6A

Lake Braddock 10

Highland Springs 35

FINAL

Freedom-Woodbridge 55

James Madison-Vienna 14

FINAL

9 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

I will say Honaker had as explosive of an offense that I have seen in quite a while.  Although Galax’s line wore on the big boys up front and Tucker was just punishing people today.

Couldn’t agree more. Honaker did what they had to do. Jump on Galax early. But that physicality wears on you over time if you’re not accustomed to it and prepared for it. No offense to anyone intended here but you can’t get accustomed to it and prepared for it playing Honaker’s schedule. 

12 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Except for that season, when Grayson was the largest A school in the state, started off strong as expected then lost the district to a split between Narrows with 18 players and Pocy.  Damn, them were some fun years.

If Pocahontas hadn’t shut down in 2008 I believe it would’ve been a race between Bland/Pocy for the district championship that year. How wild would that have been?

53 minutes ago, tbgfan said:

Galax has a "freight train" with Tucker.  He was the difference maker and the train to Salem went through him.    I think Union can relate to this with Clements last week.  But as we seemingly know,  one week's win doesn't always translate to a win the following week.  

Congrats to the Tigers for a great season.

Congrats to the Galax MAROON TIDE as they travel to Salem.

You guys had a great team. Very explosive offense - nothing to hang their head about. 

4 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Why such a long time between games? It isn’t usually like that is it?

1 minute ago, RedPrideNation said:

It’s the VHSL, that’s the reason. They are idiots and have been for many years. 

@RedPrideNationis on top of it. They clear the stadium so you can’t pay once to watch both games. 

Just now, SWVAgridiron said:

So people will actually have to leave the stadium? For the last 12 years I’ve just sat there for hours waiting for the next game to start 

You’re supposed to. They’ve been doing it this way for a few years now. Not sure how hard they enforce it though. I don’t think they have people sweeping the stadium chasing people out. 

7 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

So people will actually have to leave the stadium? For the last 12 years I’ve just sat there for hours waiting for the next game to start 

Last time I went was when Clintwood played and they didn’t make us leave must’ve changed since then 

Just now, BBHoops_18 said:

So Riverheads moves up to 2A and will most likely win. Phoebus goes up to 4A and is a pretty safe bet to win. Highland Springs moves up and should be a battle against Freedom. 

Reduce the number of classifications!!!

3 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Reduce the number of classifications!!!

I agree. No reason there shouldn't be 4 like NC. Once you get up in the higher classifications I don't think there's much of a drop off between divisions anyway. I don't know what some schools enrollments are but I'd imagine Stone Bridge and Maury should be in the highest level of VA football.