Jump to content
trumpet1988

Union vs. Richlands rematch

533 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Blue 72 said:

Okay, you must have been at practice, so the one player you didn't call out is the QB.  Who was playing QB?

Looks like Brown is gonna start, but they were changing in and out every other play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
39 minutes ago, TTownTigers said:

The best way to attack Union is to use your strong points.  The strong points for Richlands is the offensive line and 44, not the QBs or WR's.  This means, run the ball, and if you lose, then you lose.  But, passing and 7 step drops aren't going to beat Union.  From a perspective of Richlands, it's not about whether "Richlands can or will beat Union".  It's about what give Richlands the best chance to win. 

Teams have had the most success against Union thru the air. Deep fly routes and stuff. No team has ran the ball on Union consistently. I understand you wanna attack with your best, but sometimes it's better to play matchups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
50 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Prob not best way to attack Union IMO. 

They just ran it a few times, looked as if they were practicing it for short yardage. Not much tricky just motioning to the middle and 2 blockers ahead of 44. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
15 minutes ago, local_insight said:

They just ran it a few times, looked as if they were practicing it for short yardage. Not much tricky just motioning to the middle and 2 blockers ahead of 44. 

Sounds like you should just tell everything the Blues are doing for everyone to see and know. That way they can't win, because your doing a pretty good job so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 minutes ago, Gil'sBlues said:

Sounds like you should just tell everything the Blues are doing for everyone to see and know. That way they can't win, because your doing a pretty good job so far. 

Exactly! I don't know what his problem or intentions are but it's STUPID!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, TTownTigers said:

No offense to you or 45 or 3, but again, this speaks to the problem.  45 and 3 may run through a wall and be the greatest hardworking kids around.  But again, I didn't write #45 or #3, I wrote, #44 as in Johnson.  That's it, no others, Just 44. Get the kid the ball and stop trying to show the local natives how "diverse or deep" you are in the running game with 45 or 3, and stop trying to show the natives how "advanced your offense is" with the ignorant passing plays that kills your drives.  Why ignorant?  You have a physical, big, and strong offensive line and you have an absolute beast at 44 that should have been carrying the football since his sophomore year, and HE is the most talented football player on your team, and HE needs the ball 20 times per games.  Wing T is great, but just go traditional set or power eye and force people to stop #44 with 2 blockers in front of him, and if you lose, then you lose, but this gives you the best chance to win.  You are not going to dink and duck and "finesse" Union with a short passing game and win.  You don't have the athletes at WR or the QB that is consistently accurate enough to do so.  RUN the ball with 44.

I wish it were that easy.  Union's defensive line is next to none, and if you show run all night, they will load the box and be sure to stop it.  You have to have a diverse attack to keep the Dbacks honest and give #44 or whoever space to run.  Screen passes, timing routes, tight end screens, and an occasional down field route will do that, you just have to make sure the QB is not throwing into double and triple coverage and not taking a sack.  This will open up the run beyond the line of scrimmage.  #44 is a beast, but if you run him all night, then who fills his spot at LB.  He is partly responsible for the success of that strong defense.  It can not and should not be a one man show, it has to be a team effort with everyone stepping up, especially against Union.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 minute ago, BlueRazor said:

Exactly! I don't know what his problem or intentions are but it's STUPID!!!!

I agree with you, but I don't see Mance changing the whole offense for one game.  I think that would be a big mistake. One play here and there would be okay and could happen, but don't go to practice and get on this thread and tell everything that you have seen, although it doesn't matter, you probably don't know a wing tee set from a power I or pro set anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
54 minutes ago, local_insight said:

They just ran it a few times, looked as if they were practicing it for short yardage. Not much tricky just motioning to the middle and 2 blockers ahead of 44. 

Here’s an idea. DON’T POST THINGS YOU SEE AT A PRACTICE ON A MESAGE BOARD WHERE COACHES FROM BOTH TEAMS COME TO. 

Trust me, you’ve pissed off the Richlands coaching staff. And a large portion of the fanbse. 

Just don’t say it, there’s no point in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
7 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Here’s an idea. DON’T POST THINGS YOU SEE AT A PRACTICE ON A MESAGE BOARD WHERE COACHES FROM BOTH TEAMS COME TO. 

