Taylor stepping down at Lebanon

1inStripes

11 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Or ones starting in January 

Weight lifting should never stop that should be year around. You can lift in the morning and still practice after school. Lifting weights has never hurt any sport regardless of what the basketball coach says

19 hours ago, Stelley said:

Look don’t shoot the messenger just telling you all the things I’ve heard. But playing guys who are already hurt. They could have had a decent season if it wasn’t for everyone not being able to play the rest of the season (think there was a total of 11 players out for the year and almost half were during practice). Not saying that’s on him at all. It’s just super unattractive to all of the other athletes at the school when they walk in each day and one of their buddies is hurt.

It was a promising season until.... Honaker put over 50 on you in the first half in the first game of the season.  Then it went to hell in a hand basket.  Lol

1 minute ago, swva_havok_fan said:

It was a promising season until.... Honaker put over 50 on you in the first half in the first game of the season.  Then it went to hell in a hand basket.  Lol

Yea that was an embarrassment. Wish Lebanon and honaker would play in baseball so they could score 50 on them too.

4 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

I think if the Lebanese want to keep a coach for the long term, a unlimited gift card to Pal's should be on the negotiating table. 

I’m not sure how “long term” we are talking here. I like Pals just as much as the next fat guy. But a diet of a double big pal with bacon, a side of frenchie fries and a large sweet tea isn’t good for the longevity of your arteries 

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Or ones starting in January 

Yeah, I meant "March" to imply working all year. It's hard to compete on a state level if you're not in the weight room all year long. That's why so many schools are replacing traditional gym classes with weight training. But you can't force kids into it. They either want to or they don't. 

I overheard a decently famous golf instructor tell a dad one time, "if he's not doing this on his own, dragging you out of the house to hit balls everyday, he's never going anywhere in this game. You can't do it for him and you can't force desire!"

23 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Yeah, I meant "March" to imply working all year. It's hard to compete on a state level if you're not in the weight room all year long. That's why so many schools are replacing traditional gym classes with weight training. But you can't force kids into it. They either want to or they don't. 

I overheard a decently famous golf instructor tell a dad one time, "if he's not doing this on his own, dragging you out of the house to hit balls everyday, he's never going anywhere in this game. You can't do it for him and you can't force desire!"

Spot on…you can’t force desire and so many kids these days want the rewards but want to bypass the work to get there. 

5 hours ago, Jags52 said:

I’m not sure how “long term” we are talking here. I like Pals just as much as the next fat guy. But a diet of a double big pal with bacon, a side of frenchie fries and a large sweet tea isn’t good for the longevity of your arteries 

Can't win on an empty stomach. 

On 1/15/2024 at 11:48 PM, RoundBall1982 said:

If anyone knows anything about what's happened in Russell county the past couple of years, then its obvious the next coach will be Mark Palmer.

Can you elaborate on whats going on in Russell County and why you think Mark Palmer will be the next head coach? Mark Palmer is a good man and a good coach. He is currently serving as an assistant at Northwood. It seems strange to have Palmer on the sidelines not being the one calling the shots. Rumor has it Lebanon will return to Class 1A after this season making the football job very attractive. Lebanon has had a lot of success in Class 1A and would become a regional contender on a yearly basis in Class 1A. Palmer would definitely be a good choice for Lebanon. 

I’m just assuming that he is an attractive selection both for his past successes, but also familiarity from his St. Paul days. 

Lebanon’s football success (not always), usually correlates to whether they are at the top or bottom of their classification.

On 1/15/2024 at 1:04 PM, Stelley said:

From my understanding it wasn’t just the sophomore class. Heard numerous rumors that Lebanons senior class (which has a ton of athletes in basketball and baseball) didn’t play because the coach had a history of getting his players hurt.

Sounds like Miami coach Mike McDaniel I think they had around 12 starters out in the playoff game who was starting day 1

On 1/15/2024 at 12:37 PM, Stelley said:

Seems to be that he did that for Lebanons core sophomore class. Numerous rumors were circulating that 2-3 of Lebanons sophomores were going to transfer if he stayed. Sorry Richlands fans but it looks that Reece will be staying

I personally think Reece is over rated. I was at the PH game and wasn’t impressed. 

1 hour ago, mriguy74 said:

I personally think Reece is over rated. I was at the PH game and wasn’t impressed. 

Lebanon could have easily won the PH game. Think the final was 37-24 or something like that. Reece got them inside the 5 yard line 3-4 times and didn’t score. Lebanon has zero run game and zero receivers fast enough to get open on a short field. So who would you consider impressive? If you put Reece in Union or grahams offense they would have been the serious favorite to win state.

Could’ve, should’ve, would’ve. PH kept them in check. I only seen the one game this past season. I work to much to go to the games, that’s why I keep up with as much as I can on here. Union and Graham are both favorites year in year out anyway. 

16 hours ago, mriguy74 said:

I wouldn’t call him underrated, he just had absolutely nothing around him. Defense gave up 35+ a game and the kid had no O line. He has the best arm talent on this side of the state but it’s hard to show case that with what he had around him. Creasy is more polished than he is overall but Reece is more talented

Wonder how fast Lebanon administration will move on this job? Will they be in a position to bring in a new coach and and assistant or two? If they move back to division 1 this will be a good job!

21 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Wicks or Bubba at Castlewood would probably make the Reese family happy with their styles of offense if they took over at Lebanon.

I think Wicks and Bubba would make be able to keep Reese at Lebanon. Both teams ran the air raid and he would be deadly in that offense if they have 5 guys that can catch a football.