Virginia High @ Richlands II

V-Cats

Just want to say good luck to both teams and hope for no injuries. BUT,  I want to call out our (Richlands') fans this week because it was embarrassing last week from a former player's standpoint looking in the stands and seeing not even a half full stadium.  Hope Bristol and RIchlands packs the joint out and makes for not only a great game but great atmosphere for the kids, they DESERVE fans showing up.  GO BLUES!! What was it Cola always said, "The Storm is brewing"......Richlands 28 VHigh 27

For his sake, I hope not.  His presence obviously brings out the worst in the Orange and Black clad fans! 

Well I would be over on the Richlands sideline, so I wouldn't expect any issues with your people there. If I really wanted to "avoid" the VHS folks i'd just go down to the endzone and hang out.

Let me asked you a direct question.  Why do you obsess on VHS so much?  A Bearcat steal your girl?  Somebody in Bristol make fun of your pocket protector?  Get a speeding ticket on Euclid Avenue?  It is painfully obvious from your incessant derogatory comments that something traumatic happened to you involving Bristol and has damaged your self esteem.   Something Freudian definitely going on in your world. Were I you, I would stay away from Bristol;  you are seeing way too many "boogey men" in the stands. 

To answer your questions: (1) I don't (2) no (3) no (4) no

Nothing else going on other than calling it like I see it..I've always been honest about stuff here and just like now, it's not always the most popular discussion for some folks, but I tell it like it is.  I did mention a kid at Grundy once sitting by the field house saying the F word about 3 times per sentence and a couple of shirtless idiots from Grundy there with her running their mouth, and that was dealt with and I haven't seen it since. I've also told kids walking around the track running their mouth over on the visitor side to knock it off and have a little class. If I see it happen, I try to do something about it so people don't get on places like this and talk about how bad it is at Grundy...people already whine about how horrible it is to drive there and how horrible the field is and all that sort of thing, they don't need an excuse to go on about anything else. (Like it's shorter for Grundy to travel to wherever they play or something? but whatever...that's another argument)

Anyway...the problem I have, and I've said it several times now...every trip to VHS yields some sort of drama or low class interaction or display of poor sportsmanship...going back many, many years. 

You may not like me, you may not like Grundy, and that's ok...but I'm giving you specific reasons as to why I don't like VHS...first post I made in this thread said "I try not to hate VHS, but damn it's hard not to" and that's where I stand...I don't want to...but it's just hard not to when you constantly have to deal with the low class attitudes and behavior. I'm not saying it's you or jblank or anyone in particular...maybe it's just a select few that I've had the pleasure of encountering and that's all I have to base my opinions on...but that's just how it is....for me anyway.

Well here we go again! I thought we was back to the game?

Lance are you coming to the game? If you do let me know

I can't make it this week, wish I could as I'd love to see it....but I'll be at the next game to take pics though...or plan to be anyway.

OK. I wanted to talk to you about the pictures. I saw you at the Grundy game but it was late in the 2nd quarter. If you hadn't been on that side of the field I wanted to come and chat for a while. Anyways maybe next time

sounds good...next week!

Remember Abingdon about beat Richlands. LOL! Va High is the favorite after beating one of the best teams in the state. I don't see how anyone can pick Richlands after they about lost to Abingdon and Va High beat Gretna.

You act like Gretna was a 10-0 team that beat everyone by 70. They were 7-3 and lucky to be at that mark. Sound familiar? Gretna is/was not "one of the beat teams in the state." The Richlands Abingdon game was literally over a month ago. Let's move on past that one. Richlands has alreay beaten VHS once, how can you pick VHS as the favorite? And don't use the transitive property. That thing is useless.

So as of right now there is a 50% chance of rain and the high will be 63 and the low 48.  If it does rain,  what effect do you see the rain having on the game, and who do you think it benefits the most !

Man,  glad to see us talking about the game again !  But I have to admit,  I couldn't take my eyes off the thread,  kinda like staring at a car wreck as you drive by.....lol

If it rains, to me, it gives a bit more advantage to Richlands, as it neutralizes out little bit of speed advantage.

Can we just go back to bashing Richlands?

.......this is a Richlands site,  there is no bashing of Richlands allowed on a Richlands site !

This is just a JOKE.........maybe a a bad one..........but a joke none the less,  that is all !

I can't believe someone is dumb enough to think longer cleats would help on field turf...but all fan bases have their self-appointed geniuses, I guess.

Yep I agree. Rain doesn't really effect speed on turf either. You get the same amount of grip in those rubber pellets wet or dry. The ball will be slick as hell, but that's about it

The long cleat reference was obviously alluding to a past history of "bending the rules" shall we say....  It is about the act of breaking the rules, not the specific manner in which they were broken. 

Jethro, you have more depth than I first realized.  Maybe there is some method to your madness.  You have, with a single post, exposed some significant cognitive issues in a few of the posters.  Nice.

There is no speed advantage for VHS in this game. That's ludicrous. 

How so? It might be debatable, but ludicrous is a strong word. Ya know, you guys, at this point, I think you actually WANT to argue. It was an opinion, you might disagree, fair enough if you do.

The long cleat reference was obviously alluding to a past history of "bending the rules" shall we say....  It is about the act of breaking the rules, not the specific manner in which they were broken. 

Jethro, you have more depth than I first realized.  Maybe there is some method to your madness.  You have, with a single post, exposed some significant cognitive issues in a few of the posters.  Nice.

Spin it brotha!  You're an expert at that!