Was looking at the Richlands roster...

GMan

Sure wish they'd put a little "r-" beside the kids who red-shirted their 8th grade year.

I think they're planning on putting the "r" plus the hometown of each player in this year's programs

Sure wish they'd put a little "r-" beside the kids who red-shirted their 8th grade year.

You crack me up !

It's my fault it's not listed..........I was suppose to take care of that, but I was out of town on a recruiting trip at the time, I also had to check up on the new houses we are building for all the new recruits that are coming in. I can only do so much !

I'll try to get that done........

God help me, I probably shouldn't have said that, somebody out there will probably take me seriously.............just joking guys.........I really didn't have to check up on the house's, somebody else is taking care of that.........lol

but I was out of town on a recruiting trip at the time, I also had to check up on the new houses we are building for all the new recruits that are coming in.

You build mobile homes???

While I can agree with some of what lookoutmountain is saying I will have to weigh in here about Battle and Abingdon (and all other Washington County schools). Washington County does not allow kids to be held back in 8th grade that is why Battle and Abingdon and the others don't do it. However, if you are well enough off financially and can afford to send your child to a private school for a year to have them repeat 8th grade in the private school you can them bring them back to the the public school for 9th grade. I have been told that this is starting to happen more often at Abingdon, but I do not have any proof of this happening. Smyth County also does not allow holding back of 8th graders.

While I can agree with some of what lookoutmountain is saying I will have to weigh in here about Battle and Abingdon (and all other Washington County schools). Washington County does not allow kids to be held back in 8th grade that is why Battle and Abingdon and the others don't do it. However, if you are well enough off financially and can afford to send your child to a private school for a year to have them repeat 8th grade in the private school you can them bring them back to the the public school for 9th grade. I have been told that this is starting to happen more often at Abingdon, but I do not have any proof of this happening. Smyth County also does not allow holding back of 8th graders.

If parents really wanted to push the issue with that, they could hold them back in an earlier grade.

If parents really wanted to push the issue with that, they could hold them back in an earlier grade.

I've never known a kid (at least around my age) who was held back by his parents at Battle and it's feeder schools either for academics or sports. I have, however, known quite a few kids (in my own class) who should have been a grade higher, but failed and were held back by the school. None of these kids though played football that I can remember, but some used to long before high school (a few couldn't play their senior, and sometimes junior, year because they were too old or were still failing).

You build mobile homes???

.....LOL ! No, I just make sure they are ready for the recruits to move into !

Damn Gman, don't tell everybody they are mobile homes.............we might lose a recruit or 2 ! I hear that Graham is offering the kids from WVA a double wide, so they may go there instead !.........lol

Guest king kone
.....LOL ! No, I just make sure they are ready for the recruits to move into !

Damn Gman, don't tell everybody they are mobile homes.............we might lose a recruit or 2 ! I hear that Graham is offering the kids from WVA a double wide, so they may go there instead !.........lol

I thought they might offer some free McDonalds....courtesy of the GMan....

This obsession you girls have with Richlands is getting a little creepy!!!:eek:

I heard Logan Thomas parents had purchased a house @ Cedar Bluff and he would suit up for Richlands on Friday night . Coach mance would drive him back to Hotel Roanoke, so he could make curfew and play for the Hokies on Saturday.

I heard Logan Thomas parents had purchased a house @ Cedar Bluff and he would suit up for Richlands on Friday night . Coach mance would drive him back to Hotel Roanoke, so he could make curfew and play for the Hokies on Saturday.

Irish you better get your epi-pen because I think your about it stir up a hornets nest.

I hear that Graham is offering the kids from WVA a double wide, so they may go there instead !.........lol

Nah, we're just putting them up at the Comfort Inn for the football season...

They tried that, but Thomas couldn't make the team.