Abingdon @ Richlands; SWD Title Game

V-Cats

Lance isn't basing his pick on what he's seen from both teams against their 3 common opponents. Richlands has outscored the combination of Gate City, Graham, and Va. High, by a total of 146-34. The Falcons......140-80.

If the scores from common opponents mattered then Reed and Mance would have both coached those games much differently. I see the point you are trying to make, but it's not valid for a plethora of reasons.

Will I be absolutely stunned if Abingdon wins? No.

BUT.....I doubt Reed was coaching to keep the Gate City and Graham games closer than necessary. Mance could have named the score against either team.

It's quite obvious that Richlands has the significantly stronger defense. They've also played a tougher schedule and are averaging more points per game ,,,,,,,,.

I'm just curious as to what evidence there is that would make someone conclude that they have "gotta go with Abingdon."

Who would you say the best team is Abingdon has faced? For me it will be about the trenches and who can enforce their will the best.

I feel like I would almost say GC. The two Burgs maybe, but both are a bit down this season. Richlands has far and away played the tougher schedule.

I would like to hear " Southy & Falcongirls" predictions on this little game.

I'm sure they will take Richlands in this useless game......lol. Come on Southy entertain us with your thoughts. You have been right on point this season as always.

Here kitty kitty......

As a Blues fan it's nice to see those 2 services picking the Blues to win,  but the really great thing for us fans that will get to watch the game is it will actually be decided on the field !  It should be soooo much fun to watch this game and nerve racking also,  I just hope the weather holds out so it doesn't play any part in the game.

Two really good teams that really need this win so it will be a 4 qtr game.

Another playoff game type atmosphere for the Blues,  this will be the 2nd game this year with this type of feeling and atmosphere for the Blues,  with the other being the Union game !

Like was said by someone,  the O lines will win or lose this game in my opinion.  It will come down to which line will give their QB enough time to find their receivers and keep the sacks to a minimum.  The running game will be important,  but both of these teams relies on their passing game more so it will come down to who executes that part of the game the best...IMHO..........and turnovers will be critical,  as in don't commit any !   

Man,  I hate to wish my life away,  but I wish it was Friday already !

Go Big Blue.........Tornadoes that is !

I think it could go either way, I don't know who to pick. I just hate some get offended on this board if you ever pick against the Blues.

If you're referencing me asking Lance his reasoning, I'm not offended. People pick against us all the time. I just like to hear the reasons and thought processes behind it. It wouldn't be fun if everyone picked the same teams all the time. Lol

If you're referencing me asking Lance his reasoning, I'm not offended. People pick against us all the time. I just like to hear the reasons and thought processes behind it. It wouldn't be fun if everyone picked the same teams all the time. Lol

No I wasn't referring to you but we've seen it lol. Some do act like its the end of world lol.

I think it could go either way, I don't know who to pick. I just hate some get offended on this board if you ever pick against the Blues.

If you're talking about me, I wasn't offended. Lance made a statement in which he implied that he had analyzed the two teams and deduced that Abingdon should be favored. I'm curious to know why.......statistical data would favor Richlands.

If you're talking about me, I wasn't offended. Lance made a statement in which he implied that he had analyzed the two teams and deduced that Abingdon should be favored. I'm curious to know why.......statistical data would favor Richlands.

You don't win a game by using statistics I'm pretty sure what u do on the field determines that

No I wasn't referring to you but we've seen it lol. Some do act like its the end of world lol.

Whatever....I try to be fair to everyone including Abingdon. I have been more than fair to them even very complimentary. I could care less if you pick Abingdon. It will be settled Friday night either way.

I'm going to wait until Thursday to add my complete thoughts about the game and score.....probably nobody cares but I will anyway..... lol

So what are your expert thoughts?

I'm not an expert on anything I'm just stating that statistics don't mean crap when u step out on a football field or any athletic venue. I think playing at home Richlands has the edge. If Abingdon was at home then I feel they would have the edge.

You don't win a game by using statistics I'm pretty sure what u do on the field determines that

LOL!

Statistical data is next to worthless in comparing who should be favored in high school football games. Almost as worthless as comparing results of preseason scrimmages...

Too much variability. You have to compare starting units against starting units, as Richlands has had much more occasion to substitute liberally as had Abingdon. You have to compare run/pass ratios, as Abingdon committed much more to the run against Graham.

Both teams having played Graham, Richlands is far more physical and has the stronger defense. Give me Richlands by 14+

LOL!

Statistical data is next to worthless in comparing who should be favored in high school football games. Almost as worthless as comparing results of preseason scrimmages...

I agree. It's all about matchups. How many times have we seen a 14 seed beat a 3 seed in the NCAA basketball tournament because the matchup is just bad for that 3 seed. 

QBs are a wash. 

WRs are a wash.

RBs are a wash.

Secondaries are a wash. 

That means it comes down to the offensive and defensive lines, and the linebacking corps to me. And I'll never bet against Wade, Addison, Holmes, Mance and company. 

I'm not an expert on anything I'm just stating that statistics don't mean crap when u step out on a football field or any athletic venue. I think playing at home Richlands has the edge. If Abingdon was at home then I feel they would have the edge.

You are winning the pick em contest aren't you?

If I can't ask your opinion..... I can't ask nobody