Updated football fields

fishfan

9 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

At this rate, they’ll be lucky to have it done by football season. Also no reason our soccer teams couldn’t finish playing regular season games on the field. 

Sorry to hear that, I really am. But this is the nature of design and construction involving DEQ post Covid. What used to take a maximum of 90 days, now takes a year minimum. Often, much more than a year.

If one were to go back in this thread, you can see the warnings I posted. Been doing this for 30 years and ready to be done with it because of the mess these state and federal agencies are causing. 

8 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

At this rate, they’ll be lucky to have it done by football season. Also no reason our soccer teams couldn’t finish playing regular season games on the field. 

Im just hoping for it to be completed by the first home game at this point.

23 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Drove by Ernie Hicks this past weekend and they added "Richlands" in white lettering in both end-zones.  That's a bit unique.  I think most schools do their mascot name or leave it blank.  Thoughts?

Almost all schools put something in the end zone. Some put the school name in one end zone and the mascot name in the other. Some put the school name in both and some put the mascot in both.

3 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Almost all schools put something in the end zone. Some put the school name in one end zone and the mascot name in the other. Some put the school name in both and some put the mascot in both.

Glenvar is the only school I'm aware of on this end of the state that left the end zone blank. My understanding is, they didn't want the distraction given their soccer program. At least that's what a Glenvar parent told me.

Tazewell's field will have "Tazewell" in one end zone (near the field house) and "Bulldogs" in the ithe other in white lettering.  In the middle of the field they will have the "T" in white with the bulldog in the middle of it ( I'm sure most of you have seen that before).  I like the green and white, gonna look nice.

53 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Tazewell's field will have "Tazewell" in one end zone (near the field house) and "Bulldogs" in the ithe other in white lettering.  In the middle of the field they will have the "T" in white with the bulldog in the middle of it ( I'm sure most of you have seen that before).  I like the green and white, gonna look nice.

That implies that green is a "nice" color. 😂

3 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Which shade a green have you guys decided on?

22 hours ago, sixcat said:

Glenvar is the only school I'm aware of on this end of the state that left the end zone blank. My understanding is, they didn't want the distraction given their soccer program. At least that's what a Glenvar parent told me.

This is what I was thinking.  Some schools might tone it down because of all of the soccer/football markings.  It can get pretty busy.  

23 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

Which shade a green have you guys decided on?

Fortunately, the only green will be the dark and light green already on the turf.  The other stuff will all be in white, except for the Bulldog that goes through the "T" will be mostly grey.  I would like to see the grandstands get a nice fresh coat of paint, maybe Green and white with a consistent shade of green throughout....