Union @ Clarke Co

GoBearsGo

Thought those of you going needed to see this!!

Information Concerning Heavy Traffic - December 5, 2015 - Clarke County. ***Please Share***

On Saturday, December 5, 2015, there will be two events in Clarke County that are anticipated to create heavy traffic and congestion. The Town of Berryville Christmas Parade will begin at 12:00 PM and will travel on Main Street from First Street to Lincoln Avenue. The parade will cause the closure of Main Street for the parade. Also traffic on US Route 340 will be blocked to allow for the parade. The parade is expected to last 45 minutes.

Clarke County High School will be hosting the State Semifinal Football Game on Saturday, December 5, 2015. Kickoff is at 1:30 PM. This game is expected to draw a huge crowd. Parking for the football game is available at DG Cooley Elementary School (Upper and Lower Campuses) and Clarke County High School. For those traveling to the football game, we suggest traveling the following routes:

We highly recommend that everyone attending the game to travel Route 7 (Harry Byrd Highway) to West Main St (Business Route 7) to one of the schools listed above.

If traveling 340 (Lord Fairfax Highway) northbound from Route 50 (John Mosby Highway), Turn left onto Senseny Road, right onto Westwood road and proceed to one of the schools.

When the game is over, we recommend that all local traffic exit and travel Westwood Road to Senseny Road. For those visiting, we recommend taking West Main Street (Business 7) to Route 7 (Harry Byrd Highway)

Please expect heavy traffic and congestion in this area to begin at 10:00 AM and continue until 5:30 PM.

Before, during and after the events, we will update our Facebook and Twitter pages of any incident that may cause problems with traffic in the area.

Follow us on Twitter @ClarkeCoSO

As fate would have it, I was up in Winchester yesterday for a business matter.  By the way, I could have used UVAO's expertise in this matter.  Anyway, I came back down through Berryville.  That Senseny Road shortcut is a good one...but you have to keep your eyes open to see it.  Then the right onto Westwood is in a turn and sneaks up on you.  BUT, you can basically see the stadium light towers most of the way.  Also, there is an old fire tower that is a good landmark to let you know you are on the right path.  You run smack into the old high school but the new school is within eyesight.  Senseny/Westwood basically cuts off the corner of 340 where the parade is scheduled.

So, if you come up via 522 from Front Royal or down 522 from Winchester, take 340 towards Berryville, left on Senseny Road about a mile before Berryville, a right on Westwood (I believe it was the first road after leaving Senseny).  Keep getting it until you see the school.  Look to the horizon for the old firetower and stadium light poles (may not see them until you turn on Westwood--cannot recall), then you will pass the baseball field and old high school.

I plan on parking at the old high school and walking over, but I think they are scheduling shuttle buses (it is a short walk though). 

If you get lost, join the parade.

Never, ever sign a contract without legal counsel standing by...especially when dealing with SWaM vendors. 

Yep, SWaM is a needlessly sticky wicket, especially on a state level with procurement.  

This is aside from the obvious pitfalls for any alleged breach of a SWaM contract by the fundor.

Once your near stadium does anyone know if it's best from the traffic circle to take first exit onto state rt. 636 or take third exit onto Mosby blvd, just curious to which one would miss the parade

Never mind once your at the circle your pretty close, maybe be able to see stadium lights from there

Good Luck today Union! I will be here at home pulling for you all and listening on the radio. I sure hope you guys play the type of football your capable of. If you do....I think you win by at least two scores but all that matters at the end of the day is to have one more point than Clarke!

Good luck and hope for safe travels for all. Represent well my friends.....

Man,  hate to hear that about your seating........it seems like the schools up that way ( from central Va on )  are just not use to the type of crowds that we get around here !  I should say on average,  I'm sure there are schools up that way that have big fan bases,  just maybe not as many as we have around here.

Good luck today Union_fan,  I will also be listening to 93.5 to the game today and pulling hard for you guys !!  Go get em !

Looking at the scene from the Union/Clarke game, then compare with the Essex/Galax and GW/Riverheads pregame scenes.....sparse crowds at those....

https://twitter.com/GazetteSports24/status/673201366022664192/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

https://twitter.com/ThePackFootball/status/673201186300891136/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw