Union vs Appomattox?

Richlands Gang

If Union can tackle they should be fine. Appomattox is very athletic and has a ton of speed. The running backs hit the hole fast and will spin out of tackles. Union has to wrap up in order to have a chance. Appomattox run defense is very stout and it will be very hard to get to the edge on them.

Union will need to match them score for score and hopefully force them to make a mistake. You're not gonna stop them from scoring so you gotta answer everytime. Appos defense is not that big, but they are very fast and swarm to the ball better than any team I've seen in awhile. Don't try any outside sweeps or they'll shut it down. Run straight at them or pass the ball. Their pass defense didn't seem that great. Giles only attempted 3 passes and had guys open all 3 times but the tailback didn't have enough time to find them. Union does have a chance, but they must play flawless and force Appo to make mistakes. They are well coached, and play good, disciplined football.

Look to see Union have several 15 to 20 play drives and eat the clock. I believe Coach Turner knows a "little bit" about a double tight T formation with some unbalanced line or some double tight Power I. Appomattox can't score if they don't have the ball. Grind it out and they'll get anxious on offense and make a few mistakes.

To add to my post, put some pressure on the QB. He doesn't like to scramble but if needed he will try getting on the edges and if he does get out in the open it'll be hard to catch him. He also predetermines who he wants to throw to. As soon as the ball is snapped he will stare down the receiver he wants to throw to.

Don't see it being close, sorry. If I'm wrong I'm wrong and I'll eat crow but they won't be beat in 2A. Three score game. Dan River played the close due to nasty field conditions. only chance is to catch them on wet, muddy field to slow them done. That's the only way.

Appo not getting the ball but about 5 times the whole game will work as good as wet field conditions....play keep away. If Union can pound the ball on them and eat some clock I think they have a chance. I'm gonna say Appo wins but I think its pretty close, Turner will have a good game plan:

Appo 35

Union 27

Don't see it being close, sorry. If I'm wrong I'm wrong and I'll eat crow but they won't be beat in 2A. Three score game. Dan River played the close due to nasty field conditions. only chance is to catch them on wet, muddy field to slow them done. That's the only way.

Dan River played on the same field they are good very good. Also nobody says anything about there coach they are a very good coached team. we got a pretty good run D so hopefully we can pull the W outan grind the clock

I just went over and was reading the Va preps forum.. those guys don't wanna give Union any respect whatsoever for what they just did to Dan River.. wow.

buncha clowns over there

all we can do is give it our best shot! seen some of our so called fans on social media even saying we can't win, myself, i dont consider them "fans". give it all we got, leave it all on the field, and regardless the outcome be proud of where you come from and how far you got!