Frustration at Richlands

smoothsailin'

My name is related to my place of origin and my unnatural fascination with hydrated potassium aluminum sulfate. (Not really. But a more interesting answer than the fact that I just ain't creative.)

How long it take you to google what Alum is? Lol

I am just a simple mind so hence my handle on here.  Just wanted something to describe where I am from and that I am a big fan..........plus my nickname is actually Big O with my motorcycle buddies,  but that name was already taken.

As Gman knows, mine relates to my skill at golf, not my computer skills.

I need to incorporate hacker into my user name somewhere.....I've seen a fairway very, very often.....it's seldom that I'm hitting from it though!  :)  Love to play...in fact, took the day off when AHS played Northside and played Hanging Rock in Salem prior to the Falcon game.   Course record is still safe.... LOL.  

I have always had a sweet spot in my heart for Tazewell County, and all the towns and small communities in the county.Let me say that, Tazewell county has some very good people living there, and

Represents the best of SWVA. After I graduated college while the Vietnam War was at its peak, my first job was in Tazewell, and for the County of Tazewell. The war took me away from my job for a short time, but I told my employer to hold my job, and that I would be back. And that was God's plan for me,as I did return to Tazewell. I met some amazing people all over the county, and I sat down often with them and broke bread with them in frendship. Life took on a different meaning to me in those days. I began to see life in a much larger picture, and not so much as letting the smaller things of life take a hold of me, and mold me into to somebody, other then who I really was.

Life is very short, My Friends. It seem like it was only yesterday that I was on Bearwaller Mt, Redash, or Pocahontas setting down with some very good folks, and trying to figure out we could make life better for them and their families. It was those people that help define me, not the turmoil of war, and it's bitterness.

Folks, as I enter my final years of life on this old Earth, I enjoy watching the game of football just as much as the next guy. Defeat was something that I could not and would not accept. It made the game, more than a game, but something that tried to mold me into somebody other than who I was and am today.

We as adults must realize that we must be the role models for our youth. We as adults, should always let winning not define us, but teach us how to deal with success, and not expect success to come without a price. Let no man sit in judgement of his fellowman, but let our maker judge whether or not we have served him to the best of our ability. The game is nothing but a game. If we make more of it than what it is and let it's outcome define us, than it no longer is a game that I would not want the youth I know be part of on this great Earth. May God continue to bless all the good folks in Tazewell County. If we love our fellowman, than we are all winners in the eyes of God.

I almost went with "Pumpkin Brigade", another name the BHC used to call VHS.  But since Union copied the orange of VHS, I thought it might be confusing.  I guess imitation is truly the highest form of flattery.

I need to incorporate hacker into my user name somewhere.....I've seen a fairway very, very often.....it's seldom that I'm hitting from it though!  :)  Love to play...in fact, took the day off when AHS played Northside and played Hanging Rock in Salem prior to the Falcon game.   Course record is still safe.... LOL.  

I hate Hanging Rock!  I lived in Roanoke for almost 10 years.  I really like Hidden Valley but it is hard to get access without being a member.  Best course in the Roanoke Valley!

Ashley Plantation and Roanoke Country Club are overrated, by a mile!  Blue Hills, Botetourt CC and Ole Monterey are very good tracks, at least when I was there from 1999-2008.  

I guess BigO is self explanatory. Love my Vols and my time there. But the friendships and the people in this part of the world are tough to beat. Dont get me wrong, if I were still 18 I'd pick college life in Knoxvegas....but now that I'm just a tad over 18, this is where I want to be.

I hate Hanging Rock!  I lived in Roanoke for almost 10 years.  I really like Hidden Valley but it is hard to get access without being a member.  Best course in the Roanoke Valley!

Ashley Plantation and Roanoke Country Club are overrated, by a mile!  Blue Hills, Botetourt CC and Ole Monterey are very good tracks, at least when I was there from 1999-2008.  

We actually liked Hanging Rock....however, would love to play at some of the others in the area when/if I get a chance to go back there.  My oldest son got to play Hidden Valley when he was playing high school golf and he too, liked that course.   

Sixcat, have you played Olde Mill in Laurel Fork?  For a regional course that isn't my regular home course, it is my favorite.  There are still many courses in the area on my wish list to play but I look forward to my next golf trip to Laurel Fork.  I get there maybe once or twice a year.

We actually liked Hanging Rock....however, would love to play at some of the others in the area when/if I get a chance to go back there. My oldest son got to play Hidden Valley when he was playing high school golf and he too, liked that course.

Sixcat, have you played Olde Mill in Laurel Fork? For a regional course that isn't my regular home course, it is my favorite. There are still many courses in the area on my wish list to play but I look forward to my next golf trip to Laurel Fork. I get there maybe once or twice a year.

I have played Olde Mill several times. I only live about 20 miles away. For a treat, go a little beyond Olde Mill sometime and play Cross Creek in Mt. Airy, NC. Great track and gorgeous area. Only a few miles from Olde Mill.

I really like Hidden Valley but it is hard to get access without being a member.  Best course in the Roanoke Valley!

Back in the day when I was in the golf business, a friend of mine was the head pro at Hidden Valley. I got to play there quite a bit.  Dick Wilson designed it...he also designed Fincastle in Bluefield, VA.  He's a fairly famous golf course designer, having designed both Bay Hill and the Blue Monster at Doral (http://www.worldgolf.com/golf-architects/dick-wilson.html).  Hidden Valley and Fincastle have a ton of similarities...if you like one, you'll like the other.

Back in the day when I was in the golf business, a friend of mine was the head pro at Hidden Valley. I got to play there quite a bit.  Dick Wilson designed it...he also designed Fincastle in Bluefield, VA.  He's a fairly famous golf course designer, having designed both Bay Hill and the Blue Monster at Doral (http://www.worldgolf.com/golf-architects/dick-wilson.html).  Hidden Valley and Fincastle have a ton of similarities...if you like one, you'll like the other.

I have played several of Dick Wilson's designs.

Hidden Valley

Treasure Cay (Bahamas)

Meadows (Greenbrier)

Orleander (Jekyll Island)

Pine Lakes (Jekyll Island)

Pinecrest (North Carolina)

Plantation (Sea Island)

I didn't realize Fincastle was a Wilson design.  I have enjoyed every course I have played that he designed.  I'm gonna have to get up there and play it.