Abingdon @ Richlands; SWD Title Game

V-Cats

LOL!

Statistical data is next to worthless in comparing who should be favored in high school football games.

May be one of the dumbest things you've ever said, and there have been a ton of them. I'm sure you're going to get some "amens" from those unschooled in probabilities, but if the uneducated is the crowd you're playing to, have at it......

this is gonna be a knock-down, slug-fest, barn-burner, and any other words you can think of when these two teams go at it for the SWD title. and to answer Ryan4VT question on the over/under

passing- I say over by just 10 yrds

passing attempt- I say under by 5

points- I say under by 20 points

the factor that is gonna play for this game is who's defense shows. if  the richlands d that played union down to the wire shows up, that could spell trouble for richlands, and if Abingdon's d that played graham shows up, that will be disastrous for Abingdon.

this is me pulling a lee corso "Abingdon took to richlands last year and won the SWD, that was last year, this is now, richlands is a better team now than they was when they faced Abingdon, Abingdon is favored to some folks to win the SWD again, BUT NOT SO FAST......Abingdon gets their first taste of defeat and RICHLANDS gets payback and shows Abingdon who rules the SWD, give me that Richlands helmet"

May be one of the dumbest things you've ever said, and there have been a ton of them. I'm sure you're going to get some "amens" from those unschooled in probabilities, but if the uneducated is the crowd you're playing to, have at it......

This is probably the dumbest thing you have put on here 

This is probably the dumbest thing you have put on here

Do you understand what it means when you say a team is "favored" to win? For dummies, favored=probability greater than 50% to win.

Your buddy is saying that statistics are WORTHLESS in determining the FAVORITE. Not the winner, just the team more likely to win. Please tell me what criteria you would use to determine a favorite? Uniform color maybe?????

No, Mance wouldn't want to change the game to Saturday,  he likes to keep to a routine,  but I LOVE High School Football on a Saturday afternoon !  I don't know what it is, but it just feels different.  Maybe it's because about the only time you see that here in Va is when it's a playoff game,  but it just seems different to me and it  has a different feel to it......at least to me.

When I played in Maryland we played regular season games on Saturday once in a while ( usually 2 to 3 a season )  so maybe that has something to do with the way I feel about it.

Yeah I wish swva would have a game of the week and play it on a Saturday so everyone could watch their team friday and watch game of the week Saturday, probably would work if they tried it but they would have to dodge va tech and tennessee's games

Just went back to the 2014 posts on this game. Same old sh#t.

UVA- Richlands by as many as they want

Ryan- Richlands by 2+ TD's

Etc... Etc...

See you all Friday. Hope everyone stays healthy this week and Good Luck to both teams

Everyone is wrong at times. The trick is not to be wrong very often. And picking Richlands against its opponent ensures that I am right about 90% of the time.

This one could get very interesting. Maybe Abingdon will do a Brady and deflate the balls a little. The only thing I can state for sure about this game is that a team in Blue and White will win.

Hard to say which one but I have to give the edge to Richlands. Payback is hell they say and I have a feeling Richlands will be ready for this one. It won't surprise me at all if Abingdon pulls it out but I have to go with the Cedar Bluff Cyclones in this one.

Richlands 45

Abingdon 30

And picking Richlands against its opponent ensures that I am right about 90% of the time.

An absolutely unexpected moment of brilliance from UVAO. My first true encounter with an idiot savant.

You must be allergic to yourself then Holmes

Holmes, huh? Is that Freudian or flattery.....perhaps comparing me with the genius of Sherlock Holmes?Or is it proof that you're just as poor in linguistics as you are in the study of probabilities?

Holmes, huh? Is that Freudian or flattery.....perhaps comparing me with the genius of Sherlock Holmes?Or is it proof that you're just as poor in linguistics as you are in the study of probabilities?

Saturday is out.....UT vs Bama......and one of these days we are going to beat them and I want to see it again.

Razor has been very complimentary of AHS, no doubt. In an earlier post in a different thread I mentioned my concerns and was complimentary of RHS. But when it comes down to game week people start talking smack. That's what makes it fun. The only problem is that there are TONS more RHS fans on here than AHS fans.....so I learned long ago that if you want to talk smack against RHS you must do it cordially, with manners....whilst they run their mouth how ever they see fit. Lol

I'd say Reed/Colobro have a game plan that hasn't been seen thus far. Schemes, match ups, etc. Remember, this ain't a Bowles coached team any more. They devised a heck of a game plan last year. That's the one good thing about playing a team with long term head coach.....they show consistencies, habits, designs, etc, so a good opposing staff can scheme against them. Now granted, Mance is one heck of a good coach, no doubt. But I guarantee you he's scratching his head more this week asking himself what is AHS going to do then vice versa. It's going to be a very good game. I'm picking AHS for many reasons....Sturgill is whale of a QB that has a great head on his shoulders, has some great receivers, etc......but the main reason I'm picking them is Reed/Colobro. Which I know it sounds weird to pick coaches being the difference when you are going against Mance but I explained that above. Coaching (play calls) were the difference last year. I lied, the main reason I'm picking AHS is just because I want them to win. And if everyone else was honest they would say the same. This isn't RHS vs Grundy or AHS vs VHS. This game matches up so well on paper that they only way to pick who you think wins is to go with emotion. RHS wants revenge and AHS wants to go undefeated. Who wants what they want more?

See you guys Friday.

45-18 Richlands

Why? I flipped a coin, it landed on heads, which was designated for Richlands.

Why the score? Because I am 45 years old and I got the number 18 based on the fact that my favorite dog lived to be 18 years old.

so much for stats and probability.......

If that comes true....