No turf in Richlands

mrb

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

How about expanding and updating the visitor's seating. You can't see a damn thing on the visitor's side at "the Hick". I've sooped so low as to sit on the home side when Graham goes to Richlands, but I feel like I betrayed an old friend after the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a quick fix. Don't come at all. That way the only thing you can complain about is the bad reception on the radio.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, that sounds like an excellent idea......no visitin teams should come to richlands???? Talkin about cutting your revenue by a huge chunk.

Everyone is right, the lighting should be improved! Maybe with all the money rhs is getting from the many many playoff games yall boys brag about, they could fix the lighting and maybe expand the visitors section

By the way, I'm sure they won't change but do you think you guys could start using different officials too?? lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

How about expanding and updating the visitor's seating. You can't see a damn thing on the visitor's side at "the Hick". I've sooped so low as to sit on the home side when Graham goes to Richlands, but I feel like I betrayed an old friend after the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a quick fix. Don't come at all. That way the only thing you can complain about is the bad reception on the radio.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, that sounds like an excellent idea......no visitin teams should come to richlands???? Talkin about cutting your revenue by a huge chunk.

Everyone is right, the lighting should be improved! Maybe with all the money rhs is getting from the many many playoff games yall boys brag about, they could fix the lighting and maybe expand the visitors section

By the way, I'm sure they won't change but do you think you guys could start using different officials too?? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

New lights will be installed before the start of next season.

I don't think anyone is arguing that Richlands couldn't use new visiting bleachers, they're saying there is no need as long as visiting fans rarely fill them. By the way, the ones at Tazewell are just as bad if not worse so I'm inclined to think your motivation here is just to get in another jab at Richlands.

RHS uses the exact same officials as the rest of the SWD... for that matter the rest of SWVA.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That quick fix was for the sandman. But, if you feel he may be lonely.....he'll be at Cotton's.....either on the barstool or on the floor...

[ QUOTE ]

yeah the lights were going in before the turf was anyways, the visting bleachers are better then tazewells in my opinion and lets no get started about tazewells field with there paved sidelines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with Tazewells field. It is one of the best around. There sidelines are to close to that track though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard that they have ran into some type of field drainage problem at Richlands and the field turf can not be installed there? Something about the fill or something under the exsisting site? Anybody heard anything about that? I know everything is a go over at Honaker, should be ready this coming season.

From the Forever Fields website"

'The TtC Polyethylene artificial grass fibers are smooth to the skin, and not slippery on the shoe. Athletes can safely fall or slide on the artificial grass, without risk of painful "turf burn" injuries.'

[ QUOTE ]

if its anything like the field at concord then theres going to be some minor burns, but nothing like the old school turf i.e. uva@wise

[/ QUOTE ]

No kiddin', and I have the scars to prove it from a few itramural flag football games on the turf here @ Wise.

The Mayor is right on. We played at Carson-Newman last year and the field turf is nowhere near is painful as old school astro-turf. The most annoying part is the little rubber balls that are on the field get stuck on you when you fall.

Shouldn't be any problem that was a corn field til the late 40's. I know a man that lives really close to the field that can tell anything about that area, he even helped level the area for the high school to be built.

[ QUOTE ]

I have heard that they have ran into some type of field drainage problem at Richlands and the field turf can not be installed there? Something about the fill or something under the exsisting site? Anybody heard anything about that? I know everything is a go over at Honaker, should be ready this coming season.

[/ QUOTE ]I have also heard this and it wouldnot suprise me. that whole area is sitting on blue mud. it could create some engineering issues but none that could not be overcame if the will is there to overcome

• 1 month later...

As I understand it, they are in the final planning stages for both Richlands and Honaker. Should start soon. I believe there is a water line near the 10-15 yard line that has to be re-routed. I would think if they have to turn the water off, they would want to do that part of it during spring break. Of course then again I do radio for a living no engineer should or ever would take my advice haha! Bottom line is I am pretty sure it is a go.