richlands vs cave spring

ba961

Lance, go coach your football team @ Grundy!! You think you a football coach ??????????

Lance, go coach the rednecks @ Grundy!!

whats that got to do with the price of beans in china? what does anything I have said have to do with coaching?

go back to grundy...blah blah blah.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a person who has observed the Richlands program up close for several years now I believe I can honestly say the transfers have done more harm than good for the program. For many reasons to lengthy and touchy to discuss on this forum.

Congratulations to Richlands on another great season!!! Ten years ago a 9-2 season would have earned you a parade. Now it gets fans fighting with each other on the internet. That's progress!!! Just ignore the garbage and be proud of what you've accomplished. Seniors, thanks for four solid years of hard work. Underclassmen, hit the weight room on 12-1 and get after it!!!

Great post! I agree with this one 100%!

whats that got to do with the price of beans in china? what does anything I have said have to do with coaching?

go back to grundy...blah blah blah.

I tell you what it was Lance Jackie Darrell was telling me that them Cave Springs boys had long cleats.

I tell you what it was Lance Jackie Darrell was telling me that them Cave Springs boys had long cleats.

I thought the Phelps Hornet got smashed with a rolled up Voice newspaper back in the summer of 2011. Glad to see he is still alive and tickling the ivories on his keypad

This senior class at RHS lost 2 regular season games and one was the first one there freshman year. The jacka$$ that said Mance should pack his stuff and says he has been a fan for 21 years must have just taken a hit of meth. We may have been out coached maybe. I wouldnt trade Mance for any coach in VA, he has done more with the talent available than any coach in the state. I cant wait till we move down a division.

I thought the Phelps Hornet got smashed with a rolled up Voice newspaper back in the summer of 2011. Glad to see he is still alive and tickling the ivories on his keypad

'Darrel and my other brother Darrel got me one them micro beer building kits said I could make my own Fall City Fatboy but they didn't tell me the Commonwealth of Ky frowned on me selling it to the Double quick and Jo Mart. uh I been on Vacation sure is cold in LaGrange this time of year glad to be home.

LOL! You didn't want to start an intelligent discussion about anything. You're a punk bleacher coaching know-it-all who wanted to start some $hit about coach Mance, and no spinning you can do will change that fact. You need to shut up. You post something like this and have the nerve to call someone else an idiot? I have never met coach Mance. I don't have to. His record speaks for itself. And if you want to stop commenting, don't use a cowardly cop out like that. If you're not up to it and can't hold up your end of the discussion without crying like a two-year-old, just quit. That's typically what bleacher coaches do.

Sorry to be late to this party but I have been out of town for a while and have not been able to join in on this, but THANKS to you and the other blues fans that are real fans for standing up to some of these ( as you called them ) bleacher coaches that have no idea what they are talking about and probably never stepped on the field !

We are very lucky to have the coaching staff that we have and while they may not be perfect all the time, they are if not the best, they are at least among the best high school staffs in the state and their record proves it.

Sometimes you just run up against a better team and Cave deserves credit for being a very good football team. No excuses for injuries or suspended players, they just beat us. The blues didn't have a good night and played probably one of their worst games, but still played very hard for the entire game and gave it their all, but were beat by a better team on that night.

Lance is right as far as speed goes.

Most teams on our end of the state have a lack of speed ( obviously there are exceptions ) compared to the rest of the state.

We use to be able to counter that with more of a power game. but with the new speed programs and weight programs that most schools have now implemented, our ( and I'm talking about SWVA ) power advantage is not what it use to be.

We have to find a way to step up our speed and maybe that is with a speed school like they have elsewhere.

No matter what the outcome of the game with Cave this year or last, Coach Mance and his staff has earned the respect of most blues fans and also the fans and coaches of our competitors.

For my part, I hope they are here for MANY years to come !!

To be honest, CS should have beaten you guys 3 years in a row now...that first game was a gift to you from the refs. You should be 0-3 against CS and not 1-2.

If you don't see the speed on the CS team then you are turning a blind eye to it. No they are not world beaters, they are an avg team for the area they play in because they are on a level playing field...they are better than anyone in this part of the state though and would probably beat anyone except maybe Clintwood or maybe even GW on a good day might match up with them.

Everyone has an off game, but you can't just say "we made bone head plays" or whatever...the bottom line is you got your ass whipped by a better team...you didn't beat yourself...you got beaten.

appears to me you are stirring the pot,and this is a lotta fun to read.personally i dont think richlands should have no complaints with mance.he has brought a lotta wins to richlands.how many teams in this area would like to have the record richlands has the last several yrs?i think they have recruited a remarkable team.some encouraged to go to richlands and some went on their own, because they have a good program.good yr for the blues but time for the round ball.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, there are just a few people who don't agree with my opinion...and that's ok. I've tried to explain myself and what I see going on the best I can...the intent was not to piss anyone from Richlands off...I just don't agree with blaming the coaches for the problem.

There's a giant turd in the middle of the room and a few people seem to be just ignoring it and stepping over it.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, there are just a few people who don't agree with my opinion...and that's ok. I've tried to explain myself and what I see going on the best I can...the intent was not to piss anyone from Richlands off...I just don't agree with blaming the coaches for the problem.

There's a giant turd in the middle of the room and a few people seem to be just ignoring it and stepping over it.

I bet they smell it though!!!

I just wanted to start an intelligent discussion on a matter that needs to be addressed. Obviously that is above those who have a juvenile idol worship complex of Coach Mance and staff.Yes , this staff is the elite of the coalfield area(wow that is impressive) but is consistently Out Smarted north of Wytheville. Too bad for us that in order to compete on a state level we have to compete against teams and staff that are intellectually superior to our staff. I guess Virginia really does end at Roanoke. As this will be my final post (I don't debate with idiots) I would like to issue this challenge to Mance and the other coaches: In the next few years make it back to the state finals. Prove me wrong.[/QUO Come on Man!
Edited by land_rider

Richlands losing against Cave Spring had very little to do with Mance. Richlands losing against Cave Spring had very much to do with the fact that SWVA continues to fall farther and farther behind Roanoke and the rest of Virginia in two key categories: (1) population and (2) producing athletes.

That simple.

Richlands losing against Cave Spring had very little to do with Mance. Richlands losing against Cave Spring had very much to do with the fact that SWVA continues to fall farther and farther behind Roanoke and the rest of Virginia in two key categories: (1) population and (2) producing athletes.

That simple.

You got that right. The two schools that Richlands lost to both from the same district, both from the Roanoke area.

That simple.

This ^

And it's going to get harder and harder ! All of our area is loosing population big time. My daughter and her fiance moved away for better opportunities as has so many others and it will continue. There is just not much for them around here right now !

I hope and pray that that changes soon so we can keep our young people here, but until it does change our schools will continue to loose kids and athletes.