Trust me, you’ve pissed off the Richlands coaching staff. And a large portion of the fanbse. 

Just don’t say it, there’s no point in it. 

Do you really think Richlands would run the wing T? No. I'll leave it at that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 minutes ago, Falcon Mania said:

Somehow at this point Abingdon has it made.  Nobody really cares about the game or game plan(except for the Falcons).  I'm sure Northside is prepping for a rematch with Lord B.  But the they still will have to beat AHS.

And here we have people literally posting on here what one team is practicing 2 days out from game time.  Wow.  Great job.

No they aren't preparing for LB...one because they won't play LB if they win and two they know they are in for a game friday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 minute ago, local_insight said:

Do you really think Richlands would run the wing T? No. I'll leave it at that. 

What are you on a fishing expedition, and it doesn't matter what they are running, you don't post it on the board for everyone to see.  But like I said it doesn't seem to me like you know what you are talking about anyway, you just want to rile up the board members, which you have accomplished. CONGRADS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
9 minutes ago, local_insight said:

Do you really think Richlands would run the wing T? No. I'll leave it at that. 

It doesn't matter what they're running or not running. If it's not true, then what do you get by lying? You've either given away a potential secret, or you've blatantly lied for NO reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 minute ago, Blue 72 said:

What are you on a fishing expedition, and it doesn't matter what they are running, you don't post it on the board for everyone to see.  But like I said it doesn't seem to me like you know what you are talking about anyway, you just want to rile up the board members, which you have accomplished. CONGRADS

Your right I have no idea about football.

Might see Mance come out with a little Air Coryell since Unions weakness is the pass. But im sure he will run the Wishbone instead. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
19 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I'm sure Brown's confidence is definitely shaken, could be part of the problem. Switching things up too often on offense or defense can be detrimental to players and team. Just my opinion

Hard to play having to look over your shoulder every series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, TTownTigers said:

No offense to you or 45 or 3, but again, this speaks to the problem.  45 and 3 may run through a wall and be the greatest hardworking kids around.  But again, I didn't write #45 or #3, I wrote, #44 as in Johnson.  That's it, no others, Just 44. Get the kid the ball and stop trying to show the local natives how "diverse or deep" you are in the running game with 45 or 3, and stop trying to show the natives how "advanced your offense is" with the ignorant passing plays that kills your drives.  Why ignorant?  You have a physical, big, and strong offensive line and you have an absolute beast at 44 that should have been carrying the football since his sophomore year, and HE is the most talented football player on your team, and HE needs the ball 20 times per games.  Wing T is great, but just go traditional set or power eye and force people to stop #44 with 2 blockers in front of him, and if you lose, then you lose, but this gives you the best chance to win.  You are not going to dink and duck and "finesse" Union with a short passing game and win.  You don't have the athletes at WR or the QB that is consistently accurate enough to do so.  RUN the ball with 44.

Or just flip a coin to see what Offense you are going to run this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

It doesn't matter what they're running or not running. If it's not true, then what do you get by lying? You've either given away a potential secret, or you've blatantly lied for NO reason. 

I'm sure both teams have 7 or 8 game films on each other. You're game planning on tendencies. If you are putting something new in this week

only and it doesn't work;you are pretty much screwed for the game. Because you've put this "grand scheme" in and it didn't work. Now what?

Wouldn't be real smart to do that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 

Oh my, secrete formations....Turner already has anticipated this , center sneaks guard reverses, we picked it all up on the drones and when we hacked the schools security systems....we are also making sure that the wall is extended to Va , West Va line to limit those poor homeless football players don’t jump the border before the game and we are checking IDs of players to make sure they are not 20......sorry but your blasting a guy for giving away formations was humorous, just trying to add a little levity to this post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

It doesn't matter what they're running or not running. If it's not true, then what do you get by lying? You've either given away a potential secret, or you've blatantly lied for NO reason. 

I wonder how Mac McClung is doing at Oak Hill? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
55 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I heard Richlands was running the single wing this week to mess with union haha

I'm just kidding folks so don't hammer me like the other side lol

Ironic you say this because didn't someone post earlier in the week about Seeing Union run the single wing in practice? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Premium Theme Designed By IBTheme.com

×