Altavista objects to playing at Haysi

Great City

These people are crazy.

Complaining and moaning about travel time. The system we have now works out to where the game should be played at Haysi. Sure conditions may not be perfect but it's football. In 1995, didn't Powell Valley play Northampton in the D2 State finals at the neutral site of Nandua High School? That's in Accomack County! You have to cross the Chesapeake Bay to get there! Besides, the conditions at game time were less than perfect. PV won it 36 to 6.

Also, the muddy conditions is a weak argument. Do these people making the arguments not realize that Haysi is playing in this game too?

Did you notice the thread "Great Job AltaVista". Here is what trutiger15 said "

Great job AltaVista, no disrespect to Haysi, but your administration owe it to your kids and community for a fair game out west. The style of the east teams are not liked very much. Make sure you check the officiating crew credentials I mean it ! True I don't have a dog in the fight but what happened to Sussex last year was wrong !"

I think this is a Sussex poster with butthurt but he has gave Essex another excuse.

No.........I have not seen Haysi play......ever.

BUT, if Altavista wanted the game moved, it had to be because they thought moving the game would give them an advantage. True or not.

Looks like it doesn't matter anyway. Glad to hear the game will be at Haysi. 

Not really sure if I agree with making certain rounds of the playoffs having to be played on turf. Seems like that would always give the "speed" teams an advantage. That just doesn't seem fair to me.

Tell that to the SEC. Football is no longer a game of three yards and a cloud of dust, it's based on speed with high-powered offenses and fast, aggressive defenses. No one, outside of those whose team lacks speed, want to watch football circa 1940 and 1950s.

Football is no longer a game of three yards and a cloud of dust, it's based on speed with high-powered offenses and fast, aggressive defenses. No one, outside of those whose team lacks speed, want to watch football circa 1940 and 1950s.

LOL!  And this, from someone whose team had its ass handed to them by two teams who do nothing but line up and run it down your throat....

Bridgeport...42-21...64 carries for 319 yards...0-2 passing

Wayne...29-27...53 carries for 401 yards...2-4 for 7 yards passing

You're gonna hate the WV AA State Championship game...

Tell that to the SEC. Football is no longer a game of three yards and a cloud of dust, it's based on speed with high-powered offenses and fast, aggressive defenses. No one, outside of those whose team lacks speed, want to watch football circa 1940 and 1950s.

I enjoyed watching Stanford and Oregon. Old school football against high powered offense and speed everywhere

LOL!  And this, from someone whose team had its ass handed to them by two teams who do nothing but line up and run it down your throat....

Bridgeport...42-21...64 carries for 319 yards...0-2 passing

Wayne...29-27...53 carries for 401 yards...2-4 for 7 yards passing

You're gonna hate the WV AA State Championship game...

Another example is Giles over Richlands.

54 carries for 425 yards

0-1 passing 0 yards.

Just an example and NOTHING ELSE (Richlands fans) of a good rushing attack. The first rushing offense invented at that.