching Radford all year because of the hype around them, the QB and the coach.

I never said Glenvar was a great team nor tough opponent. That's partially my point on Radford. If you watch the first game, Glenvar did not play to their strengths, they played to Radford's. It was very obvious, just watching on film, that Glenvar wasn't going to out athlete Radford. They tried to matchup and made lots of mistakes, got down early and wasn't built to play from behind.

They learned from that, and you saw the results tonight.

Alleghany did the exact same thing. Run for 3-7 yards a clip, and then get cute and try to pass. And their QB was not very good.

Tazewell was a much better team than given credit. Unfortunately, I didn't watch much film at all on them, so I didn't know what to expect. With the right coaching and conditioning, I think that Tazewell had the players to beat both Graham and Union this year.

Kind of reminds me of Graham in 15-17 with Richlands. They were much more talented than those scores suggested, but they turned the page in '18.

34 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Radford didn’t look great today but they were also playing their district rivals who have one of the best coaches in the state in a rematch. I know Graham and Union fans now think it’ll be a cake walk against Radford but let’s look back at how bad Union looked against Ridgeview and Graham against Virginia High and GC. Anything can happen, especially now this late in the season 

You've seen Radford in person. I've only seen film.

Are the Reg D folks too confident on their chances against the Bobcats?

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

I don't think anybody that matters is taking anybody else lightly at this point in the season.  I know that Tony P. and company preach the importance of respecting your opponent each time they play.  I'm sure Union does the same.  If I'm Graham or Union, you can at least see a chink in the armour of Radford and that gives a little confidence, I believe.  These last couple of weeks (including tomorrow's game) are going to be one of the most exciting in AA in quite a few years.

7 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Graham and Union are certainly both capable  of beating Radford but they wont have an advantage like Glenvar did. The Highlanders have played against Clark for 3 straight years and gotten the best of him with the exception of this year. Glenvar also has a great coaching staff that is a nightmare for teams in a rematch(ask us Giles fans about 2014…) Clifford(Glenvar’s Coach) is a genius at scouting and finding the weak spots and coming up with new schemes to throw the opposing team off. Radford shell shocked Glenvar in the first quarter the first time they played but after that they didn’t really do a whole lot. 

Again, Union and Graham have the athletes to beat the Bobcats but if they get overconfident thinking they’re just gonna run it down Radford’s throat and be able to contain Clark they may also get shell shocked. 

4 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I don't think anybody that matters is taking anybody else lightly at this point in the season.  I know that Tony P. and company preach the importance of respecting your opponent each time they play.  I'm sure Union does the same.  If I'm Graham or Union, you can at least see a chink in the armour of Radford and that gives a little confidence, I believe.  These last couple of weeks (including tomorrow's game) are going to be one of the most exciting in AA in quite a few years.

Yeah, I think the only team Union & Graham are thinking about right now are each other! Palmer & Turner aren’t concerned with Radford right now. They’re focused on tomorrow